Author Topic: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Draft over. Playoffs coming soon!  (Read 190358 times)

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Surprised by the lack of comments regarding extra rounds and expanded playoffs. If people don't want to or can't do this, we don't have to. The staff here at CS just thought it might be a fun way to help kill all the extra time we all have on our hands.

Feedback?

My feedback is this is totally awesome and the best way to finish off the game. I love it. Very appreciative of you for offering this up too as I imagine it makes WAY more "work" for you. (More TPs) But this is going to be a great ending with nice build up leading up to it and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks dude!

I also know how important it is that everyone keeps voting until the end so you can certainly count on me to follow along after (errr, if!) I get eliminated.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Surprised by the lack of comments regarding extra rounds and expanded playoffs. If people don't want to or can't do this, we don't have to. The staff here at CS just thought it might be a fun way to help kill all the extra time we all have on our hands.

Feedback?

I am not that interested in the expanded playoffs. Never thought they added much to things. I thought past drafts have shown less is more when it comes to that.

Extra rounds = that's cool.

That said, I am happy to go along with whatever other people want.

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Willing to trade up from 5.12 and would be willing to move down from either 6.3 and 8.3, or for both, depending on the deals being offered.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rumor Mill:  Sources indicate that Milwaukee and the Thunder have agreed to a trade, pending league approval.  The pieces are unclear, but GM Roy H. is a known believer in Paul Pierce, while OKC is known to covet Giannis Antetokounmpo.  A deal could bring Milwaukee more shooting and depth, while offering the Thunder the superstar they lack.

Details to follow, with the deal likely to be consummated tomorrow AM.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'd be ok with extra rounds but after reconsidering not interested in Playoffs.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rumor Mill:  Sources indicate that Milwaukee and the Thunder have agreed to a trade, pending league approval.  The pieces are unclear, but GM Roy H. is a known believer in Paul Pierce, while OKC is known to covet Giannis Antetokounmpo.  A deal could bring Milwaukee more shooting and depth, while offering the Thunder the superstar they lack.
Are you telling me the Pauls have been split up?  :'(
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
That would be interesting.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Round 4 really cleaned up my draft board.  Lots of players got taken that I thought should go.  Left on my board is:
1 first round player
2 second round players
1 third round player
2 fourth round players

So only 6 players have been drafted that I didn't consider a top 4 round player.  Well done, gang.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Feedback?
I'm fine with anything that doesn't involve doing stuff in May (I have end of semester exams).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So there are 5 players I'm wondering when they'll get drafted.  Each on the basis of their talent should have already been drafted but I'm guessing all have at least a few critics for various reasons.  Two are former Bruins, one a Blue Devil, one a Tar Heel, and one a Hoya.  I'm interested to see who will nab one of these highly talented players before it's too late.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So there are 5 players I'm wondering when they'll get drafted.  Each on the basis of their talent should have already been drafted but I'm guessing all have at least a few critics for various reasons.  Two are former Bruins, one a Blue Devil, one a Tar Heel, and one a Hoya.  I'm interested to see who will nab one of these highly talented players before it's too late.

No Tigers?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

The Hoya is the one I am interested in. I believe he'd be a lot more efficient in the league today because of all the extra spacing for ball-handlers and weaker defenses.

I had him pegged as a 2nd rounder playing next to a dominant big. I had trouble being happy with the rest of the lineup though - which is why I guess nobody has taken him yet.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The Hoya is the one I am interested in. I believe he'd be a lot more efficient in the league today because of all the extra spacing for ball-handlers and weaker defenses.

I had him pegged as a 2nd rounder playing next to a dominant big. I had trouble being happy with the rest of the lineup though - which is why I guess nobody has taken him yet.
Yeah, I believe you could take him and 3 other players right now and have a pretty darn good team.  One that would be competitive with the teams that have been drafting all along.  Not as good, but wouldn't be way so different looking either.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Excited to see if things get a little bit wild with the 2 rounds in one day layout. I'm excited for it.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'm excited to hear about the proposed trade.