Author Topic: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Draft over. Playoffs coming soon!  (Read 193477 times)

Re: 2020 Historical Draft Thread: Rounds 5 & 6 today! Let's do this!!!
« Reply #1020 on: March 27, 2020, 11:32:22 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am both happy and sad with my trade.

I really did like the team I was building.   Unfortunately I got an offer I could not say no to.  I tried, but Lebron was too much of a carrot.   (that's for my son who loved bunnies).   

« Reply #1021 on: March 27, 2020, 11:32:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
With the 8th pick in the 5th round, we are going a bit out of left field, maybe.

Yes, it does look like we need that top level superstar, but this guy is too good to pass for us that we are not hesitating on selecting him.

He's a good playmaker, a good shot creator, and is good off the ball. His versatility in being able to play either guard spots would bode well for us as, being able to dispel either Pauls in any period of time and still get some good production.

He's a LOCKDOWN, terrific defender who can defend three positions because of his size, mobility and tenacity.

The most UNDERRATED player in the NBA today. We are happy to select Jrue Holiday.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #1022 on: March 27, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Cool. I get the guy I wanted. Sticking with the Spanish National Team model, over the years they had 3 different ways of upping the tempo while one of the Gasol brothers rested on the bench. A defensive SF/PF, a defender/shooter PF/C and in recent years an offensive PF/SF. I am going for the PF/C.

Boston Celtics select Rasheed Wallace pick 5.7

Sheed will give the team more speed and quickness up front to matchup better against PnR offenses & perimeter orientated big men like Dirk Nowitzki without sacrificing too much in size or interior defense.

I was so hopping he would drop.

« Reply #1023 on: March 27, 2020, 11:33:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
With the 8th pick in the 5th round, we are going a bit out of left field, maybe.

Yes, it does look like we need that top level superstar, but this guy is too good to pass for us that we are not hesitating on selecting him.

He's a good playmaker, a good shot creator, and is good off the ball. His versatility in being able to play either guard spots would bode well for us as, being able to dispel either Pauls in any period of time and still get some good production.

He's a LOCKDOWN, terrific defender who can defend three positions because of his size, mobility and tenacity.

The most UNDERRATED player in the NBA today. We are happy to select Jrue Holiday.

Totally faked me out with that MVP comment, haha!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1024 on: March 27, 2020, 11:35:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
God I love Jrue Holiday.  And Rasheed is a fantastic pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1025 on: March 27, 2020, 11:35:24 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yep. LOL. Sorry.

He was my target all along. I understand the reservations on having an MVP type player, but I got two Champions on this team. I think I have enough talent to argue with.

Jrue's swiss army knife fit is too good to pass. His defense is cherry on top of the sundae.

« Reply #1026 on: March 27, 2020, 11:35:34 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I am both happy and sad with my trade.

I really did like the team I was building.   Unfortunately I got an offer I could not say no to.  I tried, but Lebron was too much of a carrot.   (that's for my son who loved bunnies).

When you get an offer you can't refuse, you have to take it.  If the Celtics were offered Lebron for any of our Big 3 in the late 2000s, we would have had to say yes.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #1027 on: March 27, 2020, 11:36:46 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437

Breaks my heart as a Celtic fan to do this, but I'm reuniting Kobe with an old teammate (but obviously not picking the Laker version).

With 5(9) the Los Angeles Lakers select former Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest/Metta World Peace

2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #1028 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yep. LOL. Sorry.

He was my target all along. I understand the reservations on having an MVP type player, but I got two Champions on this team. I think I have enough talent to argue with.

Jrue's swiss army knife fit is too good to pass. His defense is cherry on top of the sundae.
You traded up because you were worried about Jrue Holiday not being available a few picks later?

I think that was a mistake.

« Reply #1029 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:32 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Sheed!

Wondering when he was going to finally get picked.  Such a well rounded player.  Post game, three point shooting, passing, and defense.  Yeah, he had a temper, but he was so good.

« Reply #1030 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:38 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Jrue would have been available later IMO, but if you like him you like him!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #1031 on: March 27, 2020, 11:38:41 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Sheed!

Wondering when he was going to finally get picked.  Such a well rounded player.  Post game, three point shooting, passing, and defense.  Yeah, he had a temper, but he was so good.

Of course that temper was always point outwards, not towards the locker room.   His teammates loved him.

« Reply #1032 on: March 27, 2020, 11:39:34 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Breaks my heart as a Celtic fan to do this, but I'm reuniting Kobe with an old teammate (but obviously not picking the Laker version).

With 5(9) the Los Angeles Lakers select former Defensive Player of the Year Ron Artest/Metta World Peace

Take care of my pick from the historical draft plz lol
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #1033 on: March 27, 2020, 11:39:38 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Argh, awesome. Wish he never got suspended in that year, but he still has a DPOY peak and brings some real toughness to the wing
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1034 on: March 27, 2020, 11:39:49 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Yep. LOL. Sorry.

You traded up because you were worried about Jrue Holiday not being available a few picks later?

I think that was a mistake.

Yeah, it could be, but I can't pass on him. I worried that there might be GMs who would like how he plays, like Roy for instance, so I couldn't take any chances.