Author Topic: Some thoughts on the draft  (Read 2439 times)

Some thoughts on the draft
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
I think it is critical we get more explosive and longer in this draft. In fact, I think trying to trade up into the high teens or early twenties would be to our benefit. Grabbing a player like Mcgee, Ajinca, Ibaka or Donte Greene would be a great move. McGee and Greene would fit well coming off the bench and would add some speed a mesh well with Rondo to create offence. If we stay at 30 (Which I think is not the right move, I think we could trade Big baby and a future pick to Cleveland for 19.) and he falls Jason Thompson would be decent. Barring that Nathan Jawai could be a fit. He has been working out well and reminds me of Big Al a bit. Finally another thought; Buy one of the early picks in the second round from Portland and select Pat Calthes from St. Joe's. The kid can play and would be a great 7th or 8th man in a rotation. He shoots lights out, passes very well and in general would help spread the floor and not make a lot of errors. The kind of player who would fill a role and not complain. He played great in all the pre draft camps and I think is a great sleeper in the early 30's.