Author Topic: Kwame Brown  (Read 5287 times)

Kwame Brown
« on: June 30, 2008, 11:11:01 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
  The list of free agents at the Center Position is lean at best. PJ seems like he will retire after getting his ring,and it looks like Diop is going back to the Mavs.

Kwame Brown has been a huge dissapointment in the league thats no question. However could he be a serviceable backup or 3rd string Center for the Celtics? The guy has the height, the bulk, the athleticism, with little motivation or mindset. Im curious if the reason for this is the lack of structure and personel around him in the past. Playing on the C's would adress both of these aspects. We have a players coach, great assistants, and personel who have great work ethics.
   Kwame has been in the league a while and is still just 25. I would love to see him grow with the C's and turn a less then stellar career into something positive.

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Kwame Brown
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 11:15:45 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't want the name Kwame anywhere near 100 feet from the Celtics locker room.

He's dumb as bricks, and it translates to his NBA game. We need someone who's smart and can actually play as our back-up... not a project like him.

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:16:41 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Only 25? That's a lot of years of being lousy. Let's forget it. And Darko too.
I just recorded onto dvd the game from earlier in the season where the C's beat the Spurs without KG and Perkins. Powe and Big Baby did just fine.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is way down on the list after

Diop
Elson
Thomas
Skinner
PJ
Zo
and plenty others I have forgotten right now.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 11:27:29 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
We had The Kandi Man once, why do it twice with Brown town? Kwame Brown is going to trick someone into giving him a couple million dollars, lets hope its not us.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
Perfect comparison Indeed. Kandi man- high draft pick, great upside, blah, blah, blah. Sucks for years and yet keeps getting signed for millions of dollars.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 11:35:58 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
We had The Kandi Man once, why do it twice with Brown town? Kwame Brown is going to trick someone into giving him a couple million dollars, lets hope its not us.

Man if only I was 7 ft , 270 I would be rolling in the money. Hell Scal is only a 6'9 pudgy towel waiver and he makes 3 mil a year .

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 11:36:23 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

"He's dumb as bricks, and it translates to his NBA game. We need someone who's smart and can actually play as our back-up... not a project like him."
[/quote]

I would not exactly call Perkins the most intelligent player on the team. He still manages to start for us lol.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Perfect comparison Indeed. Kandi man- high draft pick, great upside, blah, blah, blah. Sucks for years and yet keeps getting signed for millions of dollars.
yea you can add Pevis Ellison to that list to. A # 1 pick big man

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 12:33:16 PM »

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
Kwame Brown would still be a project.  This team already took on projects in this year's draft.  Add them to BBD and Pruitt on the project list.  Don't you think that's way too many projects for a contending team to be working on?  The Celtics need a veteran backup big man.  Not necessarily the most athletic, nor the most gifted.  But someone who can play smart and brings a lot of experience to the table.

Kwame might be a decent fit for a young team like the Hawks though.  They're in development mode.  May as well add another project to the bench.

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 12:42:55 PM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
I dunno, I say we sign him and trade him for an all-star. I mean, the guy's already been traded for Caron Butler and Pau Gasol.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
I dunno, I say we sign him and trade him for an all-star. I mean, the guy's already been traded for Caron Butler and Pau Gasol.

I gotta give you a TP for that one. 

Yup, the guy's been used to acquire all-stars in the past.  The luck might hold out well for us!

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
He's pretty solid defensively.  I wouldn't be in love with it, but I wouldn't hate it either.  I'd rather have him than Zo.

Diop would be my first choice if we can get him on the cheap.  I doubt we can, though.

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He's pretty solid defensively.  I wouldn't be in love with it, but I wouldn't hate it either.  I'd rather have him than Zo.

Diop would be my first choice if we can get him on the cheap.  I doubt we can, though.

A one-year non-bird contract for Posey (so we can sign him next year with Bird rights) and spend as much as needed of the MLE, even if full, on Diop is my dream scenario.

The stability he'd bring to our big man situation will be huge for this team, especially with him being quite young still.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 02:03:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Sidebar:

I just had a kid pull an unpriced Kwame Brown out of the card box at my shop and ask "How much?".  I told him "a nickel".  I think I may have just sold a Kwame Brown card!

Miracles happen ;D
Yup