Author Topic: Some Optimism For Terry in the Playoffs  (Read 4172 times)

Re: Some Optimism For Terry in the Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 03:45:23 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Terry plays his best when he doesn’t over dribble. Team him up with GH as much as possible. Gordon will set him up to succeed.

Issue is that when Terry doesn't over-dribble, it's because he's got tunnel vision and simply tries to create a shot for himself ASAP.

It was fun watching DJ Augustin play against the Raps today.  He's everything that Terry isn't.

Ssseeeesssh It seems you’re forgetting what he did last year.
Yeah, why would he take the more recent sample of an entire season as more relevant than 19 games last season where Terry was a starter ::)

Its not even 19 games. People keep forgetting about the away games which he thoroughly sucked except for game 6 in Cleveland which he made up for with a stinker of a game 7 at home. Its not even counting his "good" home games where he was a hero but was also the reason he had to be a hero by playing poorly in the first half of a few games.

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 07:45:56 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Terry plays a lot hero ball when he's replacing Kyrie.

Not so much when he's playing with Kyrie.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 07:49:27 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I agree with you OP. I really do think he'll come at least halfway good during the Playoffs.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 08:24:07 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I’ve spent the last week convincing myself he’ll have a great playoffs and that someone will offer him a max as result in the offseason.

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 08:35:02 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Terry played very well at home during last years playoffs until we reached the Conference Finals.  I just want him to pressure the ball, avoid turnovers (which he usually does), crash the defensive glass, and take the open shots that are available.  My prevailing thought is that the team shouldn't need him to get hot if Hayward continues to play well. 

Hopefully Brad goes to Wanamaker if Terry starts to force things.  All the team needs is a backup PG who makes the right plays.

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 10:51:12 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
What are you going to do with a streaky combo guard?

With Hayward off the bench, Celtics will reduce Rozier's decision making....hopefully. Bledsoe did turn into wet cardboard against Terry when Terry was scary.

On offense have him watch the game from the corner.

Hayward - Irving - Tatum - Horford take all the shots all the time.

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
whatever team he is on next year ...he ll score 50 on the Celtics .

If they let Booker get 70, they'll let him do it.

I still maintain that it's in Terry's best interest to find a team for a short contract who he can build trust in.

This team failed him and he needs to get out, because they already showed how much trust they had in him at the beginning of the year.

The fact Boston fans turned on him while his coach put him in that situation to fail and lose money should tell him everything he needs to know.  It's not gonna get any better for him here.

I actually want them to invest in Kyrie and watch the trainwreck this team becomes after that. Karma is due for the decisions of Danny and Brad, which only people who are not fans of them can see.

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 12:25:19 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I still maintain that it's in Terry's best interest to find a team for a short contract who he can build trust in.

This team failed him and he needs to get out, because they already showed how much trust they had in him at the beginning of the year.

The fact Boston fans turned on him while his coach put him in that situation to fail and lose money should tell him everything he needs to know.  It's not gonna get any better for him here.

I actually want them to invest in Kyrie and watch the trainwreck this team becomes after that. Karma is due for the decisions of Danny and Brad, which only people who are not fans of them can see.

are you kidding me?

the team failed Terry?

really?

this deserves a minus TP

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Delusional
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 12:52:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!

This might truly be one of the dumbest things I've read here so far this month.

The Celtics failed Terry? LOL. If Terry played his role and played smart, team basketball we'd probably finish with 50+ wins this season and have a better regular season overall. 

If you don't like Kyrie and think he's overrated, that's fine, but if you're saying we're much better off with Rozier long term on a big contract, then L.O.L.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 12:55:59 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Terry has always stepped up in the playoffs when needed. Against the Hawks in 2016, he filled in for the injured Avery Bradley with a solid 20 mpg and much better efficiency than he had during the regular season. And last year, he stepped right into Irving's shoes to help propel us to the ECF, and get within a game of an NBA Finals appearance.

I have no doubt that Terry is capable of stepping up, but my worry is that he'll try to step up in the same way he did while replacing Irving last year, when what we need is for him to replace Smart. He needs to focus on defense and spacing, and let everything else come to him

Spot on. If Terry gets that into his head and comes in the game playing tenacious defense and using his athleticism to creates problems for the other team that way, he can be a big impact player. Hit some 3's on the other end and he'll earn himself a big contract somewhere.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 01:07:20 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Just give his minutes to Wannamaker.

I don't want Rozier near the ball tbh.. He is in and expect the opponent to score 8 points in a row if Terry misses 2 straight shots.

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Terry is pure garbage.

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 02:10:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
And, like many of us expected, so far Rozier has looked just as useless despite his "increased" role
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Terry is pure garbage.
He had his moments, like Olynyk, but I really won't miss him when he plays elsewhere next season