Author Topic: Timberwolves looking to trade #7? (Not verified)  (Read 21479 times)

Re: Timberwolves looking to trade #7? (Not verified)
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
This is actually very interesting...I'd see if we could get Gorgui Deing and #7 for Bradley and Crowder. Both seem like the ideal Thibs guys.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:58:08 PM by Smokeeye123 »

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This is actually very interesting...I'd see if we could get Gorgui Deing and #7 for Bradley and Crowder
Would be very hard to say no to this deal. Dieng started every game at PF, and is quite a solid player there. A very good free throw shooter, and quite a good floor spacer.

I thought he was a RFA though?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This is actually very interesting...I'd see if we could get Gorgui Deing and #7 for Bradley and Crowder
Would be very hard to say no to this deal. Dieng started every game at PF, and is quite a solid player there. A very good free throw shooter, and quite a good floor spacer.

Dieng got extended. He isn't going anywhere.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:10 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I'd like to see them draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their roster.
I'd like to see them us draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their our roster.

FIFY 8)

Isaac would be a perfect fit for us next to Horford.

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three
- plays off-ball on offense

That's exactly what we need at the PF position.

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 02:04:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Even AB+Crowder doesnt seem like it would get it done and you can only really do that trade if you are confident you can get Hayward even after trading away 2 starters for a draft pick which seems unlikely to me.
Well, if you're super-confident that you're getting Hayward and  that Brown is ready to start... I mean, Bradley and Crawford are nice but hardly irreplaceable.

On the other hand, what do you really do with the 7th pick? Strikes me as something you only do on draft day if you like someone who has slipped to 7th, a Jackson or a Tatum, perhaps.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 02:04:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I'd like to see them draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their roster.
I'd like to see them us draft Isaac. A defensive combo forward who can shoot would be a nice addition to their our roster.

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 02:06:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?
He is 205 lbs.. and that's after he gained 20 lbs between 2015 and 2016. There are questions about whether he's a PF to begin with.

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 02:11:23 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Crowder's a pretty interesting fit for them, he's versatile off the bench and as a small-ball PF (KAT/Crowder/Wiggins/Lavine/Rubio).

I just don't see how MIN fills a need for us. We need a big man, and theirs would be dreck, the ones who are available anyway. The caveat would be if Danny really likes someone in that range.

Also, I think the T-Wolves would be looking for something better than Crowder. This draft still has star potential in the 7-9 range.

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?
Yep he's good. He has a skinny frame and he needs to bulk up though.

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Dieng got extended. He isn't going anywhere.
Dang, he'd be a nice fit here I think. AB and Jae does seem like a lot to give up though.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

FIFY 8)

- long
- athletic
- good rebounder
- protects the rim
- defends the perimeter
- shoots the three

Is he a good rebounder?
He is 205 lbs.. and that's after he gained 20 lbs between 2015 and 2016. There are questions about whether he's a PF to begin with.
Not strong enough to defend low post scorers at the PF position, but that's pretty much irrelevant in today's game. He can defend the pick n roll/pick n pop and he is long/athletic enough to grab rebs and protect the rim. That's exactly what we want at the 4 : grab rebs, switch everything on defense and space the floor on offense.

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Honestly, beside Bradley going for that pick with maybe a pick, I don't see a good match for us with the Wolves. Minny needs an outside shooting big man and a SG. All we have to offer is Bradley, and he would be a one year rental so I am not sure Minny would do that deal. We just don't match up with them very well for that pick.

Of course, maybe Bradley agrees to an extension and then gets traded to Minny. That I guess works for a Minny/Boston trade.

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Even AB+Crowder doesnt seem like it would get it done and you can only really do that trade if you are confident you can get Hayward even after trading away 2 starters for a draft pick which seems unlikely to me.
Well, if you're super-confident that you're getting Hayward and  that Brown is ready to start... I mean, Bradley and Crawford are nice but hardly irreplaceable.

On the other hand, what do you really do with the 7th pick? Strikes me as something you only do on draft day if you like someone who has slipped to 7th, a Jackson or a Tatum, perhaps.

I'm too worried about finding players to take Crowder and AB's place. Reddick would be a nice pick up if Hayward doesn't pan out. Smart could play some SG in the beginning of the season and hopefully Brown or Fultz would be up to speed after the all star break. Resign Green, bring up Nader. We might take a step back, but it could be two steps forward in a couple seasons.

But to get a chance at a player that drops, or some one like Markkannen for back up minutes, and snag Deing at the same time who helps the rebounding and rim protection issues. You take a chance. Bigs are hard to come by and if you can get two, you do it.

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 03:07:24 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think Bradley and some second rounders or maybe even the Clips pick would actually work for number 7, but it'd have to require Bradley agreeing to extend long-term with them, which is uncertain. I actually really love that fit of Bradley in Minny. A lineup of Rubio/Dunn, AB, Wiggins, Towns, and Dieng is a really good mix of youth and veterans that has the potential to be a devastating two-way force for years to come. Then again, if they could get Isaac at number 7, that'd be a really good fit for them, too.

For us, I think that's a good deal, too. However, I'd really only do the trade if we could get Isaac at 7 if Orlando doesn't take him at 6. I think he could be our long-term fit at the stretch 4 with his skill set. I like Monk, but if we're already going to have Fultz, Smart, and Rozier on the bench with Brown starting at the 2, that's going to be too much in the backcourt.

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 03:51:16 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I think Bradley and some second rounders or maybe even the Clips pick would actually work for number 7, but it'd have to require Bradley agreeing to extend long-term with them, which is uncertain. I actually really love that fit of Bradley in Minny. A lineup of Rubio/Dunn, AB, Wiggins, Towns, and Dieng is a really good mix of youth and veterans that has the potential to be a devastating two-way force for years to come. Then again, if they could get Isaac at number 7, that'd be a really good fit for them, too.

For us, I think that's a good deal, too. However, I'd really only do the trade if we could get Isaac at 7 if Orlando doesn't take him at 6. I think he could be our long-term fit at the stretch 4 with his skill set. I like Monk, but if we're already going to have Fultz, Smart, and Rozier on the bench with Brown starting at the 2, that's going to be too much in the backcourt.

I just would draft Lauri Markkanen. Unreal shooter. Horford and he would be perfect.

Horford
 Markkanen
 Hayward
 Brown
 Thomas

That's a beautiful starting five. With Fultz, Smart, Crowder, Rozier, Zizic off the bench. Wow.