Author Topic: Anthony Carter vs Ray Allen in a fight: Who wins  (Read 5263 times)

Anthony Carter vs Ray Allen in a fight: Who wins
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:54:08 AM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I say Carter wins because Ray doesn't seem like the type of guy who wins fights. Probably too skinny... but of course on the hardwood it's no contest x1000.

While we're at it...

who'd win in these fights:

Kobe vs Rondo

Odom vs KG

Rondo vs Rafer Alston

Jermaine o'neal vs Kendrick Perkins (remember when they were toe to toe)

Re: Anthony Carter vs Ray Allen in a fight: Who wins
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:10:42 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Doesn't matter.  Perk would rip Carter's head off before he got a chance to throw a punch.

Anyone remember the end of the Indiana series in Perk's rookie year?  I think it was Delonte who got fouled hard, and Perk was there protecting his boy, with the meanest, baddest-ass look on his face in an instant.  Not smart, he got thrown out of the game, but I've loved Perk ever since.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 10:16:23 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
While I think this topic is kind od silly, I weight in anyway. I think Ray is a whole lot tougher than people think. Because he comes accross as being a gentleman I think people sometimes confuse that with being weak. I woundn't want to get him mad.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »

• Jaylen Brown
Doesn't matter.  Perk would rip Carter's head off before he got a chance to throw a punch.

Anyone remember the end of the Indiana series in Perk's rookie year?  I think it was Delonte who got fouled hard, and Perk was there protecting his boy, with the meanest, baddest-ass look on his face in an instant.  Not smart, he got thrown out of the game, but I've loved Perk ever since.
That wasn't Perk, that was Brandon Hunter. Trust me, I remember these games really well.

Remember Perkins in 2004 when he flipped Desmond Mason to the ground? Hahaha that was nuts.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:23:40 AM »

• Jaylen Brown

Err, you might be right. I think I turned off the TV by the middle of the 4th quarter in the 2005 series against IND.

I'm thinking of when Brandon Hunter and Jermaine O'Neal kinda got into it and Carlisle blamed the Celtics for intent to injure.

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Actually, it was Perk's second season.  The game 7 we lost, 97-70.

But the Celtics had trouble keeping their composure again, drawing six technical fouls, and Perkins and Justin Reed were ejected in the final minute for a scuffle with Pacers guard Eddie Gill. In Game 3, Walker grabbed referee Tom Washington and was suspended for a game. In Game 6, Pierce was ejected when he elbowed Jamaal Tinsley.

I'll never forget the look on Perk's face...  that was someone I want on my side!

Ray's tougher than he looks, but he's much to high-class to every cheap-shot someone like Carter did (and like the Nuggets did all night; what a bunch of undisciplined wanna-be thugs).  

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:49:41 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:11:29 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Ray Allen has a quiet concentration due to an intimate knowledge with the deadly art of Jing Quan Do.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
If Carter headbutts Ray with his humongous head,its over. :)

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 12:06:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I think Ray Allen has a quiet concentration due to an intimate knowledge with the deadly art of Jing Quan Do.

OK, now I'm curious...Does Ray actually do the Do?
Yup

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I say Carter wins because Ray doesn't seem like the type of guy who wins fights. Probably too skinny... but of course on the hardwood it's no contest x1000.

While we're at it...

Kobe vs Rondo

Odom vs KG

Rondo vs Rafer Alston

Rondo beats Kobe easily..He gets in 3 shots before Kobe knew what was going on...

KG beats that punk Odom easily..

Rondo against Alston might be even money..Skip would pull some playground move

I'd take perk against just about any Big other than Shaq
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

While we're at it...

Kobe vs Rondo

Odom vs KG

Rondo vs Rafer Alston

TP, I love potential fight threads.

Anthony Carter vs. Ray Allen:

At first I would say Anthony Carter, just looks tougher, but Ray has mentioned that he has OCD and some mental quirks before which makes me think he may have that crazy power, and if he snaps he would just be wild, gotta go with Ray for that reason.

Kobe vs. Rondo:

Kobe would definitely be stronger and has the height and reach, but I just picture him not taking Rajon seriously and getting tagged. Rondo wouldn't have the strength to knock him out, so Kobe would tackle him and the fight would just be them rolling around on the ground with no real blows thrown and no real result. I picture their fight being the kind where everyone considers Rondo the winner, but only because he is smaller.

Odom vs. KG:

I picture Odom putting up a great fight and landing way more punches than KG, however, this does not change the fight result. Odom punches KG over and over in the face, but no matter how hard he hits him, KG wont stop strangling him. Odom eventually passes out, and KG stands over him, bloodied looking down at his limp unconsciousness.

Rondo vs. Rafer Alston:

Rafer is a punk, in this fight he only slaps and claws, nothing respectable, whereas Rondo stands in a boxer's stance, places his punches and slowly picks Rafer apart, until he either runs away, gives up, or has his boys hold him back.

Kendrick Perkins vs. Jermaine O'neal:

Jermaine is a punk, all show, Perkins absolutely destroys him, and it ain't even close.

So I guess I picked all Celtics, but believe me it is by coincidence, these are who I really think would win in a fight.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 01:49:41 PM »

Offline rjstaines

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 3
Perk, He's a beast.

The answer to every fight question posed is always Perk, unless the fight is Perk Vs Mike Ditka that of course would lead to Armageddon and a draw.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 02:01:20 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I was shocked honestly that Perk didn't give a hard foul to Kenyon Martin for that foul on Ray going to the hoop.  Perk, if on the court, would step in to take the blows and dish them out for anyone. 

As for this Kobe hypothetical, don't we all know that he only picks on girls in hotel rooms?   :o

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 03:00:47 PM »

Offline MilwaukeeTeen

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Do you guys remember when Ray fought Keyon Dooling like 3 years ago when Dooling played for the magic, Ray was on the ground becuase he was pushed, then he grabbed dooling's legs and they were like on the scorers table in seattle and ray was on top of him and had to be held by 3 people and Dooling was known as a boxer, Ray would have won.