Author Topic: Question about potential pregnancy.  (Read 15387 times)

Question about potential pregnancy.
« on: July 16, 2009, 08:58:21 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I received a text msg from a friend of mine this morning stating that he recently had intercourse with his girlfriend.  He said it was her first time & that he had "pulled out" at climax.  He said that her menstrual cycle came 5 days late, but it was very light & stopped the very same day.  I don't want to give him any false information or anything, but would like to see if there is anything I can tell him before resorting to the "Go & talk with a doctor" answer. Anyways, I guess you can see where this is going.."What are the chances that his girlfriend is pregnant?"

PS, this "friend" is not me, lol.

thanks

Re: Question about potential pregnancy.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 09:05:09 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Celticsblog probably isn't the place to ask a question like this.

The advice you can give him are:

1) Go see a doctor; and

2) Don't be an idiot and use protection.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:08:55 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Well as a former Resident Assistant, I can tell you that pulling out is 87% effective.  So odds are hes all set.  But still tell him, dont be a fool and wrap your tool. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Celticsblog probably isn't the place to ask a question like this.

The advice you can give him are:

1) Go see a doctor; and

2) Don't be an idiot and use protection.

In this day and age, to not use a condom is just silly...especially if the girl is not on birth control and it isnt a long term relationship

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Start with a pregnancy test.  They are very accurate.

As for the 'period' mentioned, sounds a lot like implanting.

http://babymed.com/FAQ/Browse.aspx?53

Implantation bleeding is often brown in color though some mention it to be more reddish.

Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 09:44:55 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
This is definitly a day I never thought I would see on Celticsblog I have to admit!
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 09:49:55 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Based on the few details I have read in this thread, I can unequivocally say that she is indeed pregnant with quintuplets, they will all be 7 lbs 6 oz, have thick hair at birth, and all have green eyes. Unless of course they are Chinese, because as David Lo Pan has taught all of us, Chinese girls do not come with green eyes.

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 09:52:15 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
Moving past judgement, which is useless (sure everyone should always use a condom, yadda yadda, personally guilty every so often of failing to use common sense in matters of lust & love)...

There isn't any way to determine the "chance" of her being pregnant, either she is or she isn't.  The bleeding issue is meaningless, since it's common both for women to experience irregular periods or bleeding after sex (esp for the first time), and it's possible for women to have short menstrual cycles after becoming pregnant.

Real talk, tell him to do the following things:

1. If it hasn't been at least a week, just wait and hope for the best.  Tell him to use this time to make sure he's had "the conversation" about her feelings on the issue of abortion and her options if she should become pregnant.

2. After a week, take a home pregnancy test.  If it comes up positive, go to the doctor.  If it comes up negative, follow up with a second home pregnancy test in 1 week.  Two negatives and you're pretty much in the clear.

3. Remind him that the is an issue that everyone who has sex must experience, and that it is her first time so he has a great responsibility to be a support to her during this time.  It is always important to keep the consequences in the back of your mind when you choose to have sex, even with a condom.  If he hasn't had the big abortion talk, if he isn't ready to potentially stand up and raise a kid if that's what she wants, there are other ways of expressing love between sexually active couples that don't make pregnancy an issue.

God speed, keep us updated if there is news...

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »

Offline jchen1731

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
This is definitly a day I never thought I would see on Celticsblog I have to admit!

ugh... this is a new low!

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 10:03:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Why?  What's wrong with asking this type of question?

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 10:05:16 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669

Why?  What's wrong with asking this type of question?

Yeah, what if the kid ends up being a small forward who can defend LeBron and hit the corner three? How stupid would you feel? ;D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 10:07:57 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Ya I didnt mean it as a bad thing, just an observation, neither good nor bad

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Ya I didnt mean it as a bad thing, just an observation, neither good nor bad

Question really wasn't for you.

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 10:13:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I know I just wanted to say that cause i didnt want people to think that I wanted to take the thread in that direction

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 10:14:05 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
Based on the few details I have read in this thread, I can unequivocally say that she is indeed pregnant with quintuplets, they will all be 7 lbs 6 oz, have thick hair at birth, and all have green eyes. Unless of course they are Chinese, because as David Lo Pan has taught all of us, Chinese girls do not come with green eyes.

LOL yes! great movie, TP for you.

as for the topic at hand, pregnancy test first, then if it says she's prego, go see a doctor.

and tell your friend to at least wear a rubber if he's gonna fool around. i have an older half brother because my old man didn't use a condom for his first time in his young and wild days...even though things could have been done differently, i'm glad it happened, it worked out ok in the longrun and i can't imagine life without my bro around.