Author Topic: All in for 2016  (Read 871 times)

All in for 2016
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:09:38 AM »

Offline suitednzooted

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
      I meant to post this last week but I think we truly need to start thinking of going all in for 2016, especially while most teams have delusions of winning a championship this year. Now we still have to wait and see if we could land a top tier free agent first like L.Aldridge, K.Leonard, J.Butler,D.Jordan,G.Monroe or even K.Middleton or B.Lopez. If we cant add one of these players, our only choice is to prepare for next years draft, which should yield great talent.

Here are the facts:
      -boston has 4 picks in 1st rd 2016...only ours and brooklyns are unprotected
      -we lose MIN pick if its in top 12 and dallas is protected 1-7 until 2020
      -IT and Smart are under very team friendly contract 3 more years
      -In 2017 we have the option to swap with brooklyn and have memphis pick

Im a die hard fan of every member of our team but at some point weve gotta try to hit a homerun. I definitely dont want to be at .500 for years and years. We made the playoffs in a weak conference and that is in no way a moral victory to me. This was the year we were supposed to "tank". We could have ended up with Jahlil Okafor but thats another story.

So my supposed strategy is to do what we have to do to insure our future.We can only truly count on our pick next year and hopefully brooklyn is bad as well...We could have 2 top 10 picks and even more $ than this year! And in order for us to insure we get a top 5 pick, I feel like we should trade Jared Sullinger and Isaiah Thomas to NY,CHA, or LA for a prospect and a #1 pick next year. I like our team and believe we will make the pkayoffs again with this team but were in no way shape or form in championship contention if we dont add at least a big free agent this summer.Agree or disagree?

Possible 2016 draft picks:
Skal Labrissiere (F/C), Brandon Ingram (SF),Ben Simmons (SF/PF), Cheick Diallo (PF), Diamond Stone (C), Isaiah Briscoe (PG), Jaylen Brown (SF)

All top 10 ranked as seniors in HS this year..Labrissiere is of the antony davis mold and Ingram may be the next KD..and this doesnt even include guys from college like Seth Tuttle and Melo Trimble and others.

Re: All in for 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:19:46 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We will have like 12 picks in the first round next year and the best 2-3 players will not enter draft and we will be left with mediocre talent and get another 8 guards and 4 undersized forwards. Then we will definitely dominate in the D league for years to come.

Re: All in for 2016
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Watching SJ go at 8 and Winslow go at 10 was ultimate proof team should have tanked. All they would have needed to do is sit IT for season after his hard fall. But they blew that. Now C's have a ton of guards that can't help this team at all. If all the FA role-players are let go and AB or IT is moved then it will be hard to get 25 wins. Some people called if BS wouldn't play the tank game then DA has to give him a mismatched team. Well here we go C's fans.