Author Topic: Is This the Year for Boston Sports? Red Sox Unstoppable, Pats' Trade, C’s  (Read 14304 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Bruins going to stanley cup finals

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
-Red Sox are #1 in mlb and not even close

-pats trade for josh Gordon a top WR. Team is highly ranked

-Celtics look to be a top 2 team in the nba with everyone back

-bruins I admit I don’t know where exactly they stand but they contended last season so there’s that
i called it before any of our teams won anything. Lol

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
up 2-0 going into the third period, a sweep is very possible. if so, the Bs get to rest for maybe 8 to 10 days before the finals.

a stanley cup in boston is very possible. life is good.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

-bruins I admit I don’t know where exactly they stand but they contended last season so there’s that

You missed on the important one, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Has a single city winning 3 major sport leagues championships in the same year ever happened before? It feels so weird that we are witnessing history being made, first hand.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
up 2-0 going into the third period, a sweep is very possible. if so, the Bs get to rest for maybe 8 to 10 days before the finals.

a stanley cup in boston is very possible. life is good.
It could be 11. The NHL love having game 1 of the SC Finals be on Memorial Day.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

Well you are pretty something. Except for the third one, by a long shot. But everything else...didn't realize how dominant the Red Sox were, how Brady carried an 11-5 team to Arrowhead and shocked them before taking down the Rams in the Superbowl, Bruins making it to the dance.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Has a single city winning 3 major sport leagues championships in the same year ever happened before? It feels so weird that we are witnessing history being made, first hand.

Idk but we might have another MA/CA championship again (Boston Bruins vs San Jose Sharks)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I don't think so.  Two championships and a third trip to the Finals has happened before, though, including Boston in 2007-08 (Sox won, Celts won, Patriots lost in the Super Bowl.  As a bonus, BC won a NCAA hockey title).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Yes.

1935-1936 Detroit. Lions, Red Wings + Tigers each won the championship. Though IIRC, I think back then Stanley Cup & Super Bowl were terms not used lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yes.

1935-1936 Detroit. Lions, Red Wings + Tigers each won the championship. Though IIRC, I think back then Stanley Cup & Super Bowl were terms not used lol.
And with so many less teams in each sport, the likelihood of one town winning three champions in one years was just ridiculously easier. Of course that is offset with just how few cities actually have had three teams to make it happen in the first place.

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
The C's are going to look the odd team out if the B's can take home the Stanley Cup  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Which Red Sox team are you counting the current one or the prior one.  That is what makes these things a bit more tricky.  Are we talking calendar year as in 2019 or the sports year that began in 2018 (which would mean a baseball title in 2018 and a title for the other sports in 2019).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White