Author Topic: Could a Two Way become a roster player  (Read 1683 times)

Could a Two Way become a roster player
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:40:55 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Just from watching clips there is a huge jump in Tacos conditioning, footwork, his hook shot and aggressive off the ground two hand dunks..
How the heck can a normal ex player judge Taco.
What makes Giannis judgeable is he plays basketball with that size like a guard

Where Taco is killing the G league in his minutes.
What can he become and how long will it take.?.

Zion another unique basketball player.
I guess Rudy Gorbet or Yao Ming might be someday standards, if he  had started younger.
How can you attach a skill level to such a huge player?

Re: Could a Two Way become a roster player
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 10:40:52 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1375
The biggest issue I've seen with Tacko is his lateral quickness. The team has to switch to a zone defense whenever he comes on (which is admittedly at the end of blowouts). He makes Kanter look like Giannis on the perimeter.

That's really the No1 thing he has to work on in the G-league...he's progressing in all the other categories, particularly offensively. Also his conditioning has improved but he's still got a ways to go to be NBA conditioned. I've been watching Red Claws games on NBC Sports Boston and after about 5 minutes up and down the floor he's puffing. He looks skinny but he's actually the heaviest player in the NBA at 311 pounds.

The good news for him is that he's pretty much the same size as Yao Ming, 7-6, 310 pounds. And Yao had a pretty useful career. Yao was pretty mobile and athletic for his size though.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
The biggest issue I've seen with Tacko is his lateral quickness. The team has to switch to a zone defense whenever he comes on (which is admittedly at the end of blowouts). He makes Kanter look like Giannis on the perimeter.

That's really the No1 thing he has to work on in the G-league...he's progressing in all the other categories, particularly offensively. Also his conditioning has improved but he's still got a ways to go to be NBA conditioned. I've been watching Red Claws games on NBC Sports Boston and after about 5 minutes up and down the floor he's puffing. He looks skinny but he's actually the heaviest player in the NBA at 311 pounds.

The good news for him is that he's pretty much the same size as Yao Ming, 7-6, 310 pounds. And Yao had a pretty useful career. Yao was pretty mobile and athletic for his size though.
Yao had a great career lol, he had some All-NBA/All-Star seasons. Don't see the comparison though, Tacko is much longer but can't hold Yao's jockstrap when it comes to skill and basketball IQ.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Remember how we clogged the lane against the bucks when we beat them in the 2018 playoffs? Tacko might be the only player that could hinder giannis from dominating the paint on his own. Kinda like he did against zion in March madness, hope we try at least  ;D
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Remember how we clogged the lane against the bucks when we beat them in the 2018 playoffs? Tacko might be the only player that could hinder giannis from dominating the paint on his own. Kinda like he did against zion in March madness, hope we try at least  ;D

Given how foul prone Tacko is atm and how the officials coddle Giannis, he might foul out in 2 minutes.

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 01:49:07 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

I don’t think he sees any meaningful minutes this year but if he continues to develop and can land a roster spot next season then the Tacko 2-3 zone may be a regular thing that BS unleashes in poor shooting teams. I see no issue only using Tacko in a zone. I imagine he would given the current 76ers roster trouble in that role.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 02:26:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Tacko would get eaten alive in a real game, never mind the playoffs.  I'm still rather bearish on him long term, but I'm rooting for him.

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 03:21:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
semi did a good job of doing this with antetokounmpo in games i have seen.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva