Author Topic: Beasley hammers marcus-no call  (Read 2529 times)

Re: Beasley hammers marcus-no call
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 06:01:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Just watched the reply. It looks like Beasley clips Morris in the head with his arm pit on the way by. Probably should've been a foul but I don't see how you could call that dirty.

I think, too often, people look at the result of the play and want someone to blame but the truth is if Beasley had done the exact same thing but Morris had gotten his feet under him and landed softly, no one would be complaining about this.

I think the contact caused the injury - Morris looks like he's going to be able to hang on the rim long enough to control his momentum, then he gets hit and is jarred loose.

Hitting a guy from behind after he already scored might not be intentionally malicious, but at a minimum it's a stupid, non-basketball play. Beasley is always a little out of control; this was like the guy in the pickup game nobody wants to play against because he's likely to get you hurt by sliding under you or crashing into you.

It was? It looked to me like the same contest-from-behind that every player in the NBA makes in that situation but it was late and there was (seemingly) unintentional contact. The result was bad but I think people are looking at that result and trying to rewrite what actually caused it, some slight contact that probably should've been a foul but was certainly not dirty.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Lebron didnt do anything dirty on that play at all.

What Crowder did was a bit dirty but far from egregious.

Not letting a guy land safely is dirty.

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 02:16:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Contesting an oop isnt dirty. Its pro sports. He went up to make a play on the ball.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

If it is intentional, sure.