Author Topic: Trade idea: Would you trade Tatum for John Collins and SGA?  (Read 6165 times)

Re: Trade idea: Would you trade Tatum for John Collins and SGA?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2021, 03:33:11 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
no
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2021, 04:25:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
only explanations for this thread is he either peed in your canteen or is pulling a Delonte West with your mom.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I saw this earlier in the morning and thought maybe I am not awake yet.

So we trade away Tatum, Walker, Smart, Theis, Teague, Edwards, Green, Waters and a 1st?  3 of our 4 best players?  So we can become OKC with Jaylen Brown and Collins?

I am fully awake now and still don't understand this trade.  My answer is no.  I would have considered trading Tatum for Anthony Davis.  But John Collins is not Anthony Davis.

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2021, 04:34:01 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
no need for trading core players. We might have a high enough draft pick that lands us SGA. Then next offseason Atlanta might S&T to us Collins for some rookie contracts and picks in the future.
Keep the course lol.

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 05:34:55 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
no need for trading core players. We might have a high enough draft pick that lands us SGA. Then next offseason Atlanta might S&T to us Collins for some rookie contracts and picks in the future.
Keep the course lol.
There is no way we will have a pick that lands SGA.  He isn't Tatum, but he is a high value asset.

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2021, 05:50:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
This has to be a joke, right?

I hope so because it made me laugh.

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2021, 06:57:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
They say the trade deadline is silly season. I disagree. In Boston, it's silly season, at least for the fans, when their team goes on a losing streak.

I can't wait for this team to play better so all these blow it up trades, trade our best player trades, trade a dollar bill and get 55 cents back trades, fire Stevens calls, and fire Ainge calls end.

The easiest and best way to turn things around is already in that Celtics locker room. Get everyone healthy. Get the rotations set. Let the chemistry be re-established. Refocus the team defensively. And I think they go on a run and get better. Much, much better.

Call me a Stevens apologist for thinking this. Call me an Ainge apologist.....a green goggled fan.....an unknowledgeable fan when it comes to trades.....Doesn't matter to me. That's the way this team gets better. Not trading 7 guys for 7 other guys and picks and taking a massive step backwards by trading a cornerstone.

#JKJT Just keep Jayson Tatum
#JKJB Just keep Jaylen Brown

It's really that simple.

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Oye.

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Wow! No!

Do people here remember how Tatum played at the beginning of last season to the middle of last season? Mediocre to barely all star.

Then from mid season to pre covid?  Barely all star to top twenty player.

Then in COVID bubble through playoffs?  Top twenty player to maybe top ten.

Do people not remember that he’s still only 22?  I don’t think it would be a shock to see him play like a top 10-15 player later this season.  Or close to a top 5 player within the next few seasons. 

You don’t trade him! 

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2021, 09:51:49 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
At first, this trade gave me a huge headache, especially with the 4 1st round picks and two swaps. Not to mention close to half of OKC's team coming east and close to half of the Celtics heading west.

The essence of the proposal is to change the core of the team from Tatum, Brown, and Walker to Brown, Collins, and SGA.

SGA is an underrated star in my opinion (20-21: 50% FG%, 40% FG3%, 22.6 PPG).  Impressive, but Tatum is just too good to make this trade even though you would be getting Walker off the books.

Including the almost untradeable Walker in the deal is what makes this trade ultimately impossible.

If you were to try to trade Walker by himself right now, maybe the only trade you might be able to make is with a bad team for their equal amount of expiring bad contracts. Because Kemba has two more years on his contract, you would have to probably include 2 1st's or more just to get the other team to consider the deal. Kemba is not an asset right now.

I'm also assuming that you ran this proposal through a trade machine.

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2021, 10:47:44 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I don’t think Atlanta would agree. Collins is too good. We may have to send Brown as well.

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2021, 10:52:24 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Keep the course lol.
There is no way we will have a pick that lands SGA.  He isn't Tatum, but he is a high value asset.

SGA is absolutely Tatum or possibly even more. He’s a huge impact player on both sides of the court, makes his team mates better, and is getting better faster than Tatum is currently. SGA is a future all star.

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2021, 10:57:35 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
Keep the course lol.

SGA is absolutely Tatum or possibly even more. He’s a huge impact player on both sides of the court, makes his team mates better, and is getting better faster than Tatum is currently. SGA is a future all star.
Tatum is already an all star and contrary to the nonsense in this post, is getting better, makes his team mates better, is a huge impact on both ends of the floor, and you know actually leads his team to wins.  The Thunder have been better this year with SGA on the bench.  To the tune of 2.4 points per 100 possessions.  They are -6.7 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor.  You know the exact opposite of Tatum.  Boston is +3.4 with him on the floor and is significantly worse with him on the bench to the tune of 8.6 points per 100 possessions.  Tatum is a future MVP (or at least has that potential).

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2021, 11:41:00 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Keep the course lol.

SGA is absolutely none of these things. He is not at all an impact player on defence - he is neutral at absolute best. His jump year 2 to 3 was smaller than Tatum's year 2 to year 3 jump, despite SGA being only a few months younger than Tatum. SGA is a worse scorer, rebounder, and shooter, and is a worse defender. He also turns it over more despite a lower usage, and was a total failure in the playoffs - a place where Tatum has only ever lifted his game.

Everything in your post is categorically false
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2021, 12:20:43 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
I think the problems that needs to be addressed are Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, and Brad Stevens.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)