Author Topic: nintendo ds input  (Read 4529 times)

nintendo ds input
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
anyone have any games they could recommend for the nintendo ds?

Re: nintendo ds input
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
bump.

anyone have anything?  im dying to get a game but would like suggestions.  i am planning on getting kingdom hearts the end of the month, but i need something sooner, lol

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
mario kart ds

new super mario brothers

any castlevania ds game

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:16:05 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
mario kart ds

new super mario brothers

any castlevania ds game

thx, tp for u.  i got mario kart.  i will check out the other two

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
this page may or may not help

http://ds.ign.com/index/reviews.html?constraint.floor.article.overall_rating=9&constraint.return_all=is_true&sort.attribute=article.overall_rating&sort.order=desc

I would say just watch out for the RPGs on this list.  If you don't like that type of game (with levels, hit points and potions and tun based combat) then you might not like the game no matter how good the review.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
this page may or may not help

http://ds.ign.com/index/reviews.html?constraint.floor.article.overall_rating=9&constraint.return_all=is_true&sort.attribute=article.overall_rating&sort.order=desc

I would say just watch out for the RPGs on this list.  If you don't like that type of game (with levels, hit points and potions and tun based combat) then you might not like the game no matter how good the review.

good stuff ben, thank u.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Hard to tell what games to recommend without knowing what games you like, but I have a darkhorse for you:

Professor Leyton and the Curious Village.  It's a puzzle game, focusing on individual brain teasers that you solve to progress a mildly interesting story.  It has good cartoony graphics and great voice acting.

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 02:21:31 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
http://www.gamerankings.com/ds/index.html

There's always Lego Star Wars.

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
Hard to tell what games to recommend without knowing what games you like, but I have a darkhorse for you:

Professor Leyton and the Curious Village.  It's a puzzle game, focusing on individual brain teasers that you solve to progress a mildly interesting story.  It has good cartoony graphics and great voice acting.

I'm contemplating buying the DS just for this game.  I've seen the commercials and it looks pretty interesting.  I love puzzle games.

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
thanks for the input guys.  i have heard that prof layton game is really good.  i think i will scoop it up.

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 09:47:36 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
You could always download an emulator and some roms, and test the games before you buy them, but I guess that would be illegal.  ;)

You should try out the Fire Emblem series, though.
Itīs completely different to the usual RPGīs, highly addicting, but you have to swallow some bad anime drawings. If a character dies, for example, heīs dead for the rest of the game, and the story develops in another direction. Some characters have a backstory with another, some develop a story if you pair them up with others.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 03:03:35 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
If you like brain teasers and/or puzzle games then yes, Prof. Leyton is worth a DS alone.  Especially now that there is a sequel out (yet to pick that up) so you would be buying it for at least 2 games.

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 04:06:47 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
You could always download an emulator and some roms, and test the games before you buy them, but I guess that would be illegal.  ;)

You should try out the Fire Emblem series, though.
Itīs completely different to the usual RPGīs, highly addicting, but you have to swallow some bad anime drawings. If a character dies, for example, heīs dead for the rest of the game, and the story develops in another direction. Some characters have a backstory with another, some develop a story if you pair them up with others.

That actually sounds incredibly amazing
:o
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?