Author Topic: "Celtics Core Players Are Absolutely Not Available" - Windhorst  (Read 9792 times)

Re: "Celtics Core Players Are Absolutely Not Available" - Windhorst
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2019, 06:54:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Call me crazy, but I don't think Windhorst has connections in Boston.   He is right on this one, I think but even a broken clock is right twice a day.   Why would Ainge talk to the Mouth of LeBron?

« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2019, 07:27:30 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
We are a great team for the regular season. I'm not so sure we have what it takes to beat the elite teams come playoff time.

Kemba is at his best when playing at a fast pace. That's not the way to win in the playoffs. Not to mention, he's just 6 feet tall. I bet he'll have problems finishing over taller opponents in the clutch. Last night's game @ the Clips (an elite team) was a perfect example of that. I mean, Brad Wanamaker was more efficient than Kemba in the clutch.

Our main opponents in the East are the Bucks and the Sixers. As things stand right now, we have no one to defend Giannis, BroLo, Embiid and Horford. Call me a pessimist, but it's highly unlikely that we make a deep playoff run with Theis as our starting center.

If Danny believes that we are 1 season away, I'm perfectly happy with our current roster. There's no need to break up our 5-man core. But if he believes that this team might be ready to contend, we gotta trade for a starting caliber center.

Personally speaking, I love Smart's game. He's our best defender and our best passer. That's a pretty rare combo right there! Having said that, if I could somehow flip him for a guy like Myles Turner, I'd probably pull the trigger.

Kemba - Brown - Tatum - Hayward - Turner

That would be a far more balanced team than the one that we have now.

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
We are a great team for the regular season. I'm not so sure we have what it takes to beat the elite teams come playoff time.

Kemba is at his best when playing at a fast pace. That's not the way to win in the playoffs. Not to mention, he's just 6 feet tall. I bet he'll have problems finishing over taller opponents in the clutch. Last night's game @ the Clips (an elite team) was a perfect example of that. I mean, Brad Wanamaker was more efficient than Kemba in the clutch.

Our main opponents in the East are the Bucks and the Sixers. As things stand right now, we have no one to defend Giannis, BroLo, Embiid and Horford. Call me a pessimist, but it's highly unlikely that we make a deep playoff run with Theis as our starting center.

If Danny believes that we are 1 season away, I'm perfectly happy with our current roster. There's no need to break up our 5-man core. But if he believes that this team might be ready to contend, we gotta trade for a starting caliber center.

Personally speaking, I love Smart's game. He's our best defender and our best passer. That's a pretty rare combo right there! Having said that, if I could somehow flip him for a guy like Myles Turner, I'd probably pull the trigger.

While I'd like a better center I'm not breaking up the core 5 to get one.   I want to see how a fully healthy roster takes on the cream of the crop in the NBA before hitting any panic buttons.

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2019, 09:12:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I really don't get how you can try and draw conclusions from a game against the Clippers when we were missing arguably our best all-round offensive player (this season). Seems like a knee-jerk kind of move, given that for the most part this squad has been down a starting wing.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2019, 10:13:43 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546

I really don't get how you can try and draw conclusions from a game against the Clippers when we were missing arguably our best all-round offensive player (this season). Seems like a knee-jerk kind of move, given that for the most part this squad has been down a starting wing.
He didn't.  He used the 1 game to support the conclusion he had already reached.  Not the same thing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2019, 04:05:27 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

All I said with regards to the Clips game was that imo Kemba is not a closer. Do we need Hayward back in order to conclude that Kemba is undersized and he's at his best when running at full speed? Cause that's all I said about the Clips game.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:09:07 AM by Jvalin »