Author Topic: Timberwolves looking to trade #7? (Not verified)  (Read 21726 times)

Re: Timberwolves looking to trade #7? (Not verified)
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2017, 12:59:55 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
We don't need to keep adding rookies.  We're not the sixers.

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2017, 01:07:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Question - let's say that this rumor is true.  If we could get the 7th pick from Minnesota, would that be enough on its own to get Portland's three first rounders?  I'm not trolling, btw.

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2017, 01:09:44 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Question - let's say that this rumor is true.  If we could get the 7th pick from Minnesota, would that be enough on its own to get Portland's three first rounders?  I'm not trolling, btw.
Think so but we are at the point of needing to consolidate our assets to get our shiny superstars (emphasis on plural) from the draft. Btw like Isaac and if we ever get a pick in that range I'd pick him up for depth at the 4 spot
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
What about Crowder for the 13th or 14th pick?  Assuming that the feeling is Hayward is coming.

Miami (Ellington) and Denver (Miller) have non guarenteed contracts to trade. Miami needs a SF, Denver needs a SG. Both teams need to add a veteran instead of another rookie.

IT.  Fultz
Bradley.  Smart
Hayward.  Brown
Horford
Zizic

Use the 13th or 14th pick to get a big rebounder like Jarrett Allen, Justin Patton, Bam Adebayo, or John Collins. I know we can go with two rookies at center, but we have a huge need inside and these guys could help. It would save a little money, so maybe Bradleybwould be able to stay?

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2017, 12:42:20 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
On second thought, why wouldn't Minnesota just keep the pick and sign Taj Gibson, thereby giving them the best of both worlds.  They have the cap space to do it, iirc.

« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2017, 11:44:13 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
What about Crowder for the 13th or 14th pick?  Assuming that the feeling is Hayward is coming.

Miami (Ellington) and Denver (Miller) have non guarenteed contracts to trade. Miami needs a SF, Denver needs a SG. Both teams need to add a veteran instead of another rookie.

IT.  Fultz
Bradley.  Smart
Hayward.  Brown
Horford
Zizic

Use the 13th or 14th pick to get a big rebounder like Jarrett Allen, Justin Patton, Bam Adebayo, or John Collins. I know we can go with two rookies at center, but we have a huge need inside and these guys could help. It would save a little money, so maybe Bradleybwould be able to stay?

Makes little sense to trade Crowder, who is on a great contract and plays a position we're not that deep at.  Bradley or Smart are far more expendable with their contract status and the likelihood that we're adding Fultz.  Crowder is also very underrated by this board, imo.

« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:51 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Isaac could be our answer to replacing Olynyk on the cheap. If we could get the 7th pick to get him, I'd be all in favor of moving crowder and/or Bradley.

Except that Isaac won't be as good as Olynyk for at least several years, if ever.

Prospect fever is out of control here.

« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2017, 11:53:34 AM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

IT.  Fultz
Bradley.  Smart
Hayward.  Brown
Horford
Zizic

Makes little sense to trade Crowder, who is on a great contract and plays a position we're not that deep at.  Bradley or Smart are far more expendable with their contract status and the likelihood that we're adding Fultz.  Crowder is also very underrated by this board, imo.

I also don't understand the rush to trade Crowder. If another team demands him as part of a trade to bring in a superstar, you most likely do it. But he seems like the perfect person to reprise the James Posey 2008 role as 6th/7th man. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him, but he's nowhere near untouchable in my opinion.

Now, if he refuses to take a lesser role or causes a stink about moving to the bench (which I would expect based on his history) then we're having a totally different conversation.

« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2017, 11:56:10 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

IT.  Fultz
Bradley.  Smart
Hayward.  Brown
Horford
Zizic

I also don't understand the rush to trade Crowder. If another team demands him as part of a trade to bring in a superstar, you most likely do it. But he seems like the perfect person to reprise the James Posey 2008 role as 6th/7th man. I wouldn't trade him just to trade him, but he's nowhere near untouchable in my opinion.

Now, if he refuses to take a lesser role or causes a stink about moving to the bench (which I would expect based on his history) then we're having a totally different conversation.

You do seem to understand.  ;)

« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2017, 12:07:43 PM »

Offline RIPRED

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63

IT.  Fultz
Bradley.  Smart
Hayward.  Brown
Horford
Zizic

I actually don't. Nobody currently on the roster is taking his starting position yet. No reason to trade him until you know he will be forced to the bench and have a problem with it. Hence not understanding the rush.

« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2017, 12:26:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

IT.  Fultz
Bradley.  Smart
Hayward.  Brown
Horford
Zizic

I actually don't. Nobody currently on the roster is taking his starting position yet. No reason to trade him until you know he will be forced to the bench and have a problem with it. Hence not understanding the rush.

Pretty clear to me that JB has surpassed Crowder, and should start over him. Unless we trade Bradley, in which case he may start as 2.