Author Topic: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A Rental Would Be Idiotic  (Read 28377 times)

Re: I’m Moving On. AD Doesn’t Want BOS & Trading Tatum For A
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Anthony davis comments on boston in 2017.. HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/19/anthony-davis-boston-celtics-trade-pursuit-isaiah-thomas-new-orleans-pelicans/

"But in an interview with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Davis discussed the Celtics’ pursuit for his services last season and how his feelings about his place in New Orleans have evolved since the Isaiah Thomas trade.

“He told me that [Boston] was calling, but nothing was going to happen,” Davis said of Pelicans GM Dell Demps. “At the same time, though, you see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas. DeMarcus [Cousins] told me that the [Kings] told him that he wasn’t going to get traded, but they traded him. Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals, and they traded him.

“It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I’ve been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we’re moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, [Rajon] Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win.”

Yet he says this in the same article:

“You look at the Warriors, Cleveland, Boston,” Davis said. “They lose Gordon [Hayward], they’re still playing well. KD-Steph-Draymond-Klay. They play so well with each other. They move the basketball. They don’t care who scores. Steph and Draymond are out, and they still won. KD is out. They still win.”

“That’s the way the league is now: I don’t see anyone winning without three or four All-Stars,” Davis added.

whats your point? that he said Boston was playing well at the time? yes they were. that's a fact.. Should he have lied and said they weren't? that doesn't deter from the fact he thinks Celtics are disloyal.. and so does his dad.

My point is you said “HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!” because of the section of the article you posted.  Him stating how Thomas and Cousins were treated at that time is not him saying that he would never sign here. I say this because later in that same article, in the section I quoted he goes on to admire how the Celtics play as an organization and sounds envious of how we operate.  Therefore the article does not show that we shouldnt trade for him.  Him spending a year with these guys, developing relationships and chemistry with Boston and Kyrie can go a long way, just as it did with KG.  Sometimes you have to take a risk and if there’s anyone I trust to take that risk it’s Danny.  I trust in his preparation and decision making.  He’s not going to sabotage the team and I’m sure he’s done his homework.   There’s plenty we all don’t know. 

The comments from his dad are meaningless.  AD’s list is meaningless.  He gave a short list of teams that he would sign an extension with.  Boston was not on it.  Just because Boston was not on it, that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t eventually sign here. He wants to leave New Orleans by Thursday.  The Celtics not being on the list is a posturing strategy to try to get him out now and Boston can’t get him out now.  Once Thursday passes, Boston will eventually be added to the list.

You are totally ignoring the fact that the IT issue has been brought up twice by davis camp.. himself and his dad... He also signed with rich paul a Klutch for a reason. He doesn't want to be here. the writing is on the wall.. can he change his mind? possible, I guess.. but I wouldn't give up tatum just to find out.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Trading Tatum in a situation where AD truly doesn't want to be in Boston is a terrible idea, but I don't think you trade Tatum for AD under any circumstances.  Unless he's becoming a problem behind the scenes, he should be the one asset that's off the table.

I don't see how Ainge can get AD without giving up Tatum, unless Hayward plays out of his mind between now and the end of the season and Ainge can offer him instead of Tatum. But I know Ainge would love to have a big 3 of Irving/Tatum/Davis.
Doesn't matter. Its Tatum Demps wants as a centerpiece for Davis.

He won’t get it unless AD says he’s willing to stay here long term.

My hope is that if the deadline passes, AD reevaluates the situation and realizes if he goes to Boston, they have a much better chance than going to LA where Lebron is in his mid thirties.

Especially if the Lakers miss the playoffs(a chance). Why would AD want to go LAL if they cant even make the playoffs, what makes him think an older lebron and him could even contend.

He has Rich Paul and therefore Lebron in his ear influencing his thinking.  Boston is a more rational destination for him to contend next year and long term.

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Trading Tatum in a situation where AD truly doesn't want to be in Boston is a terrible idea, but I don't think you trade Tatum for AD under any circumstances.  Unless he's becoming a problem behind the scenes, he should be the one asset that's off the table.

I don't see how Ainge can get AD without giving up Tatum, unless Hayward plays out of his mind between now and the end of the season and Ainge can offer him instead of Tatum. But I know Ainge would love to have a big 3 of Irving/Tatum/Davis.
Doesn't matter. Its Tatum Demps wants as a centerpiece for Davis.

He won’t get it unless AD says he’s willing to stay here long term.

My hope is that if the deadline passes, AD reevaluates the situation and realizes if he goes to Boston, they have a much better chance than going to LA where Lebron is in his mid thirties.

Especially if the Lakers miss the playoffs(a chance). Why would AD want to go LAL if they cant even make the playoffs, what makes him think an older lebron and him could even contend.

He has Rich Paul and therefore Lebron in his ear influencing his thinking.  Boston is a more rational destination for him to contend next year and long term.

RE Boston being the best option.

Maybe

Philly got better on paper, if that translates to the floor they are very good.

Toronto could keep Leonard and remain very good.

Bucks very likely can get better.

Boston could empty alot of assets to trade for Davis and be left with a weak supporting cast around him and Kyrie (assume Horford continues decline and Hayward remains a shell of his former self)

Point is, I wouldnt be so quick to annoint Boston as the best chance to win for the forseeable future, the east has gotten ALOT better.

If Durant leaves for NYK, and AD went to LAL there is still a good chance they could get Thompson, now looking at how much stronger the East is, being with Lebron and Thompson in LAL has a much easier path to the finals.

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Anthony davis comments on boston in 2017.. HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/19/anthony-davis-boston-celtics-trade-pursuit-isaiah-thomas-new-orleans-pelicans/

"But in an interview with ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Davis discussed the Celtics’ pursuit for his services last season and how his feelings about his place in New Orleans have evolved since the Isaiah Thomas trade.

“He told me that [Boston] was calling, but nothing was going to happen,” Davis said of Pelicans GM Dell Demps. “At the same time, though, you see how organizations treat players. Isaiah Thomas. DeMarcus [Cousins] told me that the [Kings] told him that he wasn’t going to get traded, but they traded him. Isaiah took his team to the Eastern Conference Finals, and they traded him.

“It makes you wonder: Does this organization really have my back? I’ve been loyal to this organization. I love it here. I love this team. I think we’re moving in the right direction. DeMarcus, [Rajon] Rondo, some other players that are helping us, but people get judged on winning. And I want to win.”

“You look at the Warriors, Cleveland, Boston,” Davis said. “They lose Gordon [Hayward], they’re still playing well. KD-Steph-Draymond-Klay. They play so well with each other. They move the basketball. They don’t care who scores. Steph and Draymond are out, and they still won. KD is out. They still win.”

“That’s the way the league is now: I don’t see anyone winning without three or four All-Stars,” Davis added.

whats your point? that he said Boston was playing well at the time? yes they were. that's a fact.. Should he have lied and said they weren't? that doesn't deter from the fact he thinks Celtics are disloyal.. and so does his dad.

My point is you said “HE DOES NOT WANT TO COME HERE. PLEASE DONT TRADE TATUM FOR THIS GUY!!!!” because of the section of the article you posted.  Him stating how Thomas and Cousins were treated at that time is not him saying that he would never sign here. I say this because later in that same article, in the section I quoted he goes on to admire how the Celtics play as an organization and sounds envious of how we operate.  Therefore the article does not show that we shouldnt trade for him.  Him spending a year with these guys, developing relationships and chemistry with Boston and Kyrie can go a long way, just as it did with KG.  Sometimes you have to take a risk and if there’s anyone I trust to take that risk it’s Danny.  I trust in his preparation and decision making.  He’s not going to sabotage the team and I’m sure he’s done his homework.   There’s plenty we all don’t know. 

The comments from his dad are meaningless.  AD’s list is meaningless.  He gave a short list of teams that he would sign an extension with.  Boston was not on it.  Just because Boston was not on it, that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t eventually sign here. He wants to leave New Orleans by Thursday.  The Celtics not being on the list is a posturing strategy to try to get him out now and Boston can’t get him out now.  Once Thursday passes, Boston will eventually be added to the list.

You are totally ignoring the fact that the IT issue has been brought up twice by davis camp.. himself and his dad... He also signed with rich paul a Klutch for a reason. He doesn't want to be here. the writing is on the wall.. can he change his mind? possible, I guess.. but I wouldn't give up tatum just to find out.

It's a completely irrational line of thinking.  He doesn't want to be on the Celtics because they traded IT?  IT was the last pick of the draft and is now on his 6th team.  He was on the Lakers last year and they had no interest in keeping him.  Were the Celtics supposed to roll out the Brinks truck and tie their future to him?  This is all Rich Paul filling his head with nonsense so that he can help his buddy.  This is all about Lebron. 

If the Celtics trade for him, he will be on a contender, he will talk with Ainge, Stevens, former Celtic greats like Garnett, and be teammates with Kyrie, Horford, and young talented players.  He's going to love it here and the Celtics will be able to offer him more money than anyone else.  I wouldn't hesitate to trade for him.

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2019, 11:10:27 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

It's a completely irrational line of thinking.  He doesn't want to be on the Celtics because they traded IT?  IT was the last pick of the draft and is now on his 6th team.  He was on the Lakers last year and they had no interest in keeping him.  Were the Celtics supposed to roll out the Brinks truck and tie their future to him?  This is all Rich Paul filling his head with nonsense so that he can help his buddy.  This is all about Lebron. 

If the Celtics trade for him, he will be on a contender, he will talk with Ainge, Stevens, former Celtic greats like Garnett, and be teammates with Kyrie, Horford, and young talented players.  He's going to love it here and the Celtics will be able to offer him more money than anyone else.  I wouldn't hesitate to trade for him.

Using IT as an excuse for not wanting to come to the Celtics when IT himself would come back to the Celtics in a heartbeat. Silly. And I don't believe it.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2019, 12:32:52 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

Chris Mannix: “Boston is not saying [to New Orleans] that Jayson Tatum will be in the [Anthony Davis] deal. That’s what I’ve been told. They’re not saying he’s not, but they’re not going to directly say that they’re willing to trade Jayson Tatum, because the Celtics are trying to balance these trade talks with what they’re trying to do this year.”

9 mins ago – via The Woj Pod

He could have easily just signed with Kluth because they’re successful and reputable, and he planned on requesting a trade this year after inking with them in September.  It doesn’t necessarily mean he only wants to go with the Lakers.  While we’re believing fake lists, he also said he’d sign with Bucks, Clipper, and NY.  Boston will be added once the deadline passes. 

As far as the IT comments, I personally take almost no stock in it.  I don’t think the Celtics trading a player 2 years ago after he “took them to the playoffs” is going to dictate Anthony Davis’s future and legacy.  It’s talk. 
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:39:32 PM by C3LTSF4N »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
Brian Windhordst on espn now saying what a lot of us have said here in the last week.  This is like an election, it’s politics and Kluth is saying whatever they want to posture.  Once the deadline passes these lists and tunes will change.  He said he thinks Davis mind will change.  This is because it was never really real to begin with, he was trying trying to get out before tomorrow.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm low-key loving the divide that the Pelicans have created within the Lakers FO. Maybe this is their F U to the Lakers. Leak all the offers including literally every name on the Lakers besides McGee and 1-2 others. Then claim "it's not enough" to make the young guys feel demoralized a bit. And then when you add in Lebron's general attitude and the toxic environment he usually creates, this is what the Lakers get. Also, I think there's more pressure on Magic not just because of the trade talks, but also it's becoming obvious Lebron seems to control the organization more than him.

I find it hard to believe if they remain on the Lakers past this deadline that the team won't be affected by this. The body language shows it. And also, now we're beginning to see why everyone questioned the acquisitions of Lance, McGee, etc. this past summer. (Look at the accidental out-of-bound incident yesterday lol)

The Clippers trade might get the Lakers in the playoffs but they're getting swept.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
I’m loving it too.  Serves LA right for thinking they can march in, cause discontent and bully their way into what they want.  It shouldn’t work that way and justice is being served.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Seems to be Ainge is doing his part and bluffing just so NOP hold off on trading AD until this summer. But there's no way in hell he's actually offering an explosive package (w/Tatum) for AD if AD doesn't want to be here.

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Seems to be Ainge is doing his part and bluffing just so NOP hold off on trading AD until this summer. But there's no way in hell he's actually offering an explosive package (w/Tatum) for AD if AD doesn't want to be here.

I think the Pelicans also see the Sixers and Clippers make that trade and think that those two teams may end up also being in the AD bidding this summer. If PHI has an early playoff exit, maybe they entertain dealing Simmons? LAC now has great draft capital and could offer a nice package.

The Knicks if they land #1 could also be an intriguing possibility.

I always felt the Lakers package was a bit overrated in that, yeah that's a ton quantity-wise, but value wise not really, and then of course you have Lavar pretty much killing the chances of Lonzo playing in NOP (so in that case, it's really Kuzma, Zubac, Hart, Ingram and 2-3 picks likely in the 24-30 range). The expirings/$$$  don't really mean much to the Pelicans who are looking to build for the future. Ingram's value probably isn't high either.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think the Pelicans also see the Sixers and Clippers make that trade and think that those two teams may end up also being in the AD bidding this summer. If PHI has an early playoff exit, maybe they entertain dealing Simmons? LAC now has great draft capital and could offer a nice package.

The Knicks if they land #1 could also be an intriguing possibility.

I always felt the Lakers package was a bit overrated in that, yeah that's a ton quantity-wise, but value wise not really, and then of course you have Lavar pretty much killing the chances of Lonzo playing in NOP (so in that case, it's really Kuzma, Zubac, Hart, Ingram and 2-3 picks likely in the 24-30 range). The expirings/$$$  don't really mean much to the Pelicans who are looking to build for the future. Ingram's value probably isn't high either.

Does PHI even have many assets besides Simmons to acquire him now though? I imagine Fultz has like zero value now. Clippers and Knicks were on his list too so that's possible. I also think a potential dark horse team could be Washington if they're willing to give up their own 1st (likely Top-7) + Beal in a package.

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think you really need to accept the fact that Tatum is gone for Davis whether Davis agrees to an extension or not. Ainge will go all in for the title and spend a year convincing Davis to stay long term. Ainge has already been talking about Tatum seriously with Demps for a while. If Ainge can find a way to give away picks, Williams, Tatum and only filler after that(no Brown, Hayward, Horford or Smart) for Davis, Danny is closing that deal and Tatum is gone.

I am guessing Ainge will even be okay with just giving Davis one year deals for a couple years until he can finally max out that 5 year max deal at 10years into the league. The uncertainty would drive Boston fans crazy but I think Ainge would have no issue with it if there are 1-3 titles at the end of it all.

Either way if Davis is here, Tatum is gone. Everything being released, much from very good sources, says Tatum will be the best asset that will be offered and Tatum is the player with future All-NBA potential that Demps most desires. Ainge also has the draft assets Demps wants as well.

Can't wait for draft night. That should be when the news gets released that Boston and New Orleans have agreed to the basics of a deal that they will finalize later in the summer.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I think you really need to accept the fact that Tatum is gone for Davis whether Davis agrees to an extension or not. Ainge will go all in for the title and spend a year convincing Davis to stay long term. Ainge has already been talking about Tatum seriously with Demps for a while. If Ainge can find a way to give away picks, Williams, Tatum and only filler after that(no Brown, Hayward, Horford or Smart) for Davis, Danny is closing that deal and Tatum is gone.

I am guessing Ainge will even be okay with just giving Davis one year deals for a couple years until he can finally max out that 5 year max deal at 10years into the league. The uncertainty would drive Boston fans crazy but I think Ainge would have no issue with it if there are 1-3 titles at the end of it all.

Either way if Davis is here, Tatum is gone. Everything being released, much from very good sources, says Tatum will be the best asset that will be offered and Tatum is the player with future All-NBA potential that Demps most desires. Ainge also has the draft assets Demps wants as well.

Can't wait for draft night. That should be when the news gets released that Boston and New Orleans have agreed to the basics of a deal that they will finalize later in the summer.
I kind of like the fit of Brown  better with Davis/kyrie Although Tatum would of course be sweet too. Can't be picky when receiving A superstar in return   

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I kind of like the fit of Brown  better with Davis/kyrie Although Tatum would of course be sweet too. Can't be picky when receiving A superstar in return

yeah I agree, I like Jaylen with that group better than Tatum.  Jaylen is the better defender, more athletic and probably more accepting of a role of 4th option on offense.   I like a starting lineup of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Davis, Horford a lot.  Swap in Smart in that lineup instead of Brown and it is good too.