Author Topic: Why is everyone so amped for the Christmas Game in LA??  (Read 10575 times)

Re: Why is everyone so amped for the Christmas Game in LA??
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 05:54:17 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I'm looking forward to it because I'll be home for the holidays and will be able to watch it with home-team coverage and not ESPN/TNT.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 05:55:52 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
it will be a very exciting game. but as the champs, i feel that this game should be played in boston. our guys deserve to be home during christmas in front of family and fans. they earned the right to play at home.

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
it will be a very exciting game. but as the champs, i feel that this game should be played in boston. our guys deserve to be home during christmas in front of family and fans. they earned the right to play at home.

Tell that to commisioner "Darth" Stern and his Purple and Gold army.  ;D

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »

Offline mattmc33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 10
  • So what if we don't win 73 - the ring's the thing
I agree with a couple of posters here - as weird as it sounds, as bad as they have been, I'm more concerned about the Warriors game than I am about the Lakers game, as far as the streak is concerned. I have no doubts at all the guys are going to whip Philly to break the franchise record and will bring it Christmas Day against LA, who will soil their underwear at having to once again face the kind of intensity, physicality and lockdown D that destroyed them in G6.

But the Warriors game will be tough - it's the very next day, they'll have had little time to prepare, Golden State will go out with a nothing to lose mentality, and they'll put some points up on the board. It may be that the Cs struggle with motivation (not that's been much of an issue this season) and just old fashioned fatigue - I mean, I think KG is part cyborg, but even his batteries have to run low at some time don't they?

This game seems like a perfect opportunity for our somewhat maligned bench to really step up and prove their naysayers wrong with a great performance. I figure they can expect some major minutes in this one.    
"There will never, ever, be...another Larry Bird" - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson, Larry Bird Retirement Ceremony, Boston Garden

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 06:16:35 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
The Lakers recent level of play has hurt my interest in the game. They're playing pretty badly right now.

It'd be nice if LA picked it up, I'd like to see how they match up against the Celtics when they're playing well.

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 06:19:53 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
I mean, I think KG is part cyborg, but even his batteries have to run low at some time don't they?

I laughed at that, but then I wondered... if a cyborg is defined as being part man and part machine, how is one part cyborg?  Is that like 50% man... and 50% manmachine?  I don't get it.

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
this is a big game for the c's. rivalry aside i think this will be the best team the celts face yet this year. cleveland was'nt getting started yet.

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I want us to pound these fools and make Sasha cry!  >:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5XroW3nGXQ
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 06:45:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i'd like to see Jack be unable to check one off his Bucket List...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2008, 06:56:57 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Well the Christmas game is hot because of TV and Christmas and its the C's and the Lakers.  This is a no-brainer.

But, if you're asking which game poses the biggest threat to The Streak - its definitely the Warrior game.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 07:08:51 PM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
I mean, I think KG is part cyborg, but even his batteries have to run low at some time don't they?

I laughed at that, but then I wondered... if a cyborg is defined as being part man and part machine, how is one part cyborg?  Is that like 50% man... and 50% manmachine?  I don't get it.

He's half man, half bearpig

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
who cares if we lose to the Warriors  as long we beat the lakers
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:47:12 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2008, 07:27:10 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
No offense but this is just a ridiculous post!!!!

We know why and I for one am amped up for the game. Why am I amped?
Cause I con not wait for the Celtics to take it to LA with Bynum just to shut everyone one up about the "LA didn't have Bynum" CRAP!!!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I can handle a loss to Philly or GS but really want to beat LA to shut up the national media and Lakers fans. Not that I want to see a loss anytime soon. I'll take another 70 in a row for a streak of 88.  ;D