Author Topic: What did you do to help the team win tonight?  (Read 15084 times)

Re: What did you do to help the team win tonight?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 01:28:43 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Okay, I know some of you guys must be superstitious.  What did you do at halftime to switch up the team's luck?

Me, I quit posting on Celticsblog for the half.  In Game 1, when we were losing at halftime, I had done the same thing, so I figured it was worth a shot.  And look, it worked!  I'm sure many of you have similar stories, so go ahead and share.

I'm sure I'll need RH to attest to this, but I promise I actually sent Roy the "Look out for Big Game James; keep the faith" PM heading into the second half.

What a night, folks.

TPs all around.

-sw

Yep, I can vouch for that.  Steve predicted Posey was going to come through, and that we'd be talking about a great second half comeback after the game. 

I was a little more skeptical. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2008, 01:30:55 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
I stayed in while my roommate and some of my buddies went to bar.

I have a rule that I won't go to a bar to watch a big time sporting event.  2003 ALCS was the last big game I did at a bar.  Never again. 

Sat at home and soaked it all in sitting on the couch.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2008, 01:33:10 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Imagine Jack Nicholson's language after the game. Anger management anyone?
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2008, 01:34:37 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Imagine Jack Nicholson's language after the game. Anger management anyone?

I was thinking 'the Shinning'

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2008, 01:35:40 AM »

Offline bobz99by

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
My friends and I bought the BEAT LA shirts that are being sold on celtics.com. Apparently they came in yesterday so I got mine before the game started. I had just played in a softball game so I kept the shirt in the bag so I wouldn't get my bodily fluids all over my new overpriced T-shirt.

At halftime, down 18, I manned up and put it on. Not washing til its over.

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

Offline tanner

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
Resisted posting in the game thread, as much as I wanted to vent frustrations in the 1st half.   Turned off the computer in the 2nd half and just watched the game on TV.   Phenomenal game!  :o

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 01:50:32 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I've gotta say, this is a great thread that only "true" fans can understand.  Anyway, my mom has been getting into it even though she knows very little about basketball like the rules.  However, as a Brazilian, she knows how to get into games and she has been getting into games big time during the Finals.  Anyway, when the Celtics started playing well, she was taking a shower.  So when she was done, I told her to leave the living room.  Since then, she was watching from her room while asking me questions.  Basically, I told her to leave a room in her own house.

Also...

My best friend in the world Catey, God bless her heart, is not a sports fan.  That's why were such great friends, when I get too crazy she is how I can get away.  She's been watching the playoffs because she knows how much I care, and she wants to be able to know what's going on.  She's even gotten to the point where she can name almost all the players.

Ma11l, marry this girl!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 01:51:18 AM »

Offline FreeGreen

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 19
sent my wife to bed at halftime -- she's my good luck widget ...

sometimes she has to stay up (if they're playing well when she's watching I'll get her back up ... like in Game 2 when the Lakers made their run)

sometimes she has to go to bed (like tonight)

[[dang] she's a good sport]  :P

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2008, 02:03:02 AM »

Offline MoneyBagsBob

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
My friend Chad doesn't watch sports, but every time he watches a Celtics game, we win. I made him leave work early to watch the game, and he didn't get home until the nine minute mark of the fourth quarter. Coincidence?
"Back when they had Rick Fox and 'Nique they were only sort of Boston. Now it's Boston Boston"  -Shaq

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:31 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've worn the same Celtic t-shirt for every game this postseason.   At halftime I decided to add a Celtic warmup jacket and Celtic wristbands for some extra oomph.  I also busted out some Celtic starting lineup figurines from back when I was a kid and put them above my TV for good luck.

It worked.

If we struggle in game 5 I might have to start painting my walls green mid-game or something.

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2008, 02:21:35 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Like the first two games i woke up in half time (the games are at 04.00 local) and watched only thr second half. If i had done it also at the 3rd game now it would have been 4-0 :D

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2008, 02:34:46 AM »

Offline wolfceltic215

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • all hail garfield-sama!
at the beginning of the game i prayed that the Celtics would win.. when the Celtics were getting beat at the 1st quarter and things were looking gloomy, i encouraged my fellow Celtics fans and defended our beloved Celtics from the jeers of my friends who were on the opposing bench.. told them that there were still 36 minutes of play and anything can happen.. that we just have to keep believing in our Celtics.. after the 1st half, when the lead has gotten down to 18 from a high of 24, i kept on encouraging them that the 3rd quarter was our Celtic quarter.. before the 2nd half began, i again prayed.. and after the 3rd when the lead was down to 2, i told them "I told you so!" and i never wavered from believing and trusting our beloved Celtics! rawrrr!
1, 2, 3 UBUNTU!

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2008, 02:41:34 AM »

Offline ThirtyThreePlusOne

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
I promised I would join a Celtic's blog if they won (this was during my prayer at halftime!  ;D) ... so here I am! This was an amazing win!
There are many lies, but only one Truth.

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2008, 02:53:43 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I promised I would join a Celtic's blog if they won (this was during my prayer at halftime!  ;D) ... so here I am! This was an amazing win!

Welcome aboard, and a first Tommy Point for you!  May it be the first of many...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2008, 02:57:51 AM »

Offline ThirtyThreePlusOne

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
thank you for the greeting - not sure what a tommy point means here but thankou - it sounds like its a good thing yes?  ;D
There are many lies, but only one Truth.