Author Topic: Cuse vs UCONN, Big East Tournament  (Read 17710 times)

Re: Cuse vs UCONN, Big East Tournament
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:10 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
That is why the game of basketball is a blessing.  Not much in sports, if anything, can compare to something like that.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:50 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
That is why the game of basketball is a blessing.  Not much in sports, if anything, can compare to something like that.

true that
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2009, 01:44:29 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
For those who don't know, I am a huge Syracuse fan, I watched the whole game, and I think I might throw up.  I love you all.

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2009, 01:49:50 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
For those who don't know, I am a huge Syracuse fan, I watched the whole game, and I think I might throw up.  I love you all.

Same here man. I'm a student there and I was freaking out the whole game. Paul Harris is God. 22 boards.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2009, 03:17:07 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

My housemate is a Conn fan, he was depressed all night.  I tried to compare a Celtics 6OT loss and just couldn't do it.  If it were a Celts win I could imagine the great feeling.  Congrats.  Suck it up tomorrow and beat an inferior team and you guys are looking at a 4 or 5 seed.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2009, 08:21:49 AM »

Offline Ian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 61
as I diehard Syracuse fan i'm going to have to call that the greatest game in the history of the NCAA, I can't even begin to count the amount of BIG BIG shots hit by both teams.

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2009, 08:42:26 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I am not at all a 'Cuse fan, before last night i couldn't stand them.  Certain guys on that team are more concerned with showboating and looking like tough guys than just going out and winning, and it rubs me the wrong way.  I have a feeling most college fans know exactly who I am talking about.

That being said, I gotta give them all the credit for last night, that was an unbelievable performance on both sides, and Cuse deserved it the way they kept fighting to stay in when they were clearly out of gas (still can't believe they never had a lead through the first 4 or maybe 5 overtimes).  Amazing game and a great win for the Orange.  You can't help but gain a lot more respect for them after that.

But I don't think Jim Boeheim's 7-man rotation is gonna be a good idea tonight :P

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2009, 02:38:45 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

My housemate is a Conn fan, he was depressed all night.  I tried to compare a Celtics 6OT loss and just couldn't do it.  If it were a Celts win I could imagine the great feeling.  Congrats.  Suck it up tomorrow and beat an inferior team and you guys are looking at a 4 or 5 seed.

Watching it again on ESPN Classic - it's a much different experience when I know the result and am watching it sober.  I still can't believe what I saw last night. 

I agree with the folks who say Syracuse is a hard team to love - they make a lot of mental mistakes, play like punks at times and put hotdogging over substance.  The Seton Hall game on Wednesday showed off all of these.  I grew up in Northern New York where the Cuse was the only bigtime sports team within 200 miles, so I didn't really have a choice. 

But last night was the greatest game I've ever seen them play, including in any of their Final Four and championship runs.  They blew a lead, missed a buzzer-beater by .1 seconds, and never led through 5 overtimes.  Heck, they spent the last 7 minutes with a walkon 2-guard I didn't even recognize.  They could've given up at any point, but they kept scrapping and finally just outlasted a better team.  Even if they completely poop the bed against WVa, this has been one to remember, right up there with the McNamara tourney in 06.  I think we've got a 5 seed for sure now, and up to a 3 if we win the whole thing.

Oh, and Jim Boeheim is the greatest bad coach in major sports history.  Love that guy.