Author Topic: Most Hated Opposing Player In Boston  (Read 7838 times)

Re: Most Hated Opposing Player In Boston
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Oh yeah!! I forgot to put ZAZA up there in my original nominations.  He just seems like a huge clown especially when he went face to face with KG in the playoffs. I wish KG ripped him in half and threw him back to his homeland.

Hey, I like Zaza.  He's a tough, all-around solid player who doesn't put up with antics from a superstar.  I give that some respect.

Plus, he looks like the Statue of Liberty.  how can you hate on that?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Q is up there now.

He's the first one that I thought of. I'd say give him a pass though due to his multiple family tragedies, and his frustration over not being able to guard Paul Pierce if his life depended on it.

Bibby's point really has no credence. Teams that go from bad to good tend to see a spike in attendance. How is this case different from any other team, in any other sport, ever? I don't hate Bibby, though. I used to like watching him a few years ago when he was still good.

Just personally speaking, I probably would say Artest is my least favorite player/person. I don't care for his selective craziness, his off the court issues involving his wife/dog(s?)/ rap entrepreneurship, or the fact that he pretty much chose to destroy Indy's season two years in a row. His act, like Agent Zero's, has worn thin with me over the years.

Edit: Haha Roy. Allegedly. Right?

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
i did'nt hate bibby that mmuch because whether he knows it or not he was right. there are tons of bandwagoners in boston.
I take issue with this statement. Bibby was flat out wrong. Boston has one of the greatest fan bases in the country for all of its major sports, which is proven by the attendence (never mind the environment) at all of the sporting events that take place in the city.

Want proof? During the 2006-2007 season, probably one of the most pathetic in franchise history, Celtics fans averaged over 90% attendance. Hawks fans this year have averaged 88% attendance.

I don't know if you made it to any Celtics games two years ago, but some of them had electric environments despite the state of the franchise at that time. I remember I went to a game on a Friday night sometime during the Kevinn Pickney era, when the Cs had about 7 or 8 active guys, going up against Shaq and the Heat. It may or may not have been during the losing streak, I forget. But either way, the atmosphere at that game was something you just wouldn't get in any other city. The place was packed, and abosolutely rocking, despite the ragtag group of players that were wearing green.

There's definitely bandwagoners everywhere, including Boston, but the most passionate sports fans in America are the wrong people to accuse of being bandwagon jumpers.

i think of it in the sense that we were all still fans and may have gone to games. but last year i went to about 10 celtics games, 4 red sox games, 5 bruins games. theres so many sports around here and we don't have enough money to go to them all. 06/07 i went to a couple C's games, but given the choice to maybe go to a bruins game/pats game/ celtics game you might choose one of the others. just becuase you don't go see 20 games a season doesn't mean your not a fan, you still watch the games, check the scores, CARE about the team.

Mike Bibby should shut his mouth, i feel bad about that fact that the ref gave the championship to Kobe, but thats all he's getting from me. Next time the hawks play here i still want him to get booed at every touch.

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2008, 06:03:23 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Nate Robinson and Carmelo, but they probably aren't the most hated when playing in Boston. They just seem like punks to me. However I do think Nate has settled down a bit now, playing well for the knicks.
Yep, Nate Robinson is a loathsome little critter.  I dislike him the most of all Celts opponents.

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 06:18:33 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Nate Robinson and Carmelo, but they probably aren't the most hated when playing in Boston. They just seem like punks to me. However I do think Nate has settled down a bit now, playing well for the knicks.
Yep, Nate Robinson is a loathsome little critter.  I dislike him the most of all Celts opponents.
tp for your description of Nate..i have been looking for the right name for him for awhile,"little critter" is perfect. :)

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2008, 06:30:45 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Basketball - Q-Rich
All Of Boston - Alex Rodriguez
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2008, 08:37:46 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

TP, great nickname and I hope it sticks.

If we are doing all of sports, and not just basketball, I would put Peyton Manning up there, and Alex Rodriguez.  Peyton for his nefarious Manning face, constant whining, and again the unfair comparisons between him and Tom Brady.  I have a friend who is a "die hard" Colts fan who was trying to say last season's TD record set by Tom Brady didn't count because he had such a great receiving group, but who did Peyton have?

Well, I had to point out that Tom Brady plays outdoors in winter, like a man.  Not in some climate controlled, sound monitored dome where everything favors the offense.

And Arod because he wears freaking makeup.  Unacceptable.

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2008, 08:43:35 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Nate Robinson aka "little critter" added to his resume tonight when he pushed Rondo out of bounds on the break. 
UBUNTU

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2008, 08:50:01 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
All good choices, but how can this not be Kobe in a landslide?! He is as disgraceful a person as any and has the additional strike against him of being a Laker.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
All good choices, but how can this not be Kobe in a landslide?! He is as disgraceful a person as any and has the additional strike against him of being a Laker.

Exactly.  Kobe and/or LeBron.  Who cares what the other wannabes do or say?  You've gotta hate these two the most, no question.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I gotta say my hard feelings go back to Bill Lambier for all time hated opponent.

Currently it is Q Rich with Kobe Bryant and Lebron James tied for a close second.

Lots of guys out there we dont like though. 8)

"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 09:17:07 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Isiah Thomas.  Vince Carter is a close second.

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2008, 09:38:50 PM »

Offline Hova

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Lebron, Ron Artest, Kobis

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Exactly.  Kobe and/or LeBron.  Who cares what the other wannabes do or say?  You've gotta hate these two the most, no question.

I'll agree with Lebron as well as he also is a big foe in our quest for another ring. Both of them are smug guys who you'd just like to slap around...

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2008, 10:44:07 PM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
For current times, Ihave to go with Kobe because he poses the biggest threat. That doesn't mean the Hawks are not a threat, but Bibby won't be the difference between winning and losing.