Author Topic: NBA Season 2016-2017  (Read 354294 times)

Re: NBA Season 2016-2017
« Reply #1140 on: January 25, 2017, 10:16:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Noel with 12 points, 12 rebs, 1 blk, and 1 stl in 24 minutes tonight.

This is what he'd give to the C's EVERY NIGHT, or at least close. I bet he would give us around 12 and 10 each night with around 2 blocks and over a steal each game.

We saw tonight how good Horford is when he has a mobile big next to him. Our defense and rebounding would be much, much better with someone like Noel. The only thing you'd be giving up is spacing that someone like JJ can provide that Noel can't.

« Reply #1141 on: January 25, 2017, 10:19:03 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!

This is what he'd give to the C's EVERY NIGHT, or at least close. I bet he would give us around 12 and 10 each night with around 2 blocks and over a steal each game.

We saw tonight how good Horford is when he has a mobile big next to him. Our defense and rebounding would be much, much better with someone like Noel. The only thing you'd be giving up is spacing that someone like JJ can provide that Noel can't.

His price will be higher though as a result.

Unless you expect to sign him this summer, in which you just have to hope Philly aren't willing to keep him (who knows, they might, they got cap space too).

What would you trade to acquire him at the deadline?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1142 on: January 25, 2017, 10:24:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Unless you expect to sign him this summer, in which you just have to hope Philly aren't willing to keep him (who knows, they might, they got cap space too).

As much as I'd hate it personally, I'd probably be willing to give up Smart to get him, which should be more than enough since I can't imagine any other team beating that offer with the context he's in.

I just think with us getting a point guard in the draft, we'll have to move on from him or AB eventually. Might as well get Noel in the process if we can.

Philly probably has to go for it, too, because they're playing their way out of the better point guards in the draft, especially with LA looking like they'll keep their pick this year now. They could get someone like Monk in the mid-lottery, who would seemingly be a good fit with Smart in the backcourt. They'd have the making of a seriously elite defensive team between Embiid and Smart, too.

« Reply #1143 on: January 25, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!

As much as I'd hate it personally, I'd probably be willing to give up Smart to get him, which should be more than enough since I can't imagine any other team beating that offer with the context he's in.

I just think with us getting a point guard in the draft, we'll have to move on from him or AB eventually. Might as well get Noel in the process if we can.

Philly probably has to go for it, too, because they're playing their way out of the better point guards in the draft, especially with LA looking like they'll keep their pick this year now. They could get someone like Monk in the mid-lottery, who would seemingly be a good fit with Smart in the backcourt. They'd have the making of a seriously elite defensive team between Embiid and Smart, too.

Stopped reading after I read "willing to give up Smart..."  :laugh:

If the C's will win anything in the future, Smart should be on the team.

I think the C's could keep IT/Smart/Bradley/FultzorBall and make it work.

I would give up Rozier + picks for future picks OR a serviceable player.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1144 on: January 25, 2017, 10:28:43 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Apparently the refs suck all over the league tonight. The refs in Memphis jsut gave Toronto a timeout when they didn't have possession of the ball lol

« Reply #1145 on: January 25, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

Stopped reading after I read "willing to give up Smart..."  :laugh:

If the C's will win anything in the future, Smart should be on the team.

I think the C's could keep IT/Smart/Bradley/FultzorBall and make it work.

I would give up Rozier + picks for future picks OR a serviceable player.

No way you can keep all four of those. One of Smart, Bradley, and IT has to go no matter what in the summer of 2018 anyways, so if we can get something out of it like a foundational piece in Noel while clearing up that jam, then we have to do it, even though Smart is my favorite player. Bradley might also be considered for that trade, too.

By the way, Noel just hit two free throws AND a midrange jumper to seal the game for Philly!

« Reply #1146 on: January 25, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
And Philly just won AGAIN without Embiid or Okafor. Noel hit the go-ahead free throws and midrange jumper to win the game for them.

16 pts, 13 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk on 5-9 shooting and 6-6 FTs. Who doesn't want this guy again??

« Reply #1147 on: January 25, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Sucks  that Atlanta won. The Bulls just sucks.

« Reply #1148 on: January 25, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I think it's 9-1 now without Okafor. When he doesn't play, they're just a regular NBA team.

« Reply #1149 on: January 25, 2017, 10:41:28 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
It's hard not to think that the playoffs could be a possibility now for the Sixers.  These last 2 wins are huge, being able to win without Embiid, and not just against anyone either.  Beating the Clippers, and then the very next night at the Bucks?  That's an impressive 2 game stretch for any team, but for Philly?  That's insane.

They certainly look like a team that's really starting to believe in themselves, which goes a long way just in confidence alone.

The key is that, well besides Embiid finally playing, this team finally isn't obscenely young.  Gerald Henderson is a very solid role player, bringing back Sergio Rodriguez from Europe as a veteran PG was a great move, Dario Saric is a rookie in the NBA but he's got plenty of experience playing overseas, Ersan Illyasova has always been a solid stretch 4 in this league that can really shoot...basically, they've added some veteran guys to that team this year that actually know how to play the game.  And it's really paying dividends.

« Reply #1150 on: January 25, 2017, 10:42:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
And Philly just won AGAIN without Embiid or Okafor. Noel hit the go-ahead free throws and midrange jumper to win the game for them.

16 pts, 13 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk on 5-9 shooting and 6-6 FTs. Who doesn't want this guy again??

Naw....we can't use anyone like that

« Reply #1151 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119

The problem is, the more he plays and the more he plays well...it will either raise the price for him in a trade, or the Sixers may just start to simply second guess trading him.  If Danny's gonna pull the trigger on him, he needs to do it real soon.

« Reply #1152 on: January 25, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

The problem is, the more he plays and the more he plays well...it will either raise the price for him in a trade, or the Sixers may just start to simply second guess trading him.  If Danny's gonna pull the trigger on him, he needs to do it real soon.

The trade value is definitely getting higher, but I just don't buy that they will keep him. He won't be happy being a backup, and that's something that is completely different than keeping a restricted free agent that just doesn't want to be there, but is actually starting. Furthermore, he's easily going to cost $20+M this summer, and I think the Colangelos know they won't be matching that and tying up half their cap on the center position.

And with as well as they are playing right now, they're playing their way right off of a shot at one of the top PGs of the draft. And with the Lakers looking like they'll keep their pick and the Kings not trading Cousins and still pushing for the playoffs, they probably won't get higher than the 7th pick or so this draft. So then Boston's offer of a point guard in Rozier or Smart will look highly appealing to them, especially since I don't see any offer from any other team being better than Smart, though I think that's a last trade option for Danny.

And by the way, I doubt the 76ers trade him until right at the deadline either. They'll try and get the best offer possible for him, which requires waiting until then, and they're going to take advantage of the elite D he brings in their playoff push along the way. So with them simply just sitting Okafor and winning, they can afford to wait until the deadline now.

« Reply #1153 on: January 25, 2017, 11:32:47 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Charlotte almost made it happen against GSW but choked at the end + Curry was amazing.

What % would ppl give to GSW making the Finals this season?

I agree they are the strong favourite, but their chances can't possibly be 100%

What is your take?

« Reply #1154 on: January 25, 2017, 11:34:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Charlotte almost made it happen against GSW but choked at the end + Curry was amazing.

What % would ppl give to GSW making the Finals this season?

I agree they are the strong favourite, but their chances can't possibly be 100%

What is your take?
80%

San Antonio, I give a 5% chance, injuries, I give a 10% chance and I give the rest of the field 5%.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.