Author Topic: Stop Duncan...naw  (Read 2984 times)

Stop Duncan...naw
« on: April 23, 2008, 06:52:13 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
For the Phoenix Suns to beat the San Antonio Spurs, it is not about stopping Tim Duncan, but all about stopping Manu Ginobli.

If you let the 6th man average 30 points, the series is over.

Let Duncan get his and shut down Manu, the Spurs MVP.

Re: Stop Duncan...naw
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 06:58:17 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Bell is playing terrible defense on him.

Instead of putting Diaw on Parker, I would move Bell on Parker and Diaw on Ginobili to see if something good happens because what they're currently doing is not working.

Re: Stop Duncan...naw
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Ginobili's ability to change direction between dribbles is devastating the Suns perimeter defense.  The best chance that the Suns have is giving him that jumper of his and hoping that it's not falling. He's scoring at will because he has the same benefit that Tony Parker experiences- namely that interior defenders consistently stick on Tim Duncan to prevent an alley oop or dunk.  If the Suns change that presence, I think Ginobili's points will simply be "transferred" to Duncan's statline. 

Ginobili is playing well but there is no way he is the Spurs's MVP.  Duncan is averaging more points, assists, rebounds, blocks, fg%, has less turnovers, and his defense is a million times better.  I find it hilarious the illogical extents that many will go to find someone on the Spurs more valuable than Duncan, a la Parker winning last year's finals MVP.  It's just nonsense. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07