Author Topic: Pistons are worse than the Clippers  (Read 10183 times)

Re: Pistons are worse than the Clippers
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
I'm absolutely thrilled that the Pistons lost, and I hope they get trounced in four ... but I'd say it's a bit premature to be putting a toe-tag on them. This is a team that has overcome many, many such obstacles, and they know very well what the pressure of the playoffs is. Like I said, I will be psyched if they go fishing after this series, but I learned long ago not to "count these chickens before they hatch".

I'm not trying to throw water on anyone's flame here, but of all the teams in the NBA to take for granted, or close the book on too soon, Detroit is NOT one of them. Hopefully we can meet back here in a few more games, and I can (happily) admit I was wrong, but I think I'll wait a while myself, before counting these Pistons out.

Off topic, butsay the Sixers did win the series, would the Celtics play them as they have the worts record or do they play the winner of Cleveland/Washington regardless?

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 11:45:33 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'm absolutely thrilled that the Pistons lost, and I hope they get trounced in four ... but I'd say it's a bit premature to be putting a toe-tag on them. This is a team that has overcome many, many such obstacles, and they know very well what the pressure of the playoffs is. Like I said, I will be psyched if they go fishing after this series, but I learned long ago not to "count these chickens before they hatch".

I'm not trying to throw water on anyone's flame here, but of all the teams in the NBA to take for granted, or close the book on too soon, Detroit is NOT one of them. Hopefully we can meet back here in a few more games, and I can (happily) admit I was wrong, but I think I'll wait a while myself, before counting these Pistons out.

Off topic, butsay the Sixers did win the series, would the Celtics play them as they have the worts record or do they play the winner of Cleveland/Washington regardless?

Hi celts55,

The NBA does not reseed after each round; it is in effect a bracket system.  The Celtics-Hawks winner will play the Cavs-Wiz winner no matter what.

If there's one thing the NHL consistently got right over the years, it's reseeding.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 02:02:39 PM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

Hi celts55,

The NBA does not reseed after each round; it is in effect a bracket system.  The Celtics-Hawks winner will play the Cavs-Wiz winner no matter what.

If there's one thing the NHL consistently got right over the years, it's reseeding.

-sw

Thanks. That's what i thought, but wasn't sure.