Author Topic: GS completes sweep sets NBA record  (Read 3094 times)

Re: GS completes sweep sets NBA record
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 08:14:29 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
They're going to be a tough match-up for us in the finals, but I still think we have a decent shot.

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 08:44:39 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
They're going to be a tough match-up for us in the finals, but I still think we have a decent shot.
TP for the positivity.  we've obviously lulled Cleveland into a false sense of security after the first 2 games and having IT out the rest of the series.   8)

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 08:59:26 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I am so tired of Showtime North. This is one more reason I want them to lose. Star studded roster - a lot of bad guys on this team (KD, Green, ZaZa and to an extent Steph). I am tired of all these records they are setting but bottom line it means nothing when they LOSE to us or even the Cavs.

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
man, the Cavs failed hard to be part of that history, [dang] those celtics ;)

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 10:16:40 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
If GSW wins I hope they sweep the finals, because it would just show how poor KDs move was for the league and ultimately himself, as nobody will respect the ring he got.

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
man, the Cavs failed hard to be part of that history, [dang] those celtics ;)

Growing up during the pre-internet era of cable tv, where having more than 30 channels was a lot, and your home sick from school there just wasn't a lot on day time TV that appealed to my adolescent self.  But it seemed like the sports channels always had some historical doc on about the Lakers vs. Celtics, Bird vs Magic, '72 Olympics, '85 Bears, '86 Mets, "and there's the steal by Bird...", "Havlicek Stole the Ball!", Magic playing Center, etc., etc.  But it always seemed like it was the same few stories over and over again.

Now there's been a few times in my sports viewing life that I thought we were on the verge of one of those next great stories that those next generations are going to grow up hearing about again and again.  A 12-0 Warriors vs a 12-0 Cavs in a Finals rubber match would have definitely been one of them.

Putting my feelings for the C's aside, this was setting up to be one of the greatest sports narratives of all time.  Now instead this is up there with the greatest could-have-beens, like a 2003 Red Sox/Cubs World Series.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2017, 10:41:59 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If there are truly any basketball gods, then the Celtics will make the Finals, where Celtics "Pride" prevails over the Golden State "spoiled brats". If Cleveland does make it to the Finals, then I will be rooting for the Cavs.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 10:46:49 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Pretty easy to sweep the Spurs when you send Zaza the Dirty to take out their best player.

I've never liked that guy. Throw in Draymond, a coattail-riding Durant, and a too-big-for-his-britches Curry, and that team is chock full of guys to root against.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
If there are truly any basketball gods, then the Celtics will make the Finals, where Celtics "Pride" prevails over the Golden State "spoiled brats". If Cleveland does make it to the Finals, then I will be rooting for the Cavs.
In as much as I despise Lequeen. Me too would root for the lesser evil and that is lechoke. Dont and will never want KD to win a ring he doesn't deserve because he road the easiest path to it.
Zaza would be destroyed by TT and the way Love has been playing us if that continues then Draymond has no chance. lechoke and KD equalizes each other so Curry vs Irving will be the factoring match up.
Im so hoping for a Cs upset of the Cavs but sadly I dont think itll happen..stretchin it to game 6 would be a miracle.