Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 120764 times)

Re: Thursday 3/2: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
UPDATE: Thursday 3/2

9:00 ESPN      IO/Wisc     Peter Jok (14)/Nigel Hayes (10), Ethan Hopp (22)

9:00 ESPNU    Memphis    Dedric Lawson (1)

11:00 ESPNU  Cal/Utah    Ivan Rabb (1)/ Kyle Kuzma (35)

I watched most of the Wisc./Iowa game and didn't come away impressed by any of those 3.  Jok maybe has a future as a 3 and D guy, athletic and shoots 92% on FTs,  but he sure didn't look good last night.

Re: Thursday 3/2: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2017, 11:49:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
UPDATE: Thursday 3/2

9:00 ESPN      IO/Wisc     Peter Jok (14)/Nigel Hayes (10), Ethan Hopp (22)

9:00 ESPNU    Memphis    Dedric Lawson (1)

11:00 ESPNU  Cal/Utah    Ivan Rabb (1)/ Kyle Kuzma (35)

I watched most of the Wisc./Iowa game and didn't come away impressed by any of those 3.  Jok maybe has a future as a 3 and D guy, athletic and shoots 92% on FTs,  but he sure didn't look good last night.

Happ (not Hopp) is an end-of-the-second big to me.  He's more likely to have a solid career in Europe than the US, in my opinion, but he could carve out a reserve career in the NBA.  Good passer, good post game, good footwork for positioning on rebounds.  But he's not center-sized, and he's probably not quick enough to guard the modern NBA stretch four.  He'd probably need to show his fundamentals are good enough to overcome his lack of size, and let him play as a backup 5 in the NBA.  I don't think he can manage the four.

I've never like Peter Jok's game.  Don't know why.  He's also second-round material, as is Nigel Hayes, who's surprisingly shown an inability to handle a larger load the last two seasons.  I thought he'd be a real good NBA player a couple of years ago -- now, he' just another guy to take a flyer on.

Of the three, I think Hayes is the most likely to get drafted.  I don't really think any will be in the NBA five years from now.

Re: Saturday 3/4: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
UPDATE: Saturday 3/4

12pm  CBS     KY/A&M     Fox(0), Bam (3), Monk (5)/Robt Wms (44)

1:00   ESPN    Ind            Bryant (31)

1:00 ESPNews  KSt         Iwundu (25)

2:00 ESPN2    GA           Yante Maten (1)

2:00 ESPN     FLA/Vandy   Robinson (1)/Kornet (3)

2:00 BTN       MSU/Md     Bridges (22)/Trimble (2)

2:00 CBS      ND/LOU      Beacham(3), Bonzie(35)/Mitchell (45)

2:00 PAC12   CAL           Rabb (1)

4:00 ESPN    BAY/Tex      Motley (5)/Allen (31)

4:00 ACCN   GT/Syr       Lammers (44)/Lydon (20)

4:00 ACCN   CLEM         Blossomgame (5)

4:00 PAC12  Utah          Kuzma (35)

4:00 CBS     AZ             Markkanen(10), Alkins (1), Simmons (2), Trier (35)

4:00 ESPN2  Memphis    Dedric Lawson (1)

4:30 ACCN   Wake         John Collins (20)

6:00 ESPN2  Oregon      Boucher (25), Bell (1), Brooks (24), Dorsey (5)

6:00 ESPN   Kansas/OKSt  JJackson (11), Mikhailiuk (10),Mason (0)/Evans (1)

6:30 PAC12  WASH       Fultz (20)??????????????unlikely

8:00 ESPN3  Nev          Cam Oliver (0)

8:15 ESPN   Duke/UNC  Tatum (0), Giles (1), Allen (3), Kennard (5), Bolden (20)/Justin Jackson (44), Isaiah Hicks (4)........Tobacco Road, Baby!!!!

8:30 SECN   SC            Thornwell(0), Dozier (15)

10PM CBSSN  SDSt       Pope (21)

10:30 ESPN   UCLA       Ball (2), Leaf (22)         

« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 12:18:10 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #483 on: March 04, 2017, 12:16:13 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Quite a lineup.  I've got the flu, so I might be doing some prospect watch bingeing.

« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2017, 12:22:26 PM »

Online libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
What are the numbers in parentheses?

« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2017, 12:26:04 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
What are the numbers in parentheses?

Jersey numbers.....announcers aren't always on top of things

« Reply #486 on: March 04, 2017, 09:13:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Now Grayson Allen has added elbows to the face/head to his tripping, dirty tricks.

Boy this Duke team is tough to root for. Like Kennard, but UNC is giving Duke all they can handle.

« Reply #487 on: March 04, 2017, 09:34:07 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Now Grayson Allen has added elbows to the face/head to his tripping, dirty tricks.

Boy this Duke team is tough to root for. Like Kennard, but UNC is giving Duke all they can handle.

Did you see last game when one of Allen's tripping victim's got revenge and Tripped Allen back? Classic!

« Reply #488 on: March 04, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Did you see last game when one of Allen's tripping victim's got revenge and Tripped Allen back? Classic!

TP....makes me feel better.… What goes around should come around!

Re: Sunday 3/5: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #489 on: March 05, 2017, 09:51:53 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE:   Sunday 3/5

only a few games today.

1:00 BTN     Iowa::::::::::::::::::::::::Peter Jok (14)

4:30 CBS     Purdue:::::::::::::::::::::Caleb Swanigan (50)

8:00 BTN    Michigan::::::::::::::::::::Moritz Wagner (13)

For most teams, regular season ends today (or yesterday).

This week Conference Championship Tournaments start (tomorrow, I think.)

Then a week from today:Selection Sunday.

Then this:

Round                    Site    Date(s)
Selection Sunday    N/A    March 12
First Four       Dayton    March 14-15
First/Second    Buffalo    March 16&18
First/Second    Milw    March 16&18
First/Second    Orlando    March 16&18
First/Second    S L City    March 16&18
First/Second    Grville    March 17&19
First/Second    Ind    March 17&19
First/Second    Tulsa    March 17&19
First/Second    Sac    March 17&19
Midwest Regional    K C    March 23&25
West Regional    San Jose    March 23&25
South Regional    Memphis    March 24&26
East Regional    New York    March 24&26
Final Four      Phoenix    April 1&3
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:50:36 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #490 on: March 05, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
 A few observations from watching yesterday's games:

Jarrett Allen continues to impress, to me he ought to be in the top 10 discussion.  Long, athletic, good touch around the basket and at least a mid range face up game.  He's a project for sure, but lots of upside.  Reminds me of WCS, with more offensive polish.

Motley from Baylor is solid, but doesn't have Allen's upside.  Certainly looks the part of a rotation player in the NBA, ought to be a mid to late first rounder.

Jackson looked awesome again.  The way he flies around the court (with the greatest of ease) combined with his length just really makes him stand out as an athlete, and he has excellent court vision and a sense of the game.  The shot is at least average.  To me, if you think the shot will improve, he's the number one pick.

Frank Mason really ought to be in the conversation as an early 2nd/late first pick.  What more does the guy have to do?

Tatum had an up and down game against Carolina.  Created a number of good looks for himself, but failed to convert on a number of them.  Shot well from 3.  Not nearly the fluid athlete that Jackson is, but he can elevate.

Kennard continues to impress.  He reminds me of a poor man's Harden, similar size, got that same herky jerky crafty lefty thing going on.

All of this submitted with the caveat that I'm frequently wrong.

« Reply #491 on: March 05, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Jarrett Allen continues to impress, to me he ought to be in the top 10 discussion.  Long, athletic, good touch around the basket and at least a mid range face up game.  He's a project for sure, but lots of upside.  Reminds me of WCS, with more offensive polish.

Motley from Baylor is solid, but doesn't have Allen's upside.  Certainly looks the part of a rotation player in the NBA, ought to be a mid to late first rounder.

Jackson looked awesome again.  The way he flies around the court (with the greatest of ease) combined with his length just really makes him stand out as an athlete, and he has excellent court vision and a sense of the game.  The shot is at least average.  To me, if you think the shot will improve, he's the number one pick.

Frank Mason really ought to be in the conversation as an early 2nd/late first pick.  What more does the guy have to do?

Tatum had an up and down game against Carolina.  Created a number of good looks for himself, but failed to convert on a number of them.  Shot well from 3.  Not nearly the fluid athlete that Jackson is, but he can elevate.

Kennard continues to impress.  He reminds me of a poor man's Harden, similar size, got that same herky jerky crafty lefty thing going on.

TP, dawg....good summary/analysis. Kennard has consistently been the best player on the floor for Duke all season. Mason has carried Kansas in scoring in many games too.

The ND/Lou game had good performances by Donovan Mitchell (he's going to rise) and Beacham (17/8 with 2 blks) and Bonzie Colson. Colson is a local (New Bedford) guy that I started including because of his flashes. He's undersized for a PF, BUT draws fouls, can shoot 3s and craves out space real well. He had 20/5 with 1 steal yesterday.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:51:48 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #492 on: March 05, 2017, 11:56:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Isaac box scores seem to have declined last couple of weeks. Anyone who follows him know what the story is?

« Reply #493 on: March 05, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP....makes me feel better.… What goes around should come around!

Right back at you C's fan.

« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell

TP, dawg....good summary/analysis. Kennard has consistently been the best player on the floor for Duke all season. Mason has carried Kansas in scoring in many games too.

The ND/Lou game had good performance by Donovan Mitchell (he's going to rise) and Beacham (17/8 with 2 blks) and Bonzie Colson. Colson is a local (New Bedford) guy that I started including because of his flashes. He's undersized for a PF, BUT draws fouls, can shoot 3s and craves out space real well. He had 20/5 with 1 steal yesterday.

Thanks.  Colson is an interesting one, certainly isn't going to wow you with his athleticism or size, but manages impact the game in many ways.  Diaw is a good comparison I think.  A guy who has been both really good and really bad over the years, depending on what system he's in. 

Beachem I like as a 2nd round 3 and D guy, he certainly ticks all the boxes for me.  Mitchell impresses me less, seems a little undersized for the 2, and more of a volume scorer than an efficient guy.   Looks like he doesn't have a lot of length either.