Author Topic: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)  (Read 30070 times)

Re: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2009, 10:25:52 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Anybody have issues with coaches doing weird rotations in my player mode? I am a 6'2 PG that got drafted by the Grizzlies. I have seen rotations with Bruce Bowen playing center and myself and AI have been stuck at the 3.

Also, after every game the guy says I have big decision to make about staying where I am or moving somewhere else. Anybody have any insight on that? Thank you

I don't have any insight per sey other than I've noticed the weird rotations. I'm a 7ft pf, and while I'm only a 53 (10pts 5 boards on the Suns, no big deal), I play everywhere from the 2 to the 5, and I guard just about everyone.

Last game, I had to guard Ron Arest, Gasol, Odom, Powell, and one delightful minute where I guarded Kobe.

Before that it was Chase Budinger, Yao Ming, and Tracy McGrady. maybe a Scola too.

Before that it was a mix of Emeka Okafor, Peja, and Julian Wright.

I could go on. I dunno how to fix that.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2009, 12:46:20 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
My only MAJOR complaint is that there aren't any short shorts, i think that if you play with the classic teams (pre-90's) they should have short shorts. How stupid do Cousy, Bird, Magic and all those guys look in big baggy shorts. I hate it.

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2009, 02:02:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
My major complaint in my player is just a gripe.

Why oh why do i get the "holds the ball to long" after 6 seconds as a point guard?

I can't run some of the blazers playbook because it requires me to sit at the top of the key waiting for screens to be run to get my shooters open.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2009, 02:39:41 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

Why oh why do i get the "holds the ball to long" after 6 seconds as a point guard?

I can't run some of the blazers playbook because it requires me to sit at the top of the key waiting for screens to be run to get my shooters open.

haha same problem, i find my self yelling at my teammates too. I'll dump it down to the post and he'll just hold it, then the clock gets to five seconds, then i'm hitting "pass" over and over, then he finally passes it and i jack up some horrible shot.

so i get "call for bad pass" "calls for excessive passes" and "bad shot selection".

« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

haha same problem, i find my self yelling at my teammates too. I'll dump it down to the post and he'll just hold it, then the clock gets to five seconds, then i'm hitting "pass" over and over, then he finally passes it and i jack up some horrible shot.

so i get "call for bad pass" "calls for excessive passes" and "bad shot selection".

I love when a ball gets tipped on a good defensive play and i get "good pass" on the throw and then  "bad pass" for the tip within a second of each other.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2009, 11:41:11 AM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I love when I throw an alley-oop pass, a perfect pass too, but the guy drops the ball, and I get called for the turnover. If I were to throw a regular pass, and the guy dropped it, I wouldn't be called for the turnover then.

« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2009, 11:53:25 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I was benched the last 3 mins of a game which we lost but i was given credit for making the  winning shot :D :D :D

« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2009, 01:42:03 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
My biggest problems with the game are mostly in association mode. 

The development doesn't work.  It makes players worse and can ruin a young players career.  And another thing that bugs me is the D-League.  Once I send two players down to the red claws I can never send any other players to the d-league again.  Even if I get rid of them it says "you're d-league team already has the maximum (2) players on the roster." 

Those are the 2 things that really bug me.   I have some other minor issues with the draft.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2009, 02:20:02 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
I still haven't gotten a chance to get this game, I'm gonna have to ASAP.

Despite the bugs and problems, is it still better than Live?

« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2009, 02:29:43 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald

There aren't really that many problems. And it is better than Live in EVERY way.

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
My biggest problems with the game are mostly in association mode. 

The development doesn't work.  It makes players worse and can ruin a young players career.  And another thing that bugs me is the D-League.  Once I send two players down to the red claws I can never send any other players to the d-league again.  Even if I get rid of them it says "you're d-league team already has the maximum (2) players on the roster." 

Those are the 2 things that really bug me.   I have some other minor issues with the draft.

The D-League thing is very annoying.

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

I havan`t played live for a long time so i can`t compare but so far i`ve enjoyed the game like no other The myplayer mode is as addctive as it gets. True there are some (or a lot of) annoying bugs but they are supposed to be eliminated by the soon-to-be-released patch.

« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
About the patches--do you have to download them off of XBOX live, or can you buy a copy of the game that was shipped out with the bugs fixed? 
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
One thing I know, any line-up the games makes for the Celtics after timeout's just makes me say...we are LONG!!!
The game itself is no more diferent than 09, but I like all the extra editions...
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2009, 06:26:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
About the patches--do you have to download them off of XBOX live, or can you buy a copy of the game that was shipped out with the bugs fixed? 

They aren't going to repress discs. IT will be a free game update on consoles.