Author Topic: Final predictions, official record for bragging rights  (Read 12204 times)

Re: Final predictions, official record for bragging rights
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2015, 02:46:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
Sully and #16 to Charlotte for #9 and Zeller, we take Stanley Johnson. Trade #28 for a future first or to move up to snag someone who's fallen into the early 20s. Draft Upshaw at some point in the 2nd.
well if that Charlotte trade happened I can already here the new catchphrase during the broadcasts next year when both Zellers are on the court.

Mike: Player X is dribbling in from the 3 point line.  weaves between Tyler and Cody and lays it in.
Tommy: Yup, Player X scored easily by catching a couple of "ZZ's" on defense.

think I'll be copyrighting that phrase right after the trade!! ;D
hee, hee...very cute. so a tp for you and your hamster.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Sully and #16 to Charlotte for #9 and Zeller, we take Stanley Johnson. Trade #28 for a future first or to move up to snag someone who's fallen into the early 20s. Draft Upshaw at some point in the 2nd.
well if that Charlotte trade happened I can already here the new catchphrase during the broadcasts next year when both Zellers are on the court.

Mike: Player X is dribbling in from the 3 point line.  weaves between Tyler and Cody and lays it in.

Hey, I'm not saying I like Zeller, I just think it's something that might happen.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2015, 02:51:41 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

hee, hee...very cute. so a tp for you and your hamster.
Hammy thanks you and sends one back -- he's generous to his admirers

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2015, 03:32:50 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I'm giving tommy points to actual predictions. This is weak sauce so far... none of this "I could see XX if YY stuff." As Antonin would say, that's all jiggery-pokery and applesauce. That's for other silly threads. This is the PREDICTIONS silly thread.

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2015, 03:35:05 PM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

I'm giving tommy points to actual predictions. This is weak sauce so far... none of this "I could see XX if YY stuff." As Antonin would say, that's all jiggery-pokery and applesauce. That's for other silly threads. This is the PREDICTIONS silly thread.

Actual prediction:

Celtics stay at #16 and grab a sliding WCS.

Celtics take a sliding Looney at #28. Both players will  undergo surgery and miss significant time next season but will be steals in the long-term.

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
Willie Cauley Stein will still be on the board when the Celtics pick, whenever that is, and the Celtics will take someone else. That's my bold prediction.

That's an awesome prediction. Ed Hollison is a legit, no-hedging, straight shooter. I like it. Don't be a chicken- be like Ed Hollison.

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36:56 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
Im going to throw a curveball. 

16- anderson
Trade 28 and 33 for Mickey at 23-24

45th pick - Guidatis (draft and stash)

If moving into top 10

6th or 7th pick for 16-28-33 picks - WCS

45th - connaughton

triboy, who was saved by Jordan Mickey from a house fire as a lad, has gotten his wish. The prediction, however, is a NOPE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:44:16 PM by sofutomygaha »

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2015, 03:38:18 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
Actual prediction:

Celtics stay at #16 and grab a sliding WCS.

Celtics take a sliding Looney at #28. Both players will  undergo surgery and miss significant time next season but will be steals in the long-term.

CM0 is a MAN.

Or a WOMAN.

Actually I'm realizing that CM0's gender is immaterial to this tribute. The point is that CM0 is an excellent role model for all of our children.

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2015, 03:41:41 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
I won't be sober by the end of the evening.

Donaghus is a thinker and a scientist, and I respect that. He is rolling out a testable hypothesis, but I have concerns about potential conflicts of interest that have bearing on this prediction.

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
We pick 3 players tonight. 

Celts trade one of Olynyk/Sullinger, #16, and other picks to get Hezonja at #8 or #9. 

Portis or Dekker drops into low 20s, and we trade up from #28 to pick.

We draft Upshaw at #33.

emajic1 came to this board with a plan. That plan was to make the thousandaire posters looks bad, and it's working. Welcome to CB.

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:33 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
Celts make a deal with the Heat where they surrender the 16th pick and take on some bad salary but are able to land Myles Turner.

The Bennett trade goes through. Wolves get the 28th pick.

In the second round we get lucky and come away with Pat Connaughton and Robert Upshaw.

perks-a-beast's a beast. Actually, is perksa-a-beasts-a-beast taken? Lurkers, that would be a glorious name.

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:00 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
Danny facilitates the trade the for cousins to LA... hear me out

Kings: Randle, Clarkson, KO, AB, Zeller, turner 16, 28, 27, 2016 celtics, 2016 min, 2016 mavs,

Lakers: Cousins

Celtics: #2 and #6 / landry/ stauskas

We select Okafor and Mudiay

Danny goes for the Youth movement instead of the quick rebuild while retaining the brk 2016
we take on Landry to freeup kings capspace and they go after greg monroe in FA and lakers go after love

Celtics
PG Mudiay/IT
SG Smart/ Stauskas
SF Young/ Crowder/ wallace
PF Sully/ Landry/ 33 alexander
C Okafor/ Biyombo/ 45 Upshaw

Kings

Collison/Clarkson
Mclemore/AB
Gay/ Turner
Randle/ KO
Monroe/ Zeller

Lakers

PG ??
Sg Kobe
SF ??
PF??
C Cousins

Ehh they could get anyone or they could get nobody how much do the leagues superstars want to play for a ball dominant aging sg and a talented yet short tempered ball dominant C??

But this is my prediction for bragging rights because it's an out there idea and whats the point of bragging rights if everyone had the same prediction  ;D

Yeezuschrist has thought of all the angles. If this was sharktank, you would survive and win the bachelorette.

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
sofutomygaha is certainly on a roll. perhaps he began the evening's celebration a bit early?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Celtics make no moves and realize it was a HUGE mistake to make the playoffs this year just to get smoked by the queen and admit we lost 2 years on the rebuild because of it. I just can't say enough how bad of an idea it was to make the playoffs with the stiffs we have, major set back. :'(
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:10:27 PM by dreamgreen »

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2015, 04:01:05 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
sofutomygaha is certainly on a roll. perhaps he began the evening's celebration a bit early?  ;D

I'm looking for an invitation over to Donaghus' house. You need to come, too. It's going to be epic.