Author Topic: Brown and Tatum have become untradable  (Read 12479 times)

Re: Brown and Tatum have become untradable
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 01:34:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I disagree they are untradable, because as good as they are and could become Anthony Davis is an MVP/KG caliber player.

I'm not worried about minutes for them, Morris got plenty of minutes and shots those are going to go to way down once Hayward is back on the court.
Wouldn't it be better to move kyrie for Davis? I know it takes 2 to tango but yea

I do see your point
In 2019 when Davis is going to be potentially available Kyrie will be on his new contract and older, not attractive to NOP.

Plus moving Davis means you are blowing it up, so young players are the ask.
the growth curve of Tatum and brown is just too attractive to give up. We're paying these guys peanuts to perform at arguably all star levels. Hard to give up this long term cost controlled duo. They might be the 2 best contracts in the nba. This is like when Steph curry was on that rookie deal. Or rondo on that rookie extension .
Davis will be on the block potentially in the 2019 season. That means Brown will be due a contract soon and two of Tatum's cost controlled years are gone. Steph wasn't Steph on his rookie deal, it was his bargain extension you're referring to before they fixed his ankle issues (mostly fixed)

This is Davis age 24 season, he'll be 26 when he's on the block. Getting a player who is KG/Duncan level at 26 is too attractive to fall in love with your own draft picks.

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2018, 01:36:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Its really not that hard to work in Hayward/Kyrie along with Tatum/Brown.

You just play Morris/Smart/Rozier less, which then filters down to the Larkin/Semi/Theis/Baynes types as well. Morris got 26 MPG and a lot of shots in that time for example that's going down a LOT if we're fully healthy.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2018, 01:56:07 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Agreed.  My biggest fear is that we stunt their growth thru lesser roles next season.

I have started to wonder about how things work next year as well.  The thing I come back to is that all 3 of Brown / Tatum / Rozier all need big minutes next year regardless of who else is on the team.  Obviously Rozier won't start once Kyrie returns, but Rozier shouldn't go back to small minutes either.  He has earned a big role in the rotation.  What happens to Smart will have an impact for sure.

For Brown and Tatum, they will probably still start and may only see a small drop in minutes from last year.  I like Kyrie but we have to admit that with Rozier in the lineup Brown and Tatum have had more opportunities versus if Kyrie was here.

I guess we should be glad that the C's have had such a great chance to evaluate Brown and Tatum and Rozier...we know more what we have with the young guys now and hopefully that makes good decisions regarding the roster and trades easier.
imagine if the pick conveys Tuesday night

Gotta fit in the minutes for Bagley or Doncic too lol

I'd probably prefer Bagley to give horford some rest

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2018, 01:56:50 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Its really not that hard to work in Hayward/Kyrie along with Tatum/Brown.

You just play Morris/Smart/Rozier less, which then filters down to the Larkin/Semi/Theis/Baynes types as well. Morris got 26 MPG and a lot of shots in that time for example that's going down a LOT if we're fully healthy.

Well I get the larkin / semi part (they are clearly 3rd string players on our current team), but I think we need Baynes or a player like him in the rotation.  Hayward isn't taking Baynes minutes.

Baynes isn't really a 3rd string player like the others.  Honestly I don't think Theis is either.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2018, 01:58:05 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Agreed.  My biggest fear is that we stunt their growth thru lesser roles next season.

I have started to wonder about how things work next year as well.  The thing I come back to is that all 3 of Brown / Tatum / Rozier all need big minutes next year regardless of who else is on the team.  Obviously Rozier won't start once Kyrie returns, but Rozier shouldn't go back to small minutes either.  He has earned a big role in the rotation.  What happens to Smart will have an impact for sure.

For Brown and Tatum, they will probably still start and may only see a small drop in minutes from last year.  I like Kyrie but we have to admit that with Rozier in the lineup Brown and Tatum have had more opportunities versus if Kyrie was here.

I guess we should be glad that the C's have had such a great chance to evaluate Brown and Tatum and Rozier...we know more what we have with the young guys now and hopefully that makes good decisions regarding the roster and trades easier.

Oh man if that LAL pick conveys we really have luck on our side.  In that case, all options are probably on the table, and then we really have to pick between Smart and Rozier for next year.

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2018, 02:38:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Oh man if that LAL pick conveys we really have luck on our side.  In that case, all options are probably on the table, and then we really have to pick between Smart and Rozier for next year.
we will find out in about 36 hours 

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2018, 02:54:20 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
someone just pro-owed a trade of KAWHI to BOSTON for TROZ BROWN and A. FIRST ROUNDER. LOL

I TOLD HIM I wouldn’t trade Brown straight up for Kawhi.
that's one i could see actually happening.  Brown + Rozier for Kawhi.  Though we'd need more salary for it to work. 

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2018, 03:21:58 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
someone just pro-owed a trade of KAWHI to BOSTON for TROZ BROWN and A. FIRST ROUNDER. LOL

I TOLD HIM I wouldn’t trade Brown straight up for Kawhi.
that's one i could see actually happening.  Brown + Rozier for Kawhi.  Though we'd need more salary for it to work.
don't want kawhi, his bad quad, and soon to be max contract anywhere near this team

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2018, 04:18:13 AM »

Offline IndyCelt

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
I can't see any reason to even consider any trade unless Anthony Davis is involved.  I guess I haven't been as impressed with Kwahi and if he is hurt or whatever is going on? You cant expect to blow the team up every year and it not have an effect at some point.You can push your luck too far sometimes.

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 05:30:44 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I have to admit that trades that not that long ago seemed no brainers (ideas involving Davis and Leonard for packages involving Brown and/or Tatum) are much less attractive now. As Davis will not be available until 2019, we will have even more idea on just how good Brown and Tatum can be and if Davis is a piece the team needs (he will always be desirable but not necessarily needed).

Leonard has so many questions now about his injury and commitment, I would baulk at any trade until his fitness and dedication are clear. Of the two, a fit and focussed Kawahi would be my preference by the smallest measure as I think he would be a great fit. Not really that much in it and I can see sense in keeping this squad together next season and seeing if they can achieve the ultimate goal without a trade.

What happens with Kyrie and Rozier is a whole other debate. The kind of problems it is good to have.

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Leonard has so many questions now about his injury and commitment, I would baulk at any trade until his fitness and dedication are clear. Of the two, a fit and focussed Kawahi would be my preference by the smallest measure as I think he would be a great fit. Not really that much in it and I can see sense in keeping this squad together next season and seeing if they can achieve the ultimate goal without a trade.

Well said, TP!

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:15 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
brown and tatum are untradeable
rozier if a high offer comes i think he will be traded... the brad systems favours the pg... we saw it with isaih turner and kyrie....
if someone throws a high lottery...(clippers suns magic) i think ainge will say thank you...
you cannot pay them all

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2018, 07:27:59 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

If we could get our hands on Ayton, I would be willing to consider a Kyrie trade for him (+ another asset).

For instance, let's say the Knicks move up in the lottery.

Something like #1 + Ntilikina + Kanter (salary filler) for Kyrie

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I love Brown and Tatum, but Ainge would trade either of them in a heartbeat for AD. Davis is 25 years old, and was arguably the best player in the NBA this season.

Same thing with Kawhi. If you are confident in his health,  you're getting a perennial team all NBA and 1st team all defensive player. He's the player we hope Brown/Tatum become.

I love both and there's something better about having your own homegrown players. But Ainge would rightfully have to trade either if he could get a player of AD's caliber.

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2018, 07:39:18 AM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Nobody on the Celtics is off limits. You guys should know that.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out