Author Topic: Favorite driving tunes  (Read 24386 times)

Re: Favorite driving tunes
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 12:01:57 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
The best song to kick off a long road trip is Rusty Cage by Soundgarden.  Ideally starting right when you hit the ramp to your first open highway.

TP. Such a good song. RIP Chris Cornell.

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 12:20:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Came here to specifically mention Radar Love, thinking it might not be a song known to many in the under 30 years of age group. Then see its mentioned in the OP. TP slam.
TP to another 'old man' of the blog Nick.

I'll add a TP to the bucket.  We "more experienced", as I prefer to say, guys need to stick together.   ;)

I thought of Radar Love second after "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf which was also the sound track to the film "Easy Rider" that was like an anthem..to some of us. 

Also, as anyone who's listened to Billy Idol (Dancing with Myself, Rebel Yell, etc.) will tell you , if his music doesn't get your blood pumping (and foot to the floor), nothing will.   ;D
TP to you. Born to be Wild has to be like an all-time great driving down the road songs. Can't believe it wasn't mentioned before this.

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 01:06:53 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Can't believe nobody brought up Eurobeat-it's the best music genre for driving imo.
My 5:
Running in the 90s-Max Coveri
Gas gas gas-Manuel
Night of fire-Niko
The race is over-Dave Rodgers
Looka Bomba-Go 2
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 03:31:43 AM »

Offline jdrocko

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
My favourite game - The Cardigans
Walk - Pantera

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 03:32:28 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Gimme Shelter - Stones
Little Wing - Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Hendrix
All Along the Watchtower - Hendrix
Fortunate Son - Creedence

These always get me jacked up.

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 06:07:34 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I don't drive but i think Tiesto's Traffic fits perfectly

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2018, 07:30:47 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
The best song to kick off a long road trip is Rusty Cage by Soundgarden.  Ideally starting right when you hit the ramp to your first open highway.

TP. Such a good song. RIP Chris Cornell.
Yes!  I was on a bid Soundgarden/Cornell/Audioslave kick for a while right before he died.  Still playing pretty regularly.  Cranking Ty Cobb in the car is kinda fun.
Yup

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2018, 07:32:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Came here to specifically mention Radar Love, thinking it might not be a song known to many in the under 30 years of age group. Then see its mentioned in the OP. TP slam.

I'll add a TP to the bucket.  We "more experienced", as I prefer to say, guys need to stick together.   ;)

I thought of Radar Love second after "Born to be Wild" by Steppenwolf which was also the sound track to the film "Easy Rider" that was like an anthem..to some of us. 

Also, as anyone who's listened to Billy Idol (Dancing with Myself, Rebel Yell, etc.) will tell you , if his music doesn't get your blood pumping (and foot to the floor), nothing will.   ;D
TP to you. Born to be Wild has to be like an all-time great driving down the road songs. Can't believe it wasn't mentioned before this.
'old man' here too and I agree with all of the above.    Also, lots of surfing music (Beach Boys, Jan&Dean) like Little Deuce Coupe, 409, etc.  Always a place for a good Grateful Dead jam...for more recent (last 20 years), how about No Rain by Blind Melon.  The song has a depressing sentiment but the rhythm is perfect for driving.

Sirius XM radio has a channel called Road Trip which is dedicated to exactly this.

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2018, 07:34:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I recently started listening to some early Chicago stuff.  Some seriously great guitar.  I found a Live in Japan CD with a totally awesome version of 25 or 6 to 4.

Also really been enjoying Joe Walsh.  He has a bunch of songs that could easily go on this list.  Life's Been Good for sure...especially live cut from the Eagles double live album.
Yup

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2018, 07:44:31 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
My favorite driving song is whatever keeps my two-year-old from screaming.  Lately it’s been Puff the Magic Dragon, but only the version where they sing song with kids.  She’s very particular.

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2018, 07:48:23 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Yet another old fart speaking up....I'm a big fan of Golden Earing and "Radar Love" was first on my list, hard to believe it's from the early 70s.  For those who don't know Golden Earing, "Twilight Zone", from the early 80s is also an amazing driving song.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2018, 07:49:44 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
My favorite driving song is whatever keeps my two-year-old from screaming.  Lately it’s been Puff the Magic Dragon, but only the version where they sing song with kids.  She’s very particular.

Have you tried Bananas in Pajamas?

As for the thread, in my experience, absolutely nothing on the radio, LOL ::). Ugh.

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2018, 07:53:50 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
[/b]

Apple - tree  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2018, 07:55:26 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Apple - tree  :)

You couldn’t be more correct.  :)

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 08:47:04 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I recently started listening to some early Chicago stuff.  Some seriously great guitar.  I found a Live in Japan CD with a totally awesome version of 25 or 6 to 4.

Also really been enjoying Joe Walsh.  He has a bunch of songs that could easily go on this list.  Life's Been Good for sure...especially live cut from the Eagles double live album.
can't believe I forgot about Born to be Wild.  great driving song.  brought Born to Run to mind immediately after that as another great tune while driving.

Joe Walsh/James Gang -- Walk Away and Funk #49 are solid tunes for behind the wheel as well.

still dishing TPs to any and all new ideas.