Author Topic: If you have had a good (or bad) beer recently report the results here  (Read 275344 times)

Re: If you have had a good (or bad) beer recently report the results here
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2012, 11:30:14 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
There is no beer strong enough for this debate. I'm getting out the Jameson Whisky

In my review that got zapped, I mentioned that a pint of the Dogfish Head Theobroma is making the debate doable.

Awesome, like Theobroma, love WWStout.  And there's a Palo Santo Marron in my fridge that's starting to call my name...

The World Wide stout is like ordering Kobe Beef sliders. $10 for a 12 oz beer. You're like, the quality, it's so ambitious, but then you're like...it's only sliders.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #451 on: October 03, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #452 on: October 03, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
There is no beer strong enough for this debate. I'm getting out the Jameson Whisky

In my review that got zapped, I mentioned that a pint of the Dogfish Head Theobroma is making the debate doable.

Awesome, like Theobroma, love WWStout.  And there's a Palo Santo Marron in my fridge that's starting to call my name...

The World Wide stout is like ordering Kobe Beef sliders. $10 for a 12 oz beer. You're like, the quality, it's so ambitious, but then you're like...it's only sliders.

It's a good bit cheaper at the DFH brewpub  /namedrop

Oh yeah, got some of this waiting for me next time I get back East - the Beer That Dare Not Speak its Name but Hopefully the Image is Copacetic:

Super excited.

« Reply #453 on: October 03, 2012, 11:37:05 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
So if I get a large beer mug...and I fill the mug with the whiskey like soooo...

This is why I don't keep whiskey in the house. I think I'm all sophisticated but one turns into 3, and I'm making dillas at midnight...

I end up with a lot of 'baby, it's Tuesday.' conversations. Guess babes just don't know how to party.

« Reply #454 on: October 03, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Oh yeah, got some of this waiting for me next time I get back East - the Beer That Dare Not Speak its Name but Hopefully the Image is Copacetic:

Super excited.

I like the BB, but like a lot of dogfish beers, it's a cost to enjoyment ratio issue.

The only dogfish I drank that made me want to high five my dog in joy is Burton's baton.

« Reply #456 on: October 05, 2012, 07:16:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

These things sneak up on you. You think they're straight up beer and then when you're finished you notice the 9.4% alcohol thing.

Anyway I can't really recommend it. It's like Guinness if that had 4 times as much alcohol I guess. Just no

« Reply #457 on: October 13, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Super excited.

Hmmm...Miles Davis beer

My local shop has been doing a nice job rotating in Dogfish's selection.  I'll check in that one.

Yup

« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2012, 01:59:57 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Pilsner Urquel on a Delta flight from Prague to JFK.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #459 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
A few:

First, when I was out in California this summer, I went to Russian River Brewery Restaurant for the second time.  It is far and away the best brewery in the country.  I went to Dogfish Head's brewpub for the second time about a month later, and thought that Dogfish's brews tasted mediocre.  And that's not the case.  Dogfish is a phenomenal brewery. 

Pliny the Younger wasn't available (only in Feb.), Pliny the Elder was very good (though I'd say a tad overrated; it's brilliant, but not far and away better than other great IPAs).  Another brew I loved was a pale ale they called Happy Hops that was hoppy with a slight blueberry taste despite having no blueberries in it.  It comes from the hops. 

As for more recent experience, I had again last night, Founder's Red's Rye PA, which is an absolutely phenomenal red rye IPA.  It's wonderfully hopped (over 70 IBUs) with a spiciness from the rye. 

I also had some of Dogfish's My Antonio, which a hopped up imperial pilsner.  It's a good beer that I've had before (my wife loves it), but I'd prefer my hops to go with a more standard malt base. 

« Reply #460 on: October 13, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Sierra Nevada's Autumn Tumbler brown ale is tasty, with the expected amount Sierra Nevada liveliness to it.  Sierra Nevada has overtaken Sam Adams as my "Macro-Micro" Brew brewer of choice.
Yup

« Reply #461 on: October 13, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
A few:

First, when I was out in California this summer, I went to Russian River Brewery Restaurant for the second time.  It is far and away the best brewery in the country.  I went to Dogfish Head's brewpub for the second time about a month later, and thought that Dogfish's brews tasted mediocre.  And that's not the case.  Dogfish is a phenomenal brewery. 

Pliny the Younger wasn't available (only in Feb.), Pliny the Elder was very good (though I'd say a tad overrated; it's brilliant, but not far and away better than other great IPAs).  Another brew I loved was a pale ale they called Happy Hops that was hoppy with a slight blueberry taste despite having no blueberries in it.  It comes from the hops. 

As for more recent experience, I had again last night, Founder's Red's Rye PA, which is an absolutely phenomenal red rye IPA.  It's wonderfully hopped (over 70 IBUs) with a spiciness from the rye. 

I also had some of Dogfish's My Antonio, which a hopped up imperial pilsner.  It's a good beer that I've had before (my wife loves it), but I'd prefer my hops to go with a more standard malt base.

Jealous you got to visit the IPA holy land. Thanks you the write up!

In my own Lil neck of the woods, got my hands on Southern Tier's imperial oatmeal stout. Eager.

« Reply #462 on: October 13, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Founders breakfast stout.
Pretty much like everything this co makes, I like the stout, not my most fave of all they produce, but one of my fave stouts.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #463 on: October 13, 2012, 10:55:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Founders breakfast stout.
Pretty much like everything this co makes, I like the stout, not my most fave of all they produce, but one of my fave stouts.

Jealous. Alledgedly the best breakfast stout out there.

« Reply #464 on: October 13, 2012, 11:10:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bud Light!!!  Always good.

Sorry, beer snobs.  :P

I did try some of the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale the other day on a whim, and found it to be enjoyable.  Very surprised, as normally I hate just about any type of ale or stout (IPAs are the worst-if I wanted bitter beer, I'd just buy some Keystones and save the cash).  Just always preferred lagers and pilsners.