Author Topic: The Big Show  (Read 5905 times)

The Big Show
« on: April 03, 2009, 11:26:40 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
I just wanted to say that Glen Ordway is really starting to annoy me. The guy is just so [dang] arrogant and thick headed that he refuses to see what other people are trying to tell him (other people who most of the time are actually a lot smarter than he is).

Just for example, I was listening yesterday when they were talking about the Michael Vick crime as opposed to the Donte Stallworth crime. In his opinion, he believed that it was ridiculous that Vick got 3 years in prison, while Stallworth will probably only get a slap on the wrist for killing an innocent human being. Now for this, I actually agreed with him. But, listeners were calling up and making very valid points that he just kept shooting down and countering with his points that had nothing to do with their arguments. They weren't condoning what Stallworth did, but he would put words into their mouths and say that they were saying it's basically ok for people to drive drunk and kill a Human while killing a dog should receive greater punishment. They were not saying that. They were saying that Stallworth did not have the intention to kill someone. What he did was an example of negligent behavior that lead to a tragic accident. Vick had the intent to kill these dogs when he knew it was wrong.

Now in the end, I do believe that Vick's punishment was too harsh and Stallworth should probably get more than a slap on the wrist. But I just can't stand the complete disregard this guy has for other peoples points and opinions.

Also, too much yelling on that show. I wish Dale and Holly were on 10-6.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

Re: The Big Show
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I just wanted to say that Glen Ordway is really starting to annoy me. The guy is just so [dang] arrogant and thick headed that he refuses to see what other people are trying to tell him (other people who most of the time are actually a lot smarter than he is).

Just for example, I was listening yesterday when they were talking about the Michael Vick crime as opposed to the Donte Stallworth crime. In his opinion, he believed that it was ridiculous that Vick got 3 years in prison, while Stallworth will probably only get a slap on the wrist for killing an innocent human being. Now for this, I actually agreed with him. But, listeners were calling up and making very valid points that he just kept shooting down and countering with his points that had nothing to do with their arguments. They weren't condoning what Stallworth did, but he would put words into their mouths and say that they were saying it's basically ok for people to drive drunk and kill a Human while killing a dog should receive greater punishment. They were not saying that. They were saying that Stallworth did not have the intention to kill someone. What he did was an example of negligent behavior that lead to a tragic accident. Vick had the intent to kill these dogs when he knew it was wrong.

Now in the end, I do believe that Vick's punishment was too harsh and Stallworth should probably get more than a slap on the wrist. But I just can't stand the complete disregard this guy has for other peoples points and opinions.

I disagree, I think he was a solid wrestler who sold moves well for his size and worked up a marketable fanbase.  Was he as big as The Rock, Undertaker, or Hogan on the downside of his career?  No.  But a solid performer who could hold the title belt as a heel without catching too much grief from the fans.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:48:23 AM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday

I disagree, I think he was a solid wrestler who sold moves well for his size and worked up a marketable fanbase.  Was he as big as The Rock, Undertaker, or Hogan on the downside of his career?  No.  But a solid performer who could hold the title belt as a heel without catching too much grief from the fans.

lol i have no idea what your talking about, but I think your on the wrong thread
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 11:55:43 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

lol i have no idea what your talking about, but I think your on the wrong thread

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 12:05:10 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
oh hahahaha.

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
That is tremendous

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 01:04:19 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Michael Vick got off way too easy.

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 01:14:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

right, because only dogs are cute enough to warrent outrage when slaughtered  ::)

I think he got right about what he deserved, i love my dog too, but its a freaking dog. i don't see anyone calling for mandatory sentances for butchers.

But i forget, our backwards morality has elevated dogs to "humanesqe" status because there cute and we don't eat them.

youll notice other countries where dogs are a food source (like china) were universaly confused as to what the big deal is.

but since snuggles the poodle is the third kid in american social life, we somehow can work up more outrage over a puppy being slaughtered than pac man jones shooting a bouncer in the spine.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

right, because only dogs are cute enough to warrent outrage when slaughtered  ::)

I think he got right about what he deserved, i love my dog too, but its a freaking dog. i don't see anyone calling for mandatory sentances for butchers.

But i forget, our backwards morality has elevated dogs to "humanesqe" status because there cute and we don't eat them.

youll notice other countries where dogs are a food source (like china) were universaly confused as to what the big deal is.

but since snuggles the poodle is the third kid in american social life, we somehow can work up more outrage over a puppy being slaughtered than pac man jones shooting a bouncer in the spine.

Allow me to be the first to call for mandatory sentences for butchers. This man deserve to die.

Ordway sucks, contemplating someone else's thought would require thinking on his own part, and that is out of the question. Every single time someone proves him wrong, which is daily, he simply reverts to one bold statement he started the show with, regardless of it's validity. It's frustrating when you argue with a dullard, he doesn't understand when he is wrong, and that saying the same thing over and over and loudly, and then hanging up on the caller, doesn't make him right.

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 02:45:18 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday

Allow me to be the first to call for mandatory sentences for butchers. This man deserve to die.

Ordway sucks, contemplating someone else's thought would require thinking on his own part, and that is out of the question. Every single time someone proves him wrong, which is daily, he simply reverts to one bold statement he started the show with, regardless of it's validity. It's frustrating when you argue with a dullard, he doesn't understand when he is wrong, and that saying the same thing over and over and loudly, and then hanging up on the caller, doesn't make him right.

couldn't agree more

-Paul Pierce-