Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 960689 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #2235 on: March 08, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Just got home from seeing "13 Hours."   I thought it was excellent.  To be fair, my husband wasn't crazy about it.  He couldn't believe our government could have an Embassy with such a lack of security.  He thought it was too "Hollywood/" (I guess he doesn't follow the news.)  I highly recommend it, but don't take the children.  (Violence and language)
The government ignored hundreds of requests for additional security.
Also it's more an "office" than embassy in the government's mind. It was a soft target not believed worth attack. Which is why added security wasn't timely added.
It was in a hot zone and 500 requests were made for more security.

It was no surprise to the people there when this happened. Someone had their head up their

« Reply #2236 on: March 12, 2016, 08:59:46 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Just got back home, and I went to our garage and I stumbled upon my old Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Complete) copy laying in the boxes there, decided to watched it again.

I swear to God, I was in tears, like someone is leaving and I would never see them again, the entire household is actually laughing at me...

FFVII fans would know...
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2237 on: March 12, 2016, 09:15:08 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane last night.  I'm a huge fan of the first Cloverfield, and I knew going into it that it wasn't gonna be a direct sequel, but I was still super excited.

All in all, it was pretty awesome.  So much of the hype is around John Goodman's performance, and rightfully so, he was fantastic.  Despite it being considered a "blood relative" of Cloverfield, in no way do you HAVE to see Cloverfield in order to understand where Lane eventually ends up.  There are no true direct connections mentioned in it to the first movie, so a lot of them are made within the viewers own mind...just trying to see what fits in connection to it and how it maybe changes your original thinking of just what was going on in Cloverfield.  Heck, if the word 'Cloverfield' wasn't in the title, I'm not sure anyone would say "hm, this seems like it has a connection to that 2008 movie Cloverfield"

Overall, I highly recommend.  I personally like the ending, not everyone will.  But give it a chance if you're even considering seeing it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:20:47 PM by mahonedog88 »

« Reply #2238 on: March 12, 2016, 09:16:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I had a friend's 2 year old daughter fall asleep of my shoulder while she was watching a Barbie Nutcracker movie.  I was rendered immobile for almost 2 hours, lest I awaken the slumberer.  The CGI and plot were equally horrendous, but having a little kid sleeping on me was kind of nice! My kids are way past that stage now. 

To review my review:  2 big thumbs down on Barbie Nutcracker...Solid thumbs up on being a human cot for a resting child (I even dozed off for a bit).
Yup

« Reply #2239 on: March 12, 2016, 09:19:42 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Saw 10 Cloverfield Lane last night.  I'm a huge fan of the first Cloverfield, and I knew going into it that it wasn't gonna be a direct sequel, but I was still super excited.

All in all, it was pretty awesome.  So much of the hype is around John Goodman's performance, and rightfully so, he was fantastic.  Despite it being considered a "blood relative" of Cloverfield, in no way do you HAVE to see Cloverfield in order to understand where Lane eventually ends up.  There are no true direct connections mentioned in it to the first movie, so a lot of them are made within the viewers own mind...just trying to see what fits in connection to it and how it maybe changes your original thinking of just what was going on in Cloverfield.  Heck, if the word 'Cloverfield' wasn't in the title, I'm not sure anyone would say "hm, this seems like it has a connection to that 2008 movie Cloverfield"

Overall, I highly recommend.  I personally like the ending, not everyone will.  But give it a chance if you're even considering seeing it.

« Reply #2240 on: March 12, 2016, 09:22:08 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I just watched Trollhunter on Netflix. I highly recommend it. Pretty funny.

« Reply #2241 on: March 13, 2016, 12:36:54 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Has anyone watched The Witch yet? It's supposed to be pretty unsettling, and it has pretty awesome reviews.

« Reply #2242 on: March 13, 2016, 08:36:05 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I had a friend's 2 year old daughter fall asleep of my shoulder while she was watching a Barbie Nutcracker movie.  I was rendered immobile for almost 2 hours, lest I awaken the slumberer.  The CGI and plot were equally horrendous, but having a little kid sleeping on me was kind of nice! My kids are way past that stage now. 

To review my review:  2 big thumbs down on Barbie Nutcracker...Solid thumbs up on being a human cot for a resting child (I even dozed off for a bit).
Been a long time for me...I wonder if they have a "rent a tot" business around here...I think I would like a baby sleeping on my shoulder again.  TP.  (In the old days we have enjoyed such movies as "Popeye"...) 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2243 on: March 16, 2016, 10:49:24 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This isn't a movie I saw, but a trailer I saw a while ago, and quite possibly the most hilarious one I've seen this year.

THIS IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK! Video includes profanity. You have been warned. (also, if I'm violating any rules, please delete, and I apologize for the trouble)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fP9q_LyDc&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dc7fP9q_LyDc&has_verified=1
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2244 on: March 16, 2016, 11:10:19 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Has anyone watched The Witch yet? It's supposed to be pretty unsettling, and it has pretty awesome reviews.

Yeah, The Witch had its moments. For a 90 minute movie, it shouldn't have dragged as much as it did. It wasn't very suspenseful in between a few creepy parts and it was pretty straight forward. That said, it was well acted and great attention was paid to costumes, location, and dialogue. I don't want to say more than that because it is worth watching and horror fans can make up their own minds.

« Reply #2245 on: March 19, 2016, 09:41:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
saw Deadpool last night.  absolutely loved it.  highly, highly recommend it.  funny as hell.  not for the squeamish but absolutely well worth going to see

« Reply #2246 on: March 19, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Watched 1408 and The Mist today.

Both creepy. Both entertaining.

« Reply #2247 on: March 26, 2016, 06:13:02 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085407/

I´ve actually seen this twice before, but this third time it really hit me. Awesome movie.

Would you kill Adolf Hitler before he did anything bad?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:21:36 PM by sahara »

« Reply #2248 on: March 29, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I´ve actually seen this twice before, but this third time it really hit me. Awesome movie.

excellent book.  movie lost a bit of the mystique but a better-than-average adaption of a King novel

« Reply #2249 on: March 29, 2016, 10:34:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1550

excellent book.  movie lost a bit of the mystique but a better-than-average adaption of a King novel
never saw the movie but the television show was great.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip