Author Topic: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)  (Read 30078 times)

2k10 (Early Reviews?)
« on: October 06, 2009, 01:37:57 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Stuck at work today after considering taking it off.

Anyone got/played NBA 2k10 yet? I'm dying to hear how it is. The IGN review seemed pretty good, though it really made me concerned about the gameplay gltiches.

Where you night shifters/college kids at?

Re: 2k10 (Early Reviews?)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 01:39:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Stuck at work today after considering taking it off.

Anyone got/played NBA 2k10 yet? I'm dying to hear how it is. The IGN review seemed pretty good, though it really made me concerned about the gameplay gltiches.

Where you night shifters/college kids at?

I had to spend a few hours outlining Torts, and i knew if i went to get it i wouldn't hehe.

I'm on my way to best buy now. Won't get much time to play today, but i'll post what i can. going to spend my time in the my player mode, my Defensive SF is due to get drafted :D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
I've yet to dive to deep into it but the game play is phenomenal. It's very intricate too; For instance, remember the running start you could give your pg during an inbound play? That is eliminated so you can no longer create transition out of nothing. It's just more detailed too. As I play it more I'll be able to describe how.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 02:44:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
One criticism: I'm not feeling the new menu at the moment but it might just take some time to get used to.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
It's an 8.5 out of 10 according to IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031712p1.html

I plan on getting my copy later today if possible.

Going to sell Street Fighter IV, UFC:Undisputed, Prototype, and 2k8 maybe if I'm lucky it'll cover the entire cost :P.

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 03:42:35 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
i asked the dude at gamestop if i traded in my n2k9? he said it's 2.50 cents  ::).talk about  depreciation. anyway yeah i was getting a little frustrated with the menu..but yeah the game play is solid...i have not played it online yet. 

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
It's an 8.5 out of 10 according to IGN.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/103/1031712p1.html

I plan on getting my copy later today if possible.

Going to sell Street Fighter IV, UFC:Undisputed, Prototype, and 2k8 maybe if I'm lucky it'll cover the entire cost :P.

I think you'll find that IGN rated that low. Look at the reader's average.

2 things I have noticed at IGN...they always talk about being 'glad' that EA games have improved, and play down EA's weaknesses...and also IGN defaults all its reviews to PS3 if possible.

They're my favorite gaming site, but with them being one of the top 2 or 3 dogs around now (they gotta be giving gamespot a run for its money), I think they're feeling the pressure from some of the bigger boys to play down the competition.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 04:43:45 PM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
I already bought my game online. I expect it to arrive on Friday ;) Can´t wait

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 08:13:19 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Im playing the my player mode, and i have a massive compliant.

Anyone gotten onto your D-league team yet?

The frame rate drops like a rock...It's awful. Like, game crippling awful, since once im halfway up the court it snaps into "FUll speed" This wasen't a problem BEFORE i got to my team, because it wasen't trying to draw an arena, just the practice facilities...

It's not an issue so far with the camera view in the regular game, just the "my player" view.

Anyone else experience this?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
ya so im checking the net, and it's definitely an issue.

That sucks, i was really looking forward to my player mode, but im not going to play it if it fluctuates wildly on frame rate, all the way from 15-20 up to the normal game speed.

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 08:54:21 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
One criticism: I'm not feeling the new menu at the moment but it might just take some time to get used to.

why waste time changing something that works fine? i just don't get it.

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 10:09:34 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I just played a really great game against the CPU nets and won by buzzer beater (Durant step back just inside the arc). I really like how the game feels right now. A very good pace, player movement looks really smooth, players/teams play like themselves (atleast the nets did Harris dominated the ball and was super aggressive not just pounding the air out of the ball.). The commentating is good and the crowd noise is great. That's what I've taken away from my first game. :)

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 10:35:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
i asked the dude at gamestop if i traded in my n2k9? he said it's 2.50 cents  ::).talk about  depreciation. anyway yeah i was getting a little frustrated with the menu..but yeah the game play is solid...i have not played it online yet. 

Haha, that's a bummer. I always hate that with sports games. You can go trade in a Mario game of any kind and still get decent value for it, but you trade in a sports game, they basically laugh in your face.

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I've yet to dive to deep into it but the game play is phenomenal. It's very intricate too; For instance, remember the running start you could give your pg during an inbound play? That is eliminated so you can no longer create transition out of nothing. It's just more detailed too. As I play it more I'll be able to describe how.

I can't wait to pick it up myself...man, I lived for the running pg play. I guess I will have to adjust...looking forward to more details- gonna be a few days for me.

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Haha, that's a bummer. I always hate that with sports games. You can go trade in a Mario game of any kind and still get decent value for it, but you trade in a sports game, they basically laugh in your face.
Actually anything traded in Gamestop, Game Crazy etc is a complete rip off they give you peanuts.

edit: how is the street mode? how many courts?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:45:31 PM by j804 »
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk