Author Topic: An age old debate must be settled...  (Read 7263 times)

Re: An age old debate must be settled...
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
haha my bad for the typo funny comment though
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 09:07:07 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
are meercats smart enough to work as a cohesive unit. I still take the solar bear.

Woah, woah, woah! I didn't know it was a solar bear, those things get stronger with the suns rays, they are unstoppable. Solar bear in a landslide!

Well, then the 100 meerkats engulf the solar bear, cutting off the sunlight that feeds him.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Now for mine, this is one that has always perplexed me.

One silverback gorilla, or 10 vintage Mike Tysons in their prime. The Tysons would be attacking all at once with full aggression, zero fear, who would win?

The Tysons in their prime. 10 of them with full aggression and no fear? The evasive maneuvers would win... Tyson hits from behind and moves, then other Tyson hits from behind and moves. Repeat as necessary. Although the environment must be decided upon. Cage? Nature? Boxing ring? Are there lights? Do the Tysons have bananas? Is the gorilla fully annoyed? Hungry?

On second thought... too many questions unanswered.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

One silverback gorilla, or 10 vintage Mike Tysons in their prime. The Tysons would be attacking all at once with full aggression, zero fear, who would win?

The Tysons in their prime. 10 of them with full aggression and no fear? The evasive maneuvers would win... Tyson hits from behind and moves, then other Tyson hits from behind and moves. Repeat as necessary. Although the environment must be decided upon. Cage? Nature? Boxing ring? Are there lights? Do the Tysons have bananas? Is the gorilla fully annoyed? Hungry?

What if the Silverback knew how to box?  Tyson could never beat a guy who could box and wasn't intimidated. 

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 09:11:26 PM »

• Don Chaney

What if the Silverback knew how to box?  Tyson could never beat a guy who could box and wasn't intimidated. 

See Celtic these are the questions we need answered... Specify!

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

OK, for some reason I always pictured it in the jungle, during the day, there are trees but not too many, and the terrain is even. The scenario I pictured was the Tysons just walking around, they see the silverback, both see a potential meal and realize only the Tysons or the silverback can have it, not both. They immediately hate each other and go at it, life or death.

The silverback fights like a gorilla, defensive, aggressive, angry, but without strategy, it is a wild animal.

The Tysons do have bananas, but they are all holding them up to their ears and talking as if on a phone, this is how they communicate, however, they discard them before the encounter.

It may seem easy but don't forget, silverbacks are incredibly strong, but Tysons are incredibly insane.

10 of these:

or one of these:

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »

• Don Chaney

OK, for some reason I always pictured it in the jungle, during the day, there are trees but not too many, and the terrain is even. The scenario I pictured was the Tysons just walking around, they see the silverback, both see a potential meal and realize only the Tysons or the silverback can have it, not both. They immediately hate each other and go at it, life or death.

The silverback fights like a gorilla, defensive, aggressive, angry, but without strategy, it is a wild animal.

The Tysons do have bananas, but they are all holding them up to their ears and talking as if on a phone, this is how they communicate, however, they discard them before the encounter.

It may seem easy but don't forget, silverbacks are incredibly strong, but Tysons are incredibly insane.

10 of these:

or one of these:

The Tysons win. A gorilla with no strategy against 10 Tysons who could easily surround the gorilla and just take turns bashing it in the back of the head and with illegal kidney shots until the gorilla couldn't take it anymore and ran away from the fight. However, if the gorilla waited to capture a Tyson at a time and then went aerial to the trees and wrecked the Tysons one by one, it has a chance. However, that would be called a strategy, which was against the rules. I still say the Tysons win though. 10 is a big number for prime Tysons.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 01:09:30 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Unfortunately for the Tysons, they run into the same problem as the Meercats - they are unable to harm thier enemies. Take a look at Gorilla skeleton:

http://visual.merriam-webster.com/images/animal-kingdom/primate-mammals/gorilla/skeleton-gorilla.jpg

The huge, bony skull and jaw coupled with the thick, arched neck would protect it from any harm.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 01:42:13 PM »

Offline eat ur wheaties

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 19
how about 5 ninja-monkeys?  wielding mini-pirate swords.  nobody will hear them coming.  vs manbearpig (im super serial)

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 02:03:36 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Forget about the meercats and solar bears.

How many 5 years olds could you take in a fight?  Fifteen?  Twenty-five?  How much stamina do you have?  What if they're allowed to use weapons (maybe what, whiffle bats or something?  What do 5 year olds have access to?)

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 10:24:59 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Forget about the meercats and solar bears.

How many 5 years olds could you take in a fight?  Fifteen?  Twenty-five?  How much stamina do you have?  What if they're allowed to use weapons (maybe what, whiffle bats or something?  What do 5 year olds have access to?)

I do not know the answer to this question, but I aim to find out.  TO THE DAYCARE CENTER!

If they let me post from prison I'll tell you how it went.

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 10:55:12 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
The polar bear. How the hell could a rat bite through a polar bear's hide? It wouldn't even feel it. I've shot bears with .22's and they just pointed back at me and laughed. I once ate 18 lobster tails in a single sitting, that's more impressive.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~