Author Topic: I LOVE Durant  (Read 2428 times)

I LOVE Durant
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:13:02 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
This kid grows on me more and more everyday. I love our team as is, but I still would have to consider giving it all up if we had the chance to do what OKC has done in developing level headed, talented youth.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/69459/20101007/durant_declines_invitation_to_lebron_party_in_kansas_city/

I think about the irresponsibility I still deal with from time to time, and then I look at this kid who's a year younger than me making good decision after good decision. I hope OKC continues to develop, and will stand in the way of LeDiva's championship hopes for years to come.

Re: I LOVE Durant
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks for post, SUM. Durant is his own man, and that's good. He's focused and extremely talented.

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:38:44 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah Durant is awesome. Fun to watch, loves his fans, plays for the love of the game not for the image and the sponsorships.

Its amazing how similar his and James recruiting was. Obviously leBrons was a little more intense, however Durant was placed on a pedestal as well. "The next Jordan" "the savior of a broken franchise" and it is amazing how completely different these two have become in the sporting world. LeBron has become a guy that fans love to hate and can't stand, love to root against and want to see him fail for the most part. Durant seems to be the complete opposite. Everyone loves the guy, everyone wants to see him do well and bring OKC up as a franchise. People love watching him and love the way he plays.

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 11:04:37 AM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Kevin Durant is the perfect balance of size, talent and athleticism at the position of small forward. The guy is a proven team player and can also be a team leader or captain if necessary as evidenced by his production at the FIBA World Championships. Coaches praise Kevin Durant because he is hard-working, level-headed and has a very positive approach to the game.

As an aside, a few months ago while I was watching the NBA summer-league I remember the announcers mentioning on more than one occasion how Durant actually attended the summer-league games being played by the newly-drafted players and reserves on his team, further proving the fact that Kevin is first and foremost committed to his team and to trying to win basketball games.
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 12:10:37 AM »

Offline GranTur

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 68
  • Anti-NBA Hipster
If Durant puts on some more muscle and develops a post game he'll be the league's MVP for nearly half a decade.

His jump shot is so ridiculously wet and his attitude is amazing.

Feels good for anyone to root for him.
"It's not how you play the game. It's whether you win or lose--that's my motto." -Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
It's fun having another star I can root for.

Here's to the thunder making the WCF.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 02:36:42 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Kevin Durant is very talented, seems like a likeable guy, and I'm certainly happy to hear that he turned down an invite to Lebron Fest.  However, if I keep reading too many more of these "I LOVE Kevin Durant" type posts, I could easily start to HATE Kevin Durant.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »

Offline Assassin70

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 164
If Durant puts on some more muscle and develops a post game he'll be the league's MVP for nearly half a decade.

His jump shot is so ridiculously wet and his attitude is amazing.

Feels good for anyone to root for him.

/co sign
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."

Red Auerbach

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »

Offline benkissam

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
I became a Texas fan (been one for nearly 3 years now) because of the likes of Kevin Durant, Colt Mccoy, Jordan shipley. I love all of them, and KD is by far my favorite NBA player that isn't a Celtic.

So nice to see an NBA player that just works hard and keeps his mouth shut. He's basically a big kid still anyway; I read somewhere that he has his mother listed as "Mommy" in his phone. Got to love that, haha. But I feel like him and Derrick Rose are the hardest workers in the NBA or at least are up there.

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 11:40:15 AM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
He is the real deal.  As long as he can get on a team that has a chance to win.  There are many great players who never get a ring.  I think Kevin has the chance to be a top great player.