Author Topic: is anyone watching the Heat?  (Read 7074 times)

is anyone watching the Heat?
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
is anyone else watching this??? It's the first game of the Heat today in preseason and while there is no Wade, i have to admit, this Heat team with Lebron and Bosh is looking good, particularly Lebron. His athleticism is unreal! of course, this is just preseason after all. sloppy plays from both teams, especially the Pistons, but still.

- LilRip
- LilRip

Re: is anyone watching the Heat?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 08:24:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Yes. I watched it then stopped, because LeBron looks really really good.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I wish, but I don't have NBA TV at my school in Florida so I'm watching ESPN 30 for 30 4 Days in October which is excellent. 

By the way does league pass broadband carry preseason games? 
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
mike, i honestly have no clue.

btw, turns out, the rest of the heat team doesnt look so good. They look like the Pistons without Lebron on the floor, which isn't saying much.

and as we know, Joel Anthony is their version of Perkins (all D, no O). we'll see how well he does in the real season when he's given real minutes. not the garbage minutes he got previously in his career. he's got a couple of nice blocks now though.

- LilRip
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 08:48:08 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2410
I watched the first quarter. They were fun to watch defensively until Wade left the game with an injury. Scrambling defense, forcing turnovers. Incredible quickness.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Miami don't scare me. Stern & his rogue refs scare me. If they pull the same ish like the finals (22ft in 4th Q) last season, Celtics are screwed.

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
LeBron playing very well, (shock), but I'm not that impressed with their team chemistry ... no "Super-Team" traits that I can see as yet, but it takes time for that stuff to develop anyway. We'll see.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hoping that the Wade injury isn't to serious.  I want to beat every team at full strength.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 09:14:24 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
That was a very sweet play that ended up with the LB dunk ... nice interior passing.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:01 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I really don't like reporters presuming things like the Heat beating the 72/10 record when we've just started the pre-season. Man, they're really believing their own hype, and they're going to have a few wake-up calls, I think.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:32:05 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I really don't like reporters presuming things like the Heat beating the 72/10 record when we've just started the pre-season. Man, they're really believing their own hype, and they're going to have a few wake-up calls, I think.
I hope!  Your previous post was right about how chemistry takes time.  Can't tell anything at this point as far as that goes, but I'm sure they will be very good.

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 09:32:15 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Bosh looks pretty good, although dont see anybody bodying him up being physicial w him

well see
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 09:34:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Hoping that the Wade injury isn't to serious.  I want to beat every team at full strength.

I wish I could agree with you.
But I won't be too upset if Wade is out for the season.  Sorry, nothing against Wade, but I'll take the Ws however I can get 'em.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 10:13:24 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I took notice to one thing.  Bosh was getting a lot of iso looks and the Pistons simply guarded him 1 on 1.  There was no appearance of help defense and I've never seen that when Bosh has had the ball in the past.  When Lebron is on the court, a team can't have all their defensive heads turned towards Bosh looking to help.  I think he's going to get a lot of 1 on 1 opportunities with little help on this team and he showed tonight he can be very effective in that role.  As the commentators mentioned, if he's ready to crash the boards hard, he's going to have a hell of a season just there.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
i ended up only watching the first half. lol. but from what i saw, it's still Lebron making this team go (since Wade was out with an injury). There's a noticeable difference when he's off the floor.

and i agree. Bosh will look very good this coming season. Teams are not going to focus their defense on him and he should do well against teams with average defensive big men. teams like Boston with KG and Orlando with Dwight and LA with Gasol will still give him problems though.

- LilRip
- LilRip