Author Topic: SHOCKING!!  (Read 2669 times)

SHOCKING!!
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »

Offline threats13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Were only 5 games off the Cavs record..we played 24 games without Kevin Garnett and we played alot of those games without BBD, Powe, Scal, TA.  FIVE GAMES OFF!!! Does anyone understand how unbelievable that is?  If we have those guys in our lineup I think it is extremely fair to say that we win 5 more games.  The loss against the Bulls where we had Pierce at the 5..thats a win and so on and so forth.  I am shocked that this Celtics team has barely dropped off with the excessive amount of injuries.

We are right where we need to be headed into the playoffs.  Injured players on their way back, bench starting to look real good, and most importantly we handled our business and locked up that 2 seed.  LETS GO CELTICS!!
The NBA..where "this whole sport is a business and the referees decide games and David Stern is a snake and is only in this for the money" happens.

Re: SHOCKING!!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Threats, the C's record with all the issues is impressive, but until we see what we have in KG there's a lot of cause for concern too.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 05:05:15 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Threats, the C's record with all the issues is impressive, but until we see what we have in KG there's a lot of cause for concern too.

concern for what? not winning the championship? well theres concern for that either way, of course much more concerning without KG...but what is this, championship or bust? im proud of this team regardless, theyve been threw alot this season and shown alot of heart. Im not going to be shocked if they dont repeat, the cavs are the better team, and ill be more concerned if KG is out there playing on a bum knee risking the longevity of his career, and I dont know about you, but KG obviously isnt fully healed and shouldnt have played when he came back, and probably still shouldnt.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:18:56 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

concern for what? not winning the championship? well theres concern for that either way, of course much more concerning without KG...but what is this, championship or bust? im proud of this team regardless, theyve been threw alot this season and shown alot of heart. Im not going to be shocked if they dont repeat, the cavs are the better team, and ill be more concerned if KG is out there playing on a bum knee risking the longesvity of his career, and I dont know about you, but KG obviously isnt fully healed and shouldnt have played when he came back, and probably still shouldnt

Absolutely, totally agree.  The OP, had said "we're right where we need to be headed into the playoffs."...That's we're I'd say there's some concern regarding KG's health.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Pierce and Walker moonlighting as bigs, Marbury guarding SFs, Mikki being the only big on the bench, starters playing heavy minutes. Interesting times but they did a great job trying to minimize the impact of the injuries. Hopefully they'll get a healthy roster for the playoffs and the development of the young ones in this period will pay off.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »

• Don Chaney

concern for what? not winning the championship? well theres concern for that either way, of course much more concerning without KG...but what is this, championship or bust? im proud of this team regardless, theyve been threw alot this season and shown alot of heart. Im not going to be shocked if they dont repeat, the cavs are the better team, and ill be more concerned if KG is out there playing on a bum knee risking the longesvity of his career, and I dont know about you, but KG obviously isnt fully healed and shouldnt have played when he came back, and probably still shouldnt

Absolutely, totally agree.  The OP, had said "we're right where we need to be headed into the playoffs."...That's we're I'd say there's some concern regarding KG's health.

Okay, yeah we're definetly not right where we need to be, we're not even playing as good as our record indicates right now and our star defender is out....but thats what makes it all the more shocking and even inspiring, this team has developed a winning mentality and guys like rondo and perk are winners and we've basically overahieved with all the adversity this season...good to see the growth in the young players and true grit and leadership from pierce and allen.
KG? I dont know, the guys never even around the team anymore, and we've still managed to reach the 61(probably 62) win plateau. not bad
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Okay, yeah we're definetly not right where we need to be, we're not even playing as good as our record indicates right now and our star defender is out....but thats what makes it all the more shocking and even inspiring, this team if full of winners now and we've basically overahieved with all the adversity this season...good to see the growth in the young players and true grit and leadership from pierce and allen.
KG? I dont know, the guys never even around the team anymore, and we've still managed to reach the 61(probably 62) win plateau. not bad

It's incredibly intriguing to think of the possibilities of what these guys could do if they are playing with all of their parts.  I think there has been an awful lot of improvement from individuals this season:  Perk, Rondo, Ray, Big Baby, Powe...Marbs seems to be ready to add something. 

I'd love to see what they could do for an entire healthy season with the current roster.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 06:29:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That awful slump after the 27-2 start (with everyone healthy, no less) killed our shot at HCA more than the injuries did.  We were playing catchup all year after that.  But yeah, this team was remarkably resilient to hardship this year; it's been the most impressive thing about a pretty impressive year. 

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
That awful slump after the 27-2 start (with everyone healthy, no less) killed our shot at HCA more than the injuries did.  We were playing catchup all year after that.  But yeah, this team was remarkably resilient to hardship this year; it's been the most impressive thing about a pretty impressive year. 

That's true.  I was in Guatemala when that was happening and I kept thinking it was a joke when my dad would tell me that we lost to the Knicks and Bobcats.  I don't think the Celtics have been 100% since.  They never really played that Celtics championship basketball with except a few instances.  However, the playoffs is the best time to peak.  With a good KG and focusing on our suffocating defense, I think we can play championship style ball once again and hang that #18.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 06:48:15 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I agree with you -- it really is pretty amazing. 

I think we must have been on the same wavelength as I posted a similar topic close to the samw time as this was posted ("How impressive is 61 wins?").  Could merge -- but I think mine's fading anyway.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 06:52:01 PM »

• Don Chaney

Agreed, that stretch was awful, especially because it came right after losing a 19 game winning streak to the lakers - on christmas. Ugh.