Author Topic: ESPN's Heat Index...are you freakin' kidding me?  (Read 8158 times)

ESPN's Heat Index...are you freakin' kidding me?
« on: October 11, 2010, 07:01:40 PM »

Offline joeb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Thought i had seen it all with the waaaaaay over the top coverage of the Miami Heat all summer by their largest shareholder (at least it would seem), until this...24-7 coverage of the Miami Heat.

Just UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/

Re: ESPN's Heat Index...are you freakin' kidding me?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
kinda disgusting.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:37:18 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
I'm just hoping that the Boston Celtics can beat Miami's version of the Big 3 on the opening day of the season. If we won that game then me might put some doubt in the minds of these very same people at ESPN who are convinced that the Heat will make their first championship appearance since 2006.

As a side, The Celtics have been to the finals twice since then and the Lakers have been there 3 times. Phil Jackson hasn't always won with the Lakers when making it to the finals like he did with Michael Jordan and the Bulls, though he and the Lakers are on the verge of 3-peating again this season.

Honestly, I think there is still more than one team that can stop the Lakers in the finals but I'm not putting much stock on that team being the Miami Heat...
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:39:24 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I cant wait til James, Wade, and Bosh all go down with their season ending injuries.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
I cant wait til James, Wade, and Bosh all go down with their season ending injuries.

I'm actually hoping they all stay healthy and just fail. Hard.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:48:03 PM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING
Thought i had seen it all with the waaaaaay over the top coverage of the Miami Heat all summer by their largest shareholder (at least it would seem), until this...24-7 coverage of the Miami Heat.

Just UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I don't get why there is so much hatred for ESPN. When our big three got together in 2007, ESPN provided their fair share of coverage, so why complain now? ESPN appeals to the entire nation, so what is wrong with them providing extended coverage on the eyes of the NBA? Personally, I could care less about what is going on in the media. As long as my Celtics play well, play with hustle and everything that characterizes Celtics basketball, I am at peace. I'll worry about Miami when we meet them for a seven game series.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:52:57 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Just UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I don't get why there is so much hatred for ESPN. When our big three got together in 2007, ESPN provided their fair share of coverage, so why complain now? ESPN appeals to the entire nation, so what is wrong with them providing extended coverage on the eyes of the NBA? Personally, I could care less about what is going on in the media. As long as my Celtics play well, play with hustle and everything that characterizes Celtics basketball, I am at peace. I'll worry about Miami when we meet them for a seven game series.

I agree.  How dare ESPN try to make money by providing a lot of coverage of something a lot of people are interested in! 

I'm just glad the NBA is getting some buzz this year.  Celtics fans of all fans should realize that nobody remembers who got all the hype one year; all they remember is banners.

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
The ECF is going to be much more intense than the Finals.

Scary competitive.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 06:13:53 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I agree.  How dare ESPN try to make money by providing a lot of coverage of something a lot of people are interested in! 
Exactly, fully agree.

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »

Offline joeb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13

Just UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I remember 2007, and yes they got their share of coverage, but we're talking about non-stop from "The Decision" fiasco in prime time to following their every foot step. 2007 was nothing like this.

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »

Online makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I don't care about media coverage, all I care about is the W collum, my only fear is hearing a whisle everytime LJ, CB and Wade touch the ball
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 09:57:42 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Exactly, fully agree.

There is a difference between people being interested and gagging America to death with a spoon.

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Sweet!

They should make this the front page of the entire website. It is the only thing I care about in the world of sports right now and I know I am not alone!

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Here is a scenario for Game #1. Starters play Heat tough and are within 3 after 12min. Second unit comes in and runs over Miami's second unit. Miami's starters come back in and can't stop the bleeding. Then Rondo and starters come back in a start picking apart their weaknesses, building a huge lead. Heat starters make a comback; but Lebron is already licking his wounds and disappears. Bosh is a no show. Wade makes a go of it but comes up short. C's win!

(Just saw Deja Vu, great movie if you go with the flow and don't think about it too much).

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I'm actually hoping they all stay healthy and just fail. Hard.
Ditto.  Who cares what coverage they get?  Just smother them with defense and get the win on opening night.