Author Topic: Does 4 in a row matter to anyone?  (Read 5878 times)

Re: Does 4 in a row matter to anyone?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2017, 11:12:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
6 in a row now

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 12:21:35 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Matters a lot. 

It's very hard to win four games in a row against playoff teams. 

We are now at 6 in a row, with the last two against an even better team who we happen to match up REALLY badly with, and yet have willed out two straight wins anyway on pure heart and simply wanting it more. 

I get the feeling that the Wizards are going to be the toughest team we face in the East.  If we get past Washington, then I think the Cavs are a very nice matchup for us:

* They don't have a lot of size in the front court to exploit our own lack of size
* They don't have much quality defence in the backcourt to slow down our guards
* Their star PG (Irving) has a similar game to ours (Thomas), only ours is better
* Their star big (Love) has a similar game to ours (Horford) but ours is better
* Their best player (Lebron) plays a position where have tons of defensive depth (Crowder, Smart, Jerebko, Brown)

We also have the psychological advantage potentially, since Boston has been winning games with teamwork and heart, while Cleveland have had all kinds of chemistry and locker room issues in the past couple of months.

Call me crazy, but I think we have the edge in a Boston/Cleveland matchup.  Most people will disagree with me, but if I am Cleveland I am praying for Washington to win so I don't have to face Boston.

Plus you cannot underestimate the value of home court advantage - if Boston can pull out two early wins against Cleveland on our home court, it sets the momentum for the series, puts pressure on the Cavs, and increases the chances of their locker room falling to pieces.

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 12:42:29 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
^ nice points

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2017, 05:32:08 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
6 in a row and counting.  I believe that Washington is a good team but they have barely been together, the inexperience shows. The Celtics have chemistry and the group has been together now longer than the Wizards except for Al.  Also BS is learning how to coach in the playoffs. I don't know to much about the Wizards coach.  The Cs have now exceeded my expectations especially without a big man that can rebound and rim protect.  Please DA get a big man to help Al.   

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
6 in a row and counting.  I believe that Washington is a good team but they have barely been together, the inexperience shows. The Celtics have chemistry and the group has been together now longer than the Wizards except for Al.  Also BS is learning how to coach in the playoffs. I don't know to much about the Wizards coach.  The Cs have now exceeded my expectations especially without a big man that can rebound and rim protect.  Please DA get a big man to help Al.

Well, of course you don't. Scott Brooks sucks.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different