Author Topic: Alternative Music Blog  (Read 1191 times)

Alternative Music Blog
« on: December 05, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49
I don't know a lot of guys' music tastes, but I'm a huge indie fan. For anyone interested in indie/alternative music this is a blog I use that simply posts songs/lists of songs pretty constantly. You're bound to find some pretty good music you like or have never heard of.

http://tri3pod.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 01:51:13 AM by jojowhite10 »

Re: Alternative Music Blog
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »

Offline Quinn22

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I've been listening to Sirius XM's Alt Nation and XMU since I signed up a couple of years back. Alternative rock these days seems to be so melodic and pop - I guess it's an about face from what grunge was, but I would describe it more as power pop or maybe even new wave.

I think you only need to have listened the last 5 or 6 years to recognize the change. A lot of the music is very similar to the 80's alternative featured on First Wave. Some of those older bands like the Cure, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Echo and the Bunnymen, Oingo Boingo and X would fit right in on Alt Nation. A lot of music critics consider the 80's to be the worst of times for popular music. How would you describe today's alternative? Is it the worst of times all over again, or do you like getting back to catchy melodies and hooks?