Author Topic: Predict Celtics Record for February 2021  (Read 1255 times)

Predict Celtics Record for February 2021
« on: February 01, 2021, 07:09:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Today is February 1st.  The Celts are 10-8.

They have 16 games this month.  They most likely won't have Smart or Pritchard for any of them.  It's kind of a brutal schedule.

@GSW
@SAC (b2b)
@LAC
@PHX
@UTA
TOR
DET (b2b)
@WAS
DEN
ATL (b2b)
ATL
@NOP
@DAL
@ATL (b2b)
IND
WAS

Schedule starts out real tough with a 5 game West coast road trip.

They have 4 back-to-backs, and 9/16 games are on the road.

My guess -- I think they'll struggle on the road trip.  I hope they go 2-3, which would be a good result given the level of competition combined with travel.  The rest of the way, it gets a bit easier, although I bet there's going to be some antagonism when the Celts play the Hawks three times including two second-night-of-a-B2B.

Overall, I'm going to say they'll go 8-8, which would put them at 18-16 at the start of March. 

That would be less than ideal, but they will still have more than half the season to make up lost ground with the higher seeds.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 11:31:37 AM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Predict Celtics Record for February 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 07:54:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

They have 16 games this month.  They most likely won't have Smart or Pritchard for any of them.

@GSW Loss
@SAC (b2b) Win
@LAC Loss
@PHX Loss
@UTA Loss
TOR Win
DET (b2b) Win
@WAS Win
DEN Win
ATL (b2b) Loss
ATL Win
NOP Win
DAL Win
ATL (b2b) Win
IND Win
WAS Win

My guess -- I think they'll struggle on the road trip.  I hope they go 2-3, which would be a good result given the level of competition combined with travel.  The rest of the way, it gets a bit easier, although I bet there's going to be some antagonism when the Celts play the Hawks three times including two second-night-of-a-B2B.

Overall, I'm going to say they'll go 8-8, which would put them at 18-16 at the start of March. 

That would be less than ideal, but they will still have more than half the season to make up lost ground with the higher seeds.

11-5; call me an optimist.

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 08:22:48 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Yeah, if the Jays stay fit... It's 12-4 for me..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 08:30:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
10-6 here. The quality of teams after that west coast trip takes a giant nose dive. I am also NOT expecting for Pritchard and Smart missing the entire month. I have them both being back for the last 6 or 7 games.

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
going with 8-8 due to their inconsistent play.  had them at 10-10 in the thread for their record in the first 20.  still might happen

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 10:52:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 553

They have 16 games this month.  They most likely won't have Smart or Pritchard for any of them.  It's kind of a brutal schedule.

@GSW
@SAC (b2b)
@LAC
@PHX
@UTA
TOR
DET (b2b)
@WAS
DEN
ATL (b2b)
ATL
NOP
DAL
ATL (b2b)
IND
WAS

You're only showing 6 of 16 on the road.  I'll say 10-6. 

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 11:05:13 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1004
Either 1-4 on the west coast road trip or 0-5. Somebody might get fired though if it's 0-5 lol. Other than that, most of the home games minus Dallas, one of Washington and one of Atlanta games should be winnable.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 01:40:45 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 08:46:37 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
9-7 just because I'm guessing.

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 11:29:24 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I'm with footey....11-5

They are going to start playing better as Walker figures it out. The east is going to be rough this year, simply too many good teams beating each other up.

Bux aren't playing that well. Philly is good now, but how can you trust them? Nets score a lot, but aren't a balanced team, Raps are behind the 8 ball with the Heat and the Hawks have a couple of years before they win some playoff games. The Pacers are lovable, but they're a 5th or 6th seed.

Just not afraid of the top group. Good but not great teams. Philly? Simmons is one of their best players? He has attempted 6 three point shots this year and is 63% from the line. What!? So it's up t Tobias Harris and Shake Milton to get Embiid a title?

On points allowed per game the Celtics are 8th in the NBA after a terrible first 6 or 7 games.

Lakers
Knicks
Utah
Clippers
Memphis
Phoenix
Cleveland
Boston

Ok, you're "scared" of the Lakers and Clippers. The Celtics are 106.3 in their last 8 games which I believe is 4th in the NBA.

Top defensive team with one of the best "big threes" in the league and a bench that is 50% (?) better than last year?

11-5

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 11:31:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

You're only showing 6 of 16 on the road.  I'll say 10-6.

You're right, I didn't correctly note a few of the road games later in the month.  TP
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain