Author Topic: Simmons Article on B-Diddy  (Read 1342 times)

Simmons Article on B-Diddy
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:28:57 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3928400

Anyone read this? I thought it was a pretty good read, admittedly I'm both a Simmons and B Diddy fan.

I thought it painted a pretty good picture on how Davis could feel slighted; his friend that convinced him to come skipped town on him, and his coach lied to him about the style of play he was going to play.

There's always the counter argument, how can you feel bad for a guy who makes that much money. But he was going to get that money one way or another, and he was misled into a lousy situation,

Thoughts?

Re: Simmons Article on B-Diddy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:36:59 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
yeah, it was a fun read. I don't necessarily feel bad for Davis, but I understand why he's upset. He's suited for a certain style of play, was promised it, and the coach certainly hasn't delivered.

Just goes to show how poorly run an organization it is. It's generally a stupid idea to have your coach and gm be the same guy, and this particular coach is a terrible fit for a player like Davis...control freak, slow tempo, while Baron is best in the Nellie style, but ownership refuses to step in and relieve one or another of Dunleavy's duties.