Author Topic: Hard Drugs  (Read 2102 times)

Hard Drugs
« on: August 13, 2009, 03:27:12 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
I bring this up because I have a friend who doesn't have a great income, but is a complete cocaine addict, and he's getting on my nerves because of it. We go for a drink or to hang out and he needs a quick fix, whether it's a joint or a line. In fact, in my circle of friends, near enough everyone does drugs or has at least tried. From "harmless" drugs like marijuana, to hard drugs like cocaine, ecstasy and worse.

It starts off small then becomes an addiction. One thing leads to another and you're off buying a gram for the price of a days work. I don't have this problem, I can't ever see myself having this problem unless I disregard the quality of life - both my own and those around me. Yes, I have an addiction to cigarettes (sorry SSF), but I rarely even drink nowadays.

Have you done drugs? Do you know anyone who does drugs? I myself don't do drugs. Yes I've tried. No I didn't feel the need due to being influenced. I was with a girl once who did drugs, that relationship ended 2 days after I saw her do a line. I was with another girl who smoked joints regularly. That ended when she refused to give up and grow up. They are both messed up now and have drug dealer boyfriends (I'm hard to get over, clearly).

My message is, don't do drugs. It messes you up. Like someone said in another thread, leave the PED's to the league to punish, but the hard drugs are a social problem that ruins lives. Don't be stupid because it's not big and it's not clever.

Re: Hard Drugs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 03:29:56 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i have never even tried any drug b4.  had friends get into it when i was younger, but distanced myself from them.  their use was more important than friendship.  in adulthood, i dont hang with other adults who do drugs.  it just isnt a quality i find appealing in a friend.  i can be cool with someone who does drugs, but they arent my friends.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 03:33:10 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
i have never even tried any drug b4.  had friends get into it when i was younger, but distanced myself from them.  their use was more important than friendship.  in adulthood, i dont hang with other adults who do drugs.  it just isnt a quality i find appealing in a friend.  i can be cool with someone who does drugs, but they arent my friends.

Not friends, no. But everyone deserves a chance and I'm hoping this phase will pass. It hasn't taken over their lives, but if it does then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 03:36:12 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

Not friends, no. But everyone deserves a chance and I'm hoping this phase will pass. It hasn't taken over their lives, but if it does then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

i think you and i are at two different phases in our lives.  im older than you, married, and a father.....so associating with users, just isnt appealing at all, in fact i find it appalling and sad.  i dont even want to be near drugs.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 03:39:06 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

i think you and i are at two different phases in our lives.  im older than you, married, and a father.....so associating with users, just isnt appealing at all, in fact i find it appalling and sad.  i dont even want to be near drugs.

Very true.

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 03:40:06 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Sorry, guys.  We don't allow discussion of personal drug use or similar discussions.  To the extent that discussion of drug use is allowed on here, it's confined to athletes / public figures.

It's an interesting enough topic, but it has to be locked.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions