Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49696 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #315 on: May 18, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
You guys are nuts thinking Fultz doesn't have any value (or virtually no value). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #316 on: May 18, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I think LeBron goes to Houston next season.

Philly and the Lakers have cap space and lots of good young players, but I don't think LeBron wants to babysit at this point in his career.

Houston, on the other hand, has some star veteran players, and my understanding is that LeBron is chummy with Paul, and they're likely not even going to make the Finals this season, so LeBron could easily be the guy who finally puts them over the top. Plus, I can't imagine anything else more appropriate for cementing his legacy (other than changing teams yet again :P) than going to the stronger conference and winning a title.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #317 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
You guys are nuts thinking Fultz doesn't have any value (or virtually no value).

There can be a difference between having potential to be a good player and being really difficult to trade. Teams really don't know what is going on with fultz. He definitely had some sort of mental issues going on with his shots at some point in the year. His on court basketball contributions in college consists of 25 games (and half of of them were against yale, cal st fullerton, northern arizona, western kentucky, long beach state, cal poly, western michigan, seattle, washingston state, oregon state etc). Didn't get to see him play in the conference tournament or a postseason tournament of any sort. His play in the NBA largely consisted against lottery teams in a time of unprecedented pranking. People were going nuts he had a triple double in a game the Bucks played their backups on a night Josh Hart had 30, Dillon Brooks had 36 and Alex Peters had 36. Then he can't crack the playoff rotation in a series the 76ers definitely needed someone that could create their shot off the dribble, it is really hard to figure out what the guy is, what the guy has going on between the ears etc. He is getting the highest possible rookie contract scale making 8 million dollars, 10 million and then 12 million the next 3 years. Its definitely not a slam dunk that he becomes a star and maybe he really does have some head issues. I can see many many teams deciding it is not worth the risk to trade a star like leonard for him. What is so nuts about that? Even his own team's fans acknowledge he is a complete unknown...

« Reply #318 on: May 18, 2018, 04:59:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

He has value.

But I highly doubt you can get Kawhi or another proven star if Fultz is the primary asset in the trade package. He's still a relative unknown at this point. Even Sixers fans say the same and wonder what his role will be for years to come.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #319 on: May 18, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

There can be a difference between having potential to be a good player and being really difficult to trade. Teams really don't know what is going on with fultz. He definitely had some sort of mental issues going on with his shots at some point in the year. His on court basketball contributions in college consists of 25 games (and half of of them were against yale, cal st fullerton, northern arizona, western kentucky, long beach state, cal poly, western michigan, seattle, washingston state, oregon state etc). Didn't get to see him play in the conference tournament or a postseason tournament of any sort. His play in the NBA largely consisted against lottery teams in a time of unprecedented pranking. People were going nuts he had a triple double in a game the Bucks played their backups on a night Josh Hart had 30, Dillon Brooks had 36 and Alex Peters had 36. Then he can't crack the playoff rotation in a series the 76ers definitely needed someone that could create their shot off the dribble, it is really hard to figure out what the guy is, what the guy has going on between the ears etc. He is getting the highest possible rookie contract scale making 8 million dollars, 10 million and then 12 million the next 3 years. Its definitely not a slam dunk that he becomes a star and maybe he really does have some head issues. I can see many many teams deciding it is not worth the risk to trade a star like leonard for him. What is so nuts about that? Even his own team's fans acknowledge he is a complete unknown...
Except that is wasn't was said in this thread and the trade package being discussed included a lot more than Fultz. 

« Reply #320 on: May 18, 2018, 05:01:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

He has value.

But I highly doubt you can get Kawhi or another proven star if Fultz is the primary asset in the trade package. He's still a relative unknown at this point. Even Sixers fans say the same and wonder what his role will be for years to come.
But he wasn't the primary asset in the trade package in this thread.  Saric, Covington, Fultz, and 10 is a pretty solid package overall.  Obviously teams, like Boston, could beat that offer, but that isn't some crap offer either.

« Reply #321 on: May 18, 2018, 05:05:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He has value.

But he wasn't the primary asset in the trade package in this thread.  Saric, Covington, Fultz, and 10 is a pretty solid package overall.  Obviously teams, like Boston, could beat that offer, but that isn't some crap offer either.
But it isn't a great offer either.

« Reply #322 on: May 18, 2018, 05:21:28 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

If given the option between Fultz and Shane Larkin, I'm sorry but I'm taking Larkin. At least I know Larkin can get on the court and play.

Your completely dismissing the mental factor that some athletes never overcome. Two baseball players that come to mind are Chuck Knoblauch (a second baseman who suddenly couldn't throw to first base) and Rick Ankiel (a projected elite pitcher who suddenly couldn't throw a pitch). If it could happen to them, among other athletes, then I don't see why this may not be a similar case. He needs to prove on the court that he can play. Even Philadelphia didn't trust him enough to play him in the playoffs.

« Reply #323 on: May 18, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Futlz 'can' be a great player but he is more of a bust now.
Low IQ, immature, injury prone, lack of fight, can't shoot...there is just too many red flags
Saric is just a starter/6th man with low upside,  10th pick isn't really that much value

Sac pick alone will be more valuable than that offer

« Reply #324 on: May 18, 2018, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

He has value.

You're not going to get a great offer for a disgruntled star with 1 year left on his contract who is still recovering from a major injury.  PG, Cousins and Butler trades weren't considered great offers when those trades were made either. 

« Reply #325 on: May 18, 2018, 05:48:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He has value.

You're not going to get a great offer for a disgruntled star with 1 year left on his contract who is still recovering from a major injury.  PG, Cousins and Butler trades weren't considered great offers when those trades were made either.

That is probably true of the cousins trade, but I think the butler haul was pretty good. Lavine was 22 coming off a season he averaged 19 points, Dunn was a year removed from being a highly coveted player and the 7th pick was not terrible. Saric, despite the enfatuation of a vocal few on this board, is a 24 year old role player. The 10th pick is ok if you really love someone that falls, but probably doesn't have a ton of value pre-draft. It is not a horrible package, but i just don't see what it does for the spurs. They are blowing up a perennial contender to build around a headcase that maybe can't shoot, a role player, Murray and the 10th pic? What does that get them? to be a bottom 15 team indefinitely?

« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2018, 05:49:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Ill also add the lengths that people on this board go through to dream up ways of helping philly and imagine ways they could be quite great are quite humorous. I can't imagine what this board would be like if we had lost to them. Honestly.

« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

He has value.

When did I ever say it was?

I just recently posted that those in Liberty Ballers and Sixers Reddit (just browsing as I don't have Reddit) suggest Fultz, Luwawu-Cabarrot, Bayless (salary), #10 could "easily" get it done and it's not worth adding Saric and/or Covington to the package. In that (bad) idea, Fultz IS the primary asset.

But I agree Fultz, Saric, Covington + #10 is a solid offer. I just don't think it's enough if Lakers offer Ingram + Assets, or if MIL trade Middleton + Brogdon/Maker in a package.

Boston isn't making an offer though so PHI don't have to worry about them.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #328 on: May 18, 2018, 06:15:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think his value is lower than what you think, too.

No, we will not be doomed.  I think we will beat them with Kyrie and Hayward back.   All the tanking and losing has left them with some flawed young guys who have a lot of talent but do not know how to win in the post season.  At the most LeBron would help them for a  year or two and you can see him getting tired now.   That is not going to get better as he ages.

« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2018, 06:16:09 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Ill also add the lengths that people on this board go through to dream up ways of helping philly and imagine ways they could be quite great are quite humorous. I can't imagine what this board would be like if we had lost to them. Honestly.

some posters seem to be obsessed with how Philly built their team for some reason. Either way, the celtics "process" seems to be much further along than the sixers..