Poll

There are a few really likeable guys, which one would you like back in green?

Al Jefferson
6 (46.2%)
Delonte West
3 (23.1%)
Wally Szczerbiak
0 (0%)
Ryan Gomes
3 (23.1%)
Gerald Green
1 (7.7%)
Sebastian Telfair
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Which player from 06-07 would you like to return the most?  (Read 3118 times)

Which player from 06-07 would you like to return the most?
« on: December 22, 2008, 06:34:34 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i have a feeling that its going to be almost everyone for Al, but i'm not just thinking of talentwise. you could tell that a couple of these guys were really hurt by getting traded.

Re: Which player from 06-07 would you like to return the most?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 06:39:00 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I think Big Al, Delonte West, and Ryan Gomes were the only ones that were truly hurt from the trade. The rest could care less. I picked Big Al - if we had him starting at center and Perk coming off the bench, could you imagine us ever losing a game? Delonte West 2nd - he would be a good combo guard coming off the bench for us.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
well, i think we should be realistic here and realize that big al should come off this list.  there's NO way you're getting garnett without him.

so the guy i'd like to have on this team is ryan gomes...he's a role player that would fit very nicely on this team.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
well, i think we should be realistic here and realize that big al should come off this list.  there's NO way you're getting garnett without him.

so the guy i'd like to have on this team is ryan gomes...he's a role player that would fit very nicely on this team.

oh this isn't a practical question. its more of who you miss from the team, not who would you like on this one/ what you would have to do to get them.

but i picked Delonte, and its alot to do with how much fun he was and how upset he was by us not getting the number one or two pick. but to go against myself he would fit very well with this team.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 06:58:35 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I miss Big Al.  I loved Big Al.  Hate to say it but it was he that kept me watching the games for a long time.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 06:59:59 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uT8GrhTIYs

amazing video.

actually kind of sad the way that he talks about the team.

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 07:14:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Big Al, I still keep his jersey sacred.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
I refuse to vote until the KandiMan is up there.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I refuse to vote until the KandiMan is up there.

LOL @ that quote.

I would have to say I miss Gomes the most.  Guy is a perfect off the bench type of player, was a scrapper, did the things you needed him to do.  Obviously, I would like to have kept Big Al, as well, but as someone else said, realistically, no way the Garnett trade happens without Jefferson being a part of it.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 07:41:05 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
1. Al Jefferson
2. Ryan Gomes

Don't want any of the others back.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 07:57:48 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uT8GrhTIYs

amazing video.

actually kind of sad the way that he talks about the team.
Swamp thing!!!

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 08:44:45 PM »

Offline slam

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 22
I really believe that the player that would fit best with this team is Delonte West playing backup 1/2.  I've noticed that he is more often than not the leader of the Cavs in +/- I haven't looked it up, but I would be surprised if he isn't leading the team in that category.

Ryan has been very unimpressive in Minnesota.

Al is amazing.  Still not a great defender, so he wouldn't fit that well with us.

From a personality stand point, those are the three I miss the most, but I'd take Delonte for this team.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 09:18:10 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
Al Jefferson would be the most logical choice, based on the fact that he's an all star (if he isn't selected to one this year, that's a whole lot of crap). I don't know how he'd fit on this team though. I guess as a backup big to Perkins and KG who would effectively be the 3rd (and only reserve) big. The only concern would be Al's defense.

Ryan Gomes would certainly be a better fit for this team than Big Baby, and possibly even Powe. I'd trade Scals, Baby, and either Walker or Giddens for Ryan today if I were Danny and McHale were a willing participant. Our bench right now, as it stands, sucks. We need to bolster it with offensive players. I've noticed that when the second unit is in the game, they can actually defend okay, but they can't score. Way too many turnovers, and too much isolation. The only guy who should be calling guys off is Powe. At times Tony can be a threat but he's usually out there.