Author Topic: Mavericks (33-25) at Celtics (46-12) Game #59 3/1/24  (Read 8602 times)

Re: Mavericks (33-25) at Celtics (46-12) Game #59 3/1/24
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2024, 05:49:59 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
The Kyrie stuff was mostly self inflicted. 

Fans express things in different ways.  He p---ed off a lot of people and he did it in a very passionate sports town.  If he wants to shut up the crowd, go out and beat the Celtics.  The fans are gonna continue to rattle the guy until he proves otherwise.

I despise Kyrie as a player and former Celtic (as a human being - who  knows?). I agree that fans will continue to boo him and don’t really have a problem with booing - it’s not my thing, but it’s a reasonable way for fans to express an opinion.  The chants go beyond in my opinion, but it’s not like I’m deeply offended or give it a whole lot of thought. I just wouldn’t say “you suck’’ to someone — and having the ‘cover’ of a crowd doesn’t make it ok for me to say it.

Re: Mavericks (33-25) at Celtics (46-12) Game #59 3/1/24
« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2024, 07:33:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The Kyrie stuff was mostly self inflicted. 

Fans express things in different ways.  He p---ed off a lot of people and he did it in a very passionate sports town.  If he wants to shut up the crowd, go out and beat the Celtics.  The fans are gonna continue to rattle the guy until he proves otherwise.

I despise Kyrie as a player and former Celtic (as a human being - who  knows?). I agree that fans will continue to boo him and don’t really have a problem with booing - it’s not my thing, but it’s a reasonable way for fans to express an opinion.  The chants go beyond in my opinion, but it’s not like I’m deeply offended or give it a whole lot of thought. I just wouldn’t say “you suck’’ to someone — and having the ‘cover’ of a crowd doesn’t make it ok for me to say it.

I think Kyrie gets off easy as an anti-Semite.  He deserves every bit of scorn heaped upon him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes