Author Topic: Shaun Livingston Rumor  (Read 10867 times)

Re: Shaun Livingston Rumor
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 11:28:49 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
What are the clippers going to get from us??? Scalabrine?? A bag of Balls? and empty bottle of champaigne from the night we won the championship?

He's a free agent.

That being said, I don't put much faith in the "friend of a friend heard on WEEI" rumor.  There haven't been any reports of Celtics interest that I have heard, and I doubt that he would come here due to the limitations on salary and minutes that he'd see with the Celts.

If we don't resign any of TA, Sam or House, he'd definitely get minutes. I don't want to bash Rondo either but he'd definitely press Rondo for pt if he is playing like he was pre injury. 

Not as many minutes as he'd see on another team, though.  How much time do you think we'll spend developing a project point guard next year, with or without TA, Sam, or Eddie?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
(literally shaking with excitement joke)

*pats self on back*
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 11:37:50 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
A friend of a friend heard a Shaun Livingston to the Celtics rumor on EEI yesterday.

nothing personal but...

shakiest... source... ever.

Well the deli guy is a close second
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 11:45:37 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
A friend of a friend heard a Shaun Livingston to the Celtics rumor on EEI yesterday.

nothing personal but...

shakiest... source... ever.

Well the deli guy is a close second

The deli guy rumor will go down as one of the greats in the annals of CB history :D
Yup

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
What are the clippers going to get from us??? Scalabrine?? A bag of Balls? and empty bottle of champaigne from the night we won the championship?

He's a free agent.

That being said, I don't put much faith in the "friend of a friend heard on WEEI" rumor.  There haven't been any reports of Celtics interest that I have heard, and I doubt that he would come here due to the limitations on salary and minutes that he'd see with the Celts.

If we don't resign any of TA, Sam or House, he'd definitely get minutes. I don't want to bash Rondo either but he'd definitely press Rondo for pt if he is playing like he was pre injury. 

Not as many minutes as he'd see on another team, though.  How much time do you think we'll spend developing a project point guard next year, with or without TA, Sam, or Eddie?

not saying that i want Livingston, but a sign and trade makes the most sense, no?

because then we keep our trade exceptions to fill other spots.

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I'd definitely be interested in Shaun Livingston --- the question, of course, would be for how much? If we could lock up Posey, i'd try and snatch Livingston away with something like a 1yr $3Mil contract. I'd write something into his contract that the boy has to eat and put on 60 pounds and drink 3 gallons of milk a day to avoid future injury :)

Livingston may very well just be interested in moving on from LA... he may simply feel like he's cursed as a Clipper. Coming to Boston from the Clippers did wonders for Bill Walton, why not Livingston.

And with his size, I think it's conceivable that you could play a Rondo/Livingston backcourt for stretches at a time.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

He's a free agent.

I guess it all really comes down to whether you see Livingston as a "project point guard" or not. Pre-injury he was roughly 9.5 points, 5 asts, 3 rbs and 1 steal over 30 minutes on a very bad team. He was 20 years old then. If Danny brought him in and the kid was a serious man about serious business now, I think he'd be a very viable player for our squad.

Let your mind imagine that he signs a sweetheart deal like posey did because he wants to prove himself. Now, lets make believe that he comes in early and often to work his butt off and learn Thibs defensive schemes. No House, No Cassell, Pruitt still a little raw, Livingston at 6-7 1st guard off the bench.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

He's a free agent.

I guess it all really comes down to whether you see Livingston as a "project point guard" or not. Pre-injury he was roughly 9.5 points, 5 asts, 3 rbs and 1 steal over 30 minutes on a very bad team. He was 20 years old then. If Danny brought him in and the kid was a serious man about serious business now, I think he'd be a very viable player for our squad.

Let your mind imagine that he signs a sweetheart deal like posey did because he wants to prove himself. Now, lets make believe that he comes in early and often to work his butt off and learn Thibs defensive schemes. No House, No Cassell, Pruitt still a little raw, Livingston at 6-7 1st guard off the bench.

He's coming off a devastating knee injury, though.  People are calling it one of the worst basketball injuries they've ever seen.  He's missed nearly a year and a half of basketball due to it; I've got think it's going to have some effect on his basketball abilities.

Even without that injury, his game was questionable.  Yes, he averaged 9 and 5, but that was in 30 minutes per game.  He's a pretty good distributor, but a poor shooter, especially from long range.  How effective would he be getting half as many minutes as he saw with the Clips?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 12:14:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
You know Roy I feel like you put too much reality and not enough Dream into that assessment right there.

One thing, if we can stop being Posey-centric right now, Livingston would be an ideal back-court teammate for Eddie House.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 12:15:17 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I started a thread about him two weeks ago.  I think he is very vaible for this team.  He shooting is better than reported in my opinion.  He runs the fast break extremely well which is one area that i thought we really lacked  in the playoffs.  I am very excited
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 12:19:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He's a free agent.

If he's playing like he was pre-injury then A) he wouldn't be an unrestricted FA and B) he wouldn't be looking at franchises with stable PG positions.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 12:25:07 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
I'd be interested in the next Magic  ::). His knee is still a concern, he hasn't played ball in a longggg time. I know he has that mental picture in his head.

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Any comments on how much he's looking for?  My guess is he's looking for something out of our league.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Snicker. Snicker, Hehehe.

The Deli Guy.

The newbies on the site haven't a clue but take our word on it, it's very funny.

The Deli Guy!!

LOL!

You know what this whole thing comes down to, don't you. The kid that makes the deliveries to the Deli Guys place heard Wyc and the Deli Guy talking about Livingston coming to Boston and called WEEI to break the story.

You KNOW that's what happened!!

The Deli Guy!

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 12:33:40 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'd be interested in the next Magic  ::). His knee is still a concern, he hasn't played ball in a longggg time. I know he has that mental picture in his head.

Yeah let's not forget how gruesome that injury was.  We've seen how long it's taken Tony to get back physically and maybe more important mentally.  There is a good chance this guy will never be able to play like he did before the injury, never mind reach the potential that he was showing.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."