Author Topic: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today  (Read 25627 times)

Re: Rozier On Get Up! & First Take Today
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:44 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rozier reminds me so much of Big Baby during his final years with the Celtics. So egotistical, thinking teams should pay him more than they should.

Very good comp.  Right down to how his ego became inflated because of a flukey playoff run in which he was filling in for an injured star.
pho, I don’t know about you, but the more I hear from guys like terry, the more I respect Kyrie Irving for carrying this talentless group of talentless hot head malcontents to 49 wins.  Pretty impressive given they are likely a talentless 20-40 win team without him and their incessant whining likely brought cancer to the talentless lockeroom. Kudos to kyrie for putting up with this childish talentless nonsense.
You had me rolling at "talentless 20-40 win team" LB
real talk though... I don’t believe a Celtic fan can blame kyrie for this season and also hate terry Rozier.  Those two concepts contradict each other.  Either you accept that this squad didn’t have the talent to compete - or you believe Terry Rozier’s borderline allstar play from two seasons ago was sustainable.
I think that's entirely dependent on the extent to which you blame Kyrie.

Do I blame him for some weird media comments that he probably should have known better than to make, given his situation? To a certain extent.
Do I blame him for not showing up at the most important time of the season, and then not showing an entirely desirable attitude afterwards? I do indeed.

However, I don't hold him solely responsible for the mess that was this season. That would be ridiculous. He is one of the many factors, but not the sole one and perhaps not even the most important one.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2019, 12:49:49 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Rozier reminds me so much of Big Baby during his final years with the Celtics. So egotistical, thinking teams should pay him more than they should.

Very good comp.  Right down to how his ego became inflated because of a flukey playoff run in which he was filling in for an injured star.
pho, I don’t know about you, but the more I hear from guys like terry, the more I respect Kyrie Irving for carrying this talentless group of talentless hot head malcontents to 49 wins.  Pretty impressive given they are likely a talentless 20-40 win team without him and their incessant whining likely brought cancer to the talentless lockeroom. Kudos to kyrie for putting up with this childish talentless nonsense.

Wow, that is one incredible assessment of our young core - hoping you are being facetious.

If this group returns intact next season - minus Irving and maybe Rozier - I believe you will see one happy team in training camp - one happy and talented team that will hit the ground running and playing together as a unit. Kyrie was the cancer in the locker room.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2019, 01:01:30 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Wow, that is one incredible assessment of our young core - hoping you are being facetious.

If this group returns intact next season - minus Irving and maybe Rozier - I believe you will see one happy team in training camp - one happy and talented team that will hit the ground running and playing together as a unit. Kyrie was the cancer in the locker room.

Rozier admits he quit on the team cause he couldn't fit in and sulked and stunk all season and he's trying to force his way off the team but you want him back? Are you being facetious?

« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2019, 01:08:02 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think he almost always is

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2019, 11:55:25 AM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
The funny thing about all of this is that even if you took Kyrie and Hayward off the team, Rozier is clearly still not a starter with Smart, Brown, and Tatum all clearly ahead of him.

Let’s not forget the fact that Rozier only started for us down the stretch and in the playoffs last year due to both Kyrie AND Smart being out with injury, as Smart was starting when Kyrie went down. And once Smart came back midway through the first round it didn’t make sense to put a rusty guy right back in the starting lineup, which is why Rozier stayed as starter.

That's not actually correct.   Brad consistently chose Rozier as the starter over Smart that year even when Smart was healthy.  That was true even earlier in the season before Smart got injured.

Nope, you are mistaken about this. Not sure where you’re getting that from.

Smart started 11 games during the regular season before going out with his thumb injury. Prior to Kyrie and Smart getting injured during/after game 67, Rozier only started 3 games during the regular season, all 3 coming while Smart was out for his first big stretch that season. Brad still clearly had Smart as the starter over Rozier that year, and he literally did not choose Rozier to start over Smart one time that year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smartma01/gamelog/2018/

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/roziete01/gamelog/2018/

You are correct.  'Forgot that Smart's earlier absence overlapped with TRs first three starts.  'Should have checked.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2019, 11:58:09 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Rozier admits he quit on the team cause he couldn't fit in and sulked and stunk all season and he's trying to force his way off the team but you want him back? Are you being facetious?

Where did he admit he quit on the team?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2019, 09:19:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Where did he admit he quit on the team?

When he said "I just couldn't fit in...whine~"  Rozier played like he quit all year and now is making some BS comments and demands. He has officially passed Mark Blount as my least favorite Celtic!

« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2019, 06:20:37 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rozier didn't quit. He tried his heart out. He just failed.

It is not the same thing.

« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2019, 06:22:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I think a lot of observers disagree. His defense and hustle this past season seemed to regress sharply.  That’s a reflection of effort.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2019, 06:25:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think all this talking about the team will hurt his value in the open market.

« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2019, 06:33:14 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I think a lot of observers disagree. His defense and hustle this past season seemed to regress sharply.  That’s a reflection of effort.
I would disagree too

« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2019, 06:40:17 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Rozier's defense went as his offense went. The more he struggled on offense the more up and down his defense became. This is natural. It is what happens to most players. Especially young players.

In fact, it happened to the team as the whole throughout the year. When they struggled on offense, their defense dropped off.

Rozier was trying. He was just failing.

Failure is not quitting.

« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2019, 06:52:20 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think all this talking about the team will hurt his value in the open market.

it surely won't help

« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2019, 10:20:02 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Rozier's defense went as his offense went. The more he struggled on offense the more up and down his defense became. This is natural. It is what happens to most players. Especially young players.

In fact, it happened to the team as the whole throughout the year. When they struggled on offense, their defense dropped off.

Rozier was trying. He was just failing.

Failure is not quitting.

I don't think that's true. A lot of players, when their shot isn't falling, will try to affect the game in other ways like trying even harder on defense.

I don't think it's fair to say Rozier "quit" but before he ever made these comments there was a pretty strong consensus that Rozier's effort was severely lacking and these comments cast that characterization in an even worse light.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2019, 10:42:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
just watched this ..omg ..blood bath on public tv...talk about a gang bang by a bunch of Celtic haters out to play this to the hilt. ...they found the perfect target
 triple face palm moment for me...

they beat him up like a little red headed step child ....twisted him like three trial lawyers in knots , beat his brains out and stamped dummy on his forhead  :(

Danny s heart just took a turn for the worse ....

i know my heart sank

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:47:05 AM by SHAQATTACK »