Author Topic: Trade idea: Terry for Billups?  (Read 4332 times)

Re: Trade idea: Terry for Billups?
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I can see Terry going to LAC before the deadline. And I can see Billups coming back. But, i think it'd be part of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggg swap -- not straight up. Drumroll please....

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b4ygshu

Clips get a ring with that one.

Yep. Id say it will be discussed on both sides.

Celtics say no.

Trading KG and Pierce for only Bledsoe?  (the rest is either older and on the way out or overpayed for the next three seasons)

I don't agree. If the Cs decide to trade either, i find it hard to believe they're going to get a better haul than this, especially when you narrow the list to teams that KG would actually approve a trade to.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 12:34:57 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I can see Terry going to LAC before the deadline. And I can see Billups coming back. But, i think it'd be part of a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggg swap -- not straight up. Drumroll please....

Celtics say no.

Trading KG and Pierce for only Bledsoe?  (the rest is either older and on the way out or overpayed for the next three seasons)

I don't agree. If the Cs decide to trade either, i find it hard to believe they're going to get a better haul than this, especially when you narrow the list to teams that KG would actually approve a trade to.

A backup G (this is for the Celtics with Rondo and Bradley.  There are many places he would be a starter), and overpayed C and older vets.

They would be better off just letting Pierce and KG go off the books when their contracts end. 

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dont see it happening. Not sure how I would feel about it. Injuries have taken a toll on him the past few years. At least Terry is healthy. (Knock on wood)

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 12:43:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Celtics say no.

A backup G (this is for the Celtics with Rondo and Bradley.  There are many places he would be a starter), and overpayed C and older vets.

They would be better off just letting Pierce and KG go off the books when their contracts end.

You and have debated this before, so we're just going to have to disagree.

I see Bledsoe as a terrific asset, whether as a building block or a trade piece. Not trading for him because of Rondo is short sighted, IMO.

And I just don't have a problem with Jordan's deal the way you do -- i see him as problematic for the Clips, but a pretty interesting piece for a rebuilding club.

Example: I'd far prefer to pay Jordan his deal than Green his.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2013, 12:55:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Celtics say no.

You and have debated this before, so we're just going to have to disagree.

I see Bledsoe as a terrific asset, whether as a building block or a trade piece. Not trading for him because of Rondo is short sighted, IMO.

And I just don't have a problem with Jordan's deal the way you do -- i see him as problematic for the Clips, but a pretty interesting piece for a rebuilding club.

Example: I'd far prefer to pay Jordan his deal than Green his.

I would prefer Jordan to Green as well because as a C, I think he would be easier to move.  But this trade includes Pierce and KG.